Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1313
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    A blast from the past! We had Scarlet Witch vs Lady Lark. Vision vs Hyperion, Hellcat and Beast in action, and Hellcat a few of the SS. Aw, such good reading.....
    Plus the first stint on the book of the one who would become the definitive Avengers penciller; the awesome George Perez!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Yes, he was truly. Is. The definitive Avengers penciller.

Although I loved Sal Buscema about 70 issues earlier. He was definitive for that era.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Plus the first stint on the book of the one who would become the definitive Avengers penciller; the awesome George Perez!
    Ah, that is right. I forgot, but yes, this was the beginning of a great run of stories, art, bright colors and adventures! Some of my most favorites too!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, he was truly. Is. The definitive Avengers penciller.

Although I loved Sal Buscema about 70 issues earlier. He was definitive for that era.
    Oh big YES here for sure!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ah, that is right. I forgot, but yes, this was the beginning of a great run of stories, art, bright colors and adventures! Some of my most favorites too!

Oh big YES here for sure!
    Indeed. Truly Magnificent. So much so, the editorial team felt the need to praise his work mid-story (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Truly Magnificent. So much so, the editorial team felt the need to praise his work mid-story (XD)

I love that Namor pic!

I think this is from Avengers 154-155 wherein Namor meets and fights Wonder Man?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I love that Namor pic!

I think this is from Avengers 154-155 wherein Namor meets and fights Wonder Man?
    Correct! Avengers #155, to be exact. Truly an epic, and an all-time favorite (XD)

Mighty Member

One of my favorite Namor pictures ever! Right there with John Buscema classic cover from Sub-mariner #1. George Perez and Pablo Marcos was such a perfect combination. The artwork was so fantastic!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Correct! Avengers #155, to be exact. Truly an epic, and an all-time favorite (XD)

Thank you my friend for the great pics!

I know this is Namor appreciation, but I also appreciate Wonder Man. He looks so powerful there too! In fact, Beast and Old Whizzer look great also. I love the bright, colorful costumes! The scenes jump off the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    One of my favorite Namor pictures ever! Right there with John Buscema classic cover from Sub-mariner #1. George Perez and Pablo Marcos was such a perfect combination. The artwork was so fantastic!
    Thank you my friend for the great pics!

I know this is Namor appreciation, but I also appreciate Wonder Man. He looks so powerful there too! In fact, Beast and Old Whizzer look great also. I love the bright, colorful costumes! The scenes jump off the page.
    In agreement with the both of you. But, let's not forget the wonderful writing & dialogue.
    The epic storytelling never missed a beat, even when other talented artists were brought in (such like Sal Buscema):

Thanks all for welcoming me into the forum thread, just recently disocovered this, mainly been on the Namor discord server.

Appreciate all your kind words on my Namor cosplay, I've done Phoenix Five, Speedo, All New Invaders, King in Black, and as you've already seen Atlantis Attacks. Got a lot of big plans for 2022 with new Namor costumes and collabs from the Namorverse.

Excited to share more of my Namor cosplays with true Namor fans! Here is another shot from my Atlantis Attacks shoot

I'm probably in the lone, but I liked this Wonder Man costume, more than the others.

It now strikes me or makes me wonder that Namor doesn't think Whizzer is his old ally from WW2, or was that addressed?
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

So I had to find it, possibly one of my favorite Avengers covers of all time.

Sal Buscema, as mentioned is another favorite artist.
    Avengers.jpg

hope it works, I'm not very adept at this...
    ~ Oberon ~

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wish Marvel put as much effort into Namor as they did with their other IP’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm probably in the lone, but I liked this Wonder Man costume, more than the others.
    You're not alone. For lo these many years, I've been praying for the return of this outfit...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Thanks all for welcoming me into the forum thread, just recently disocovered this, mainly been on the Namor discord server.

Appreciate all your kind words on my Namor cosplay, I've done Phoenix Five, Speedo, All New Invaders, King in Black, and as you've already seen Atlantis Attacks. Got a lot of big plans for 2022 with new Namor costumes and collabs from the Namorverse.

Excited to share more of my Namor cosplays with true Namor fans! Here is another shot from my Atlantis Attacks shoot
    Great shot! Are the ankle wings postwork?