Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 922
  1. #796
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that pic of Namor and Jim.

    I know---they need to let Namor have some happiness in his regal life...
    LOL! I LOVE it when Namor & Hammond have a get-together. Always so nostalgic (IMHO):



  2. #797
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    17,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. It's like they were reading ImperiusWrecked's mind! Had you known, you could have sent your commission in. I mean to keep up with the Line is Drawn, so I can suggest more Namor stuff, but I keep forgetting.

    Nick Perk often does Namor images. I LOVE this one he did for an old Line is Drawn. He was selling at ********* so I got a shirt. Wore it to a con and several people commented on it.



    https://www.deviantart.com/nick-perk...Here-515312610

    (

    I was going to say this looks like it is taking place at Namor's movie studio! I don't know much about album covers. We only bought 45s when we were kids

  3. #798
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was going to say this looks like it is taking place at Namor's movie studio! I don't know much about album covers. We only bought 45s when we were kids

    Ha! It does! I wonder how long Namor has had that studio?

    Me too, as a kid. But later ...

    Here's the original cover.

    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  4. #799
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that pic of Namor and Jim.

    I know---they need to let Namor have some happiness in his regal life...
    Namor happy??? I don't think Marvel even knows what that means anymore. LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL, I may be a bit biased but I def like my comm art a whole lot more! Rock Star Namor!

    Ahhhhh I love Jim & Namor! I need to see them in a comic again, they have such a great long standing history. However Jim is currently mind controlled in the Iron Man books )':

    Ah Lori, yes I vaguely recalled her from seeing an old superman panel online.
    Have to agree. I LOVE your Rock Star Namor commission!

    Jim is still in the Iron Man book? Had no idea.

    You know, we rarely see Jim and Namor together unless it's Invader related. I think the 90s Namor run and the Heroes for Hire that K7P5V posted are the only non-Invaders stuff out there. Am I wrong?



    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I LOVE it when Namor & Hammond have a get-together. Always so nostalgic (IMHO)[/img]
    It certainly reminds Namor of his youth.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  5. #800
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Another Marvel book to keep an eye out for.








    https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classi...30524855&psc=1


    It lists at $125. I was hoping it wasn't so pricey, but it is less expensive than trying to get even one of these vintage posters. I've seen them go for $300 +

    May have to wait for this Calendar, instead, which will hopefully come out AND have at least one of the Namor posters.

    https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Marvel-.../dp/1419744062
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #801
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Instead of the image of Captain Marvel punching Namor, I wish they'd used this one instead.


    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #802
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I love that last one you posts, with Namor flying past the statue of liberty, its very cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor happy??? I don't think Marvel even knows what that means anymore. LOL

    Have to agree. I LOVE your Rock Star Namor commission!

    Jim is still in the Iron Man book? Had no idea.

    You know, we rarely see Jim and Namor together unless it's Invader related. I think the 90s Namor run and the Heroes for Hire that K7P5V posted are the only non-Invaders stuff out there. Am I wrong?

    It certainly reminds Namor of his youth.
    Thanks Rev! I am waiting a bit for my next commission but hopefully something good. I really want a Namor/Dorma piece but I have yet to settle on what it is exactly I want.

    You are right, Jim & Namor were friends in the 90s outside of the Invaders, and also in the Torch miniseries we have Jim and Namor in one comic together. Unless we are counting the golden age era of course, then they had more comics together, lol.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  8. #803
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Namor art by Bob Budiansky



    edit: Hold on, I just saw it written that this was supposed to be a pitch for a Namor series? Wonder what happened there. Knowing Marvel they probably said "Namor doesn't sell" >:/






    Namor art by Matthew Dunn

    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 09-22-2021 at 02:44 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  9. #804
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor art by Bob Budiansky


    edit: Hold on, I just saw it written that this was supposed to be a pitch for a Namor series? Wonder what happened there. Knowing Marvel they probably said "Namor doesn't sell" >:/


    Namor art by Matthew Dunn


    I LOVE this Matthew Dunn piece. It kind of reminds me of Tom Coker on the Greg Pak Marvel Comics Presents story. It also looks like Namor is standing there inspecting his whale troops in parade. LOL!


    Hmmm. Well, the first Budiansky piece was probably part of a pitch for the 1984 Prince Namor mini-series he did with J. M. DeMatteis. The second pic, with the Marvel Mystery Comics dress seems like a later fan / commissioned addition to the original piece.


    There have been a few "failed" pitches for Namor series I've heard of / seen, but the series usual went ahead with another set of creators. For example, both Kieron Gillen and Rick Remender did pitches for a Namor series in 2009ish -- I think they were asked to. Marvel didn't go with either pitch, but instead went with Stuart Moore's pitch, and we got his Namor the First Mutant series from that in 2010ish.

    Jim Starlin did a pitch for a Namor series, involving the Russians attacking Atlantis, IIRC, and there was even a page or two of art. However, Marvel went with the Bill Jemas and Salvador LaRocca Tsunami Teen Namor.





    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love that last one you posts, with Namor flying past the statue of liberty, its very cool.



    Thanks Rev! I am waiting a bit for my next commission but hopefully something good. I really want a Namor/Dorma piece but I have yet to settle on what it is exactly I want.

    You are right, Jim & Namor were friends in the 90s outside of the Invaders, and also in the Torch miniseries we have Jim and Namor in one comic together. Unless we are counting the golden age era of course, then they had more comics together, lol.

    Isn't it? So much better than getting punched by Captain Marvel. LOL!

    Ah, yes, I forgot about that Torch mini-series. It think it is the only one of the Alex Ross Invaders series that didn't get hardcover treatment. I don't think the rest of the Invaders, other than Toro and Namor, were part of that book. I could definitely go for a Jim Hammond and Namor buddy book ... maybe a little like the Wonderman and Beast stuff from the 1980s?

    Can't wait to see a Namor and Dorma piece! Just not enough of those around nowadays.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  10. #805
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor happy??? I don't think Marvel even knows what that means anymore. LOL
    Namor has never really had happiness in his life for more than a fleeting moment. He has had lots of loss and tragedy. I want to see some happiness for our Sea King!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  11. #806
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor art by Bob Budiansky



    edit: Hold on, I just saw it written that this was supposed to be a pitch for a Namor series? Wonder what happened there. Knowing Marvel they probably said "Namor doesn't sell" >:/


    I love that Namor pose and the powerful the Trident of Neptune. I always thought Namor should have used the Trident when battling Thor or Hercules to counter their weapons.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  12. #807
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Isn't it? So much better than getting punched by Captain Marvel. LOL!

    Ah, yes, I forgot about that Torch mini-series. It think it is the only one of the Alex Ross Invaders series that didn't get hardcover treatment. I don't think the rest of the Invaders, other than Toro and Namor, were part of that book. I could definitely go for a Jim Hammond and Namor buddy book ... maybe a little like the Wonderman and Beast stuff from the 1980s?

    Can't wait to see a Namor and Dorma piece! Just not enough of those around nowadays.
    To the utmost, I agree! I'd even settle for the updated version from 2000 (LOL!):


    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love that Namor pose and the powerful the Trident of Neptune. I always thought Namor should have used the Trident when battling Thor or Hercules to counter their weapons.
    I know, right?! I keep forgetting that Hercules used to carry around the Golden Mace (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Mace):

    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-23-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

  13. #808
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! I'd even settle for the updated version from 2000 (LOL!):





    I know, right?! I keep forgetting that Hercules used to carry around the Golden Mace (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Mace):


    I'd forgotten about Hercules' mace! I think it was mostly in response to Thor's hammer, wasn't it?

    Wow. I don't think I've read those Avengers issues. I'll have to see if I can find them.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  14. #809
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree! I'd even settle for the updated version from 2000 (LOL!):





    I know, right?! I keep forgetting that Hercules used to carry around the Golden Mace (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Mace):

    That is why we make a great team! You always post the best pics!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  15. #810
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd forgotten about Hercules' mace! I think it was mostly in response to Thor's hammer, wasn't it?

    Wow. I don't think I've read those Avengers issues. I'll have to see if I can find them.
    IMHO, highly recommended. From the same writer who officially made Namor a member of Earth's Mightiest Heroes!


    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is why we make a great team! You always post the best pics!
    Thanks for the compliments. It really means a lot.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •