Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Have to agree. Though, from that future Avengers issue, and Aaron's previous Things to Come page, Aaron will be abusing him for a while yet.

This definitely goes to the eternal question of: Do you want to see the character used, even if it is badly? I mean, the only thing worse than abuse is no use.

I thought it was pretty cool. But it's clearly geared toward Namor's Silver and Bronze Age appearances. I don't think there's many from the 90s run. Did you see Suma-Ket?
    I did not, I think you're right about it being mostly silver/bronze age villains

Okay, latest Clickbait / Twitter rumors:

As best as I can tell, RPK seems to have reported on his patreon that Namor and Hercules are likely to appear in the MCU. I say that, because the tweets I've seen have all been in another language, usually Spanish or Portuguese -- thank you Google Translate.

And then today I see this French version of a new book out with a bunch of MCU characters and ... Namor and Herc on the cover!

Marvel Myths and Legends by James Hill

Now, the US cover only has MCU characters, but it does have this in the blurb:

A reviewer says this is included:

At the very least, it seems to validate the idea that Atlantis, at least Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis, will appear in the Eternals.
    If they are going to show the history of the Marvel Universe then I'm sure there will be a nod to Atlantis, probably nothing in depth though? I just hope Marvel doesn't try to tie Atlantis to some cosmic thing like we all talked about before.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I gotta say, I think I hate the Prehistoric Avengers concept even more than the Jane Foster Thor. It's just so damn stupid.
    I love ignoring things that make zero sense. Like why would there be an ancient team of avengers when the idea of superheroes is a modern concept? I would understand having legends as protectors like Black Panther and other ancient civilizations around but anything else is just what???

From waaaay back in InkOctober, where one of the prompts was Fish???
    Awesome art!!! I love inktober and I love how if the prompt is water or fish we can find some Namor arts popping up! I don't go on instagram much so this art is new to me
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like these, especially the first one, since we rarely see Namor with so much muscle!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Awesome art!!! I love inktober and I love how if the prompt is water or fish we can find some Namor arts popping up! I don't go on instagram much so this art is new to me
    I've got a few more to post that I stumbled on. I didn't go looking, which I had planned to do, but of course, did not. So behind on everything. LOL!

I like these because they show artists that seem to be starting out are aware of Namor, enough to actually draw him. There were more like this, but I liked these three for the style or what they appear to be going for. The use of inks and shadows in the first one, the emphasis of musculature on the second one (speedo!), and the stark lines reminiscent of a wood cut on the third one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Currently sketching a 90s Namor when I should be doing other things, lol

Wow, nice drawing! Namor looks sooo angry here, like someone stole his Wheaties!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

OMG! That is gorgeous! Love the expression and the movement of the hair. Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, nice drawing! Namor looks sooo angry here, like someone stole his Wheaties!
    90s Namor is EXTREME!!! ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I love the (longer flowing) hair on Namor too. Sometimes it is good to change things up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

*flails* omg I'm loving your style!!! and your lines are excellent!!! How long have you been drawing btw? I'm still learning but its a slow process XD Also that Suma-Ket one you did was so cool, I was hoping we get an Artys-Gran follow up someday.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    *flails* omg I'm loving your style!!! and your lines are excellent!!! How long have you been drawing btw? I'm still learning but its a slow process XD Also that Suma-Ket one you did was so cool, I was hoping we get an Artys-Gran follow up someday.
    I'm still working on Suma-Ket, he's definitely in my top 5 Namor foes. I drew him a lot a few months ago to try and get a look for him I was happy with.

As far as drawing, I've drawn since I was a kid, I worked in animation for a while, but never in comics. I'm not sure why, considering I love so many of these characters, but I just never seemed to go that way. Part of me is glad considering the state Marvel is in right now.

Namor himself is one of those characters I have real difficulty drawing, I believe because I love the character so much, he just never comes out the way I see him in my head.

Here's a doodle of everyone's favourite bride-murderin' shape-shiftin serpent-lovin' sorceress from hell:
    This was me working out a story idea I had where Llyra uncovers the skull of Thulsa Doom inside a statue of Kull the Conquerer that was dug up from the ruins of old continental Atlantis. Llyra then uses the skull for all kinds of evil highjinks, eventually learning the skull is still connected to the soul of Thulsa, and she then resurrects him, and together they try to call upon outer gods and Namor really has his hands full. BUT then Savage Avengers stole my idea and brought back Conan and Kulan Gath for that book and I was like, YOUSONOFA... so my story went back on the shelf inside my brain lol

In that old story concept I posted here a year two ago, I actually hint at the Kull statue being unearthed as Namor's archaeological team are bringing ancient art and artifacts from former settlements to bring to his secret "Sacred City" version of Atlantis that was beneath the floor of the Southern Ocean.
    Last edited by Doombot; 02-07-2021 at 01:36 AM.

I don't want to spam the board with my crap, so this will be the last one. I often bitch about the sorry state of TigerShark and his ever-changing visual design. I'm currently also working out my own version of Arliss. I still believe the original Buscema design is the strongest, particularly the silhouette, but I absolutely cannot stand the Kirbyesque orange and black zigzag design. On some level I believe that look has helped keep TigerShark as a C-lister, that coupled with being a guest-star thug villain for years as he had no Namor ongoing to be developed in. I wanted to have TigerShark depicted as he should be, something actually terrifying and dangerous. This guy should be a living nightmare for Namor, as well as anyone else that runs into him. I felt he should have more of a living skin type suit, not really a suit at all, but a part of him, complete with living shark teeth replacing the hook or fin designs down his arms and legs. This is a guy is a beast, he was Sabretooth or Venom before those characters ever existed. Imagine a madman with the brute strength enough to lift a cruise ship, yet sadistic enough to try to eat you because he believes he IS a shark and not a man. He's a terrible reflection of Namor himself. All his great power, yet cold where Namor is passionate, vicious and vindictive where Namor is humane and caring, and a murderer while Namor a King. Arliss wants to forget his humanity while Namor aspires to his.

I'll post the finished version here, but I do these in my spare time, so it takes longer than I'd like.

These are amazing! You could do an amazing pitch for a Namor book with these illustrations. With the expressive faces and full of motions, I can see you were great at animation. Comics, of course, are different. I don't think people realize how hard it is to do sequentials.

Love your ideas too. I've long argued that Tiger Shark has been wasted as he's written now. He definitely should be a dark mirror to Namor, and thus should be a major villain for him. A lot of thought provoking material, so thank you! Will be back later with questions.

I'm still working on Suma-Ket, he's definitely in my top 5 Namor foes. I drew him a lot a few months ago to try and get a look for him I was happy with.

As far as drawing, I've drawn since I was a kid, I worked in animation for a while, but never in comics. I'm not sure why, considering I love so many of these characters, but I just never seemed to go that way. Part of me is glad considering the state Marvel is in right now.

Namor himself is one of those characters I have real difficulty drawing, I believe because I love the character so much, he just never comes out the way I see him in my head.

Here's a doodle of everyone's favourite bride-murderin' shape-shiftin serpent-lovin' sorceress from hell:
    This was me working out a story idea I had where Llyra uncovers the skull of Thulsa Doom inside a statue of Kull the Conquerer that was dug up from the ruins of old continental Atlantis. Llyra then uses the skull for all kinds of evil highjinks, eventually learning the skull is still connected to the soul of Thulsa, and she then resurrects him, and together they try to call upon outer gods and Namor really has his hands full. BUT then Savage Avengers stole my idea and brought back Conan and Kulan Gath for that book and I was like, YOUSONOFA... so my story went back on the shelf inside my brain lol

In that old story concept I posted here a year two ago, I actually hint at the Kull statue being unearthed as Namor's archaeological team are bringing ancient art and artifacts from former settlements to bring to his secret "Sacred City" version of Atlantis that was beneath the floor of the Southern Ocean.
    LOL darn them for taking your idea! But I really love this look, she is one evil lady.

I don't want to spam the board with my crap, so this will be the last one. I often bitch about the sorry state of TigerShark and his ever-changing visual design. I'm currently also working out my own version of Arliss. I still believe the original Buscema design is the strongest, particularly the silhouette, but I absolutely cannot stand the Kirbyesque orange and black zigzag design. On some level I believe that look has helped keep TigerShark as a C-lister, that coupled with being a guest-star thug villain for years as he had no Namor ongoing to be developed in. I wanted to have TigerShark depicted as he should be, something actually terrifying and dangerous. This guy should be a living nightmare for Namor, as well as anyone else that runs into him. I felt he should have more of a living skin type suit, not really a suit at all, but a part of him, complete with living shark teeth replacing the hook or fin designs down his arms and legs. This is a guy is a beast, he was Sabretooth or Venom before those characters ever existed. Imagine a madman with the brute strength enough to lift a cruise ship, yet sadistic enough to try to eat you because he believes he IS a shark and not a man. He's a terrible reflection of Namor himself. All his great power, yet cold where Namor is passionate, vicious and vindictive where Namor is humane and caring, and a murderer while Namor a King. Arliss wants to forget his humanity while Namor aspires to his.

I'll post the finished version here, but I do these in my spare time, so it takes longer than I'd like.

NOW THIS IS A TIGER SHARK LOOK I CAN STAN. I love this whole concept!!!! I love the colors and the expression, so perfect, so totally tiger shark. I hope you will share more stuff here in the future, I'd love to see more of your designs!

Very great. My immediate thought was when he found out Llyra deceived him as Sue. He were pretty angry.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Oberon! I was just talking about you. We need you in the Defenders thread!

I think his original version is the best. I never disliked the coloring. I read those when was 12 back then. Loved the whole story. But I was a real sucker for Diane and a possible relationship with Namor. Still your version is quite nice too and I wouldn't kick it out of bed, lol.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Why, is it time for me to get (someone) banned again?
    ~ Oberon ~