Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Brian Cronin featured Namor's initial departure from the Avengers during Roger Stern's run in his "Comics Should be Good" column.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-avengers-j...-alpha-flight/

Since he also tweets this it means a bit more awareness for Namor.

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin/sta...67152192544770

Thanks for the links! I wasn't aware of that information regarding Roger Stern being in the dark about the Alpha Flight plans. I know Walt Simonson didn't care for Marrina and that's why he killed her off. I guess he wasn't that fond of Namor either, as that was the impetus for him leaving the Avengers finally.

I need to check the dates, as I thought they separated Namor from Atlantis so they could put him on the Avengers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Been busy but! I am excited for the Defenders miniseries coming out in august but is Namor going to be there? he wasn't on the preview cover art ):

Also I'm VERY salty hearing Aquaman is getting an 80th special when Namor got nothing from Marvel! >
    Don't get me started on all the anniversaries Marvel is honoring, and with cool anniversary logos! But we get NOTHING for Marvel's oldest character.

Namor was on the first promo art ... but I think it was more like characters Dr. Strange might call on for help in this mini-series. Not sure if he will actually appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, IW! Hope all is well.

I like this cover of the new Defenders. Doc has a fanny pack to hold of their NYC subway passes, lol.

I just got my Defenders Omnibus! Yay!
    That's great! Which cover did you get?

LOL! Fanny Pack. You've discovered what happened to Dr. Strange. He will die of SHAME. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

That's great! Which cover did you get?

LOL! Fanny Pack. You've discovered what happened to Dr. Strange. He will die of SHAME. LOL!
    Hey Rev! Hope you are doing well and feeling better with allergies and energy!

I got the Variant Molina cover with Namor, Val and Team standing in front. The neat thing is that the back shows over 30 covers! I have not opened it yet as I am waiting for a time when I can sit and just read for hours and hours! I also have my Defenders Vol 7 to read. Oh, and I heard there will be a MMW Defenders Vol 8 later this year!

Yeah, good thing Doc and I are friends or he might put a spell on me for noticing the fanny pack, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I know what you mean about anniversaries. Even though Marvel as done a few things for the FF's 60th anniversary, they have AFAIK not done many Fantastic Four variant covers that appear on other titles. Yet we are getting some FF variant covers with Spider-Man villains and (rolls eyes) Deadpool variants. Other than the main title and Mark Russell's Fantastic Four: Life Story (at least that's been good so far) there's not been all that much going on with the Fantastic Four.

Did Marvel have anything for Namor on his 80th anniversary? I don't remember anything. Essentially you have a title with Marvel's first character and a title that kicked off Marvel's Silver Age not getting much of a celebration IMO
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-08-2021 at 10:00 AM.

We FINALLY get a Namor appearance today, in X-Men 21. Written by Jonathan Hickman so expect plenty of snark. Though I'm not sure why Hickman thinks Namor is a two handed drinker.

It also looks like the X-Men still want him to join them.

Last edited by Reviresco; 06-09-2021 at 11:02 AM.

So I'm seeing the fantastic news that someone has admitted the casting of Namor in Black Panther 2 : Wakanda Forever. An actor more known in Mexican cinema or international, perhaps?

Also related news of other casting for what seems other Atlanteans / underwater people: Namora and Attuma (sic)
    Sounds like Eternals may have service done to Atlantis with emphasis on Mezo-American origins or synergies, which sounds fascinating and will differentiate (all of the above) the Marvel Atlantis from DC's more Euro type Atlanteans/culture.

Hope any or all of this true.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So I'm seeing the fantastic news that someone has admitted the casting of Namor in Black Panther 2 : Wakanda Forever. An actor more known in Mexican cinema or international, perhaps?

Also related news of other casting for what seems other Atlanteans / underwater people: Namora and Attuma (sic)
    Sounds like Eternals may have service done to Atlantis with emphasis on Mezo-American origins or synergies, which sounds fascinating and will differentiate (all of the above) the Marvel Atlantis from DC's more Euro type Atlanteans/culture.

That's rumors if not outright speculation. I would be thrilled at an MCU Namor announcement, but I absolutely do NOT want him to appear in a Black Panther movie.

Hey Rev! Hope you are doing well and feeling better with allergies and energy!

I got the Variant Molina cover with Namor, Val and Team standing in front. The neat thing is that the back shows over 30 covers! I have not opened it yet as I am waiting for a time when I can sit and just read for hours and hours! I also have my Defenders Vol 7 to read. Oh, and I heard there will be a MMW Defenders Vol 8 later this year!

Yeah, good thing Doc and I are friends or he might put a spell on me for noticing the fanny pack, lol!

That's the cover I got too! The Molina cover is so gorgeous. And there will be hours of enjoyment when you open it -- the writing made the reading longer back then.

I need that new MMW for sure.

Allergies seem to be doing better. Now working on the energy. Thanks for the well wishes!

That's the cover I got too! The Molina cover is so gorgeous. And there will be hours of enjoyment when you open it -- the writing made the reading longer back then.

I need that new MMW for sure.

Allergies seem to be doing better. Now working on the energy. Thanks for the well wishes!
    Oh, I am sure delight will be there making me squeal, lol! Although it will probably be a number of weeks from now until I am able to get to it. But still, something really great to look forward to as my Summer Reading Agenda! And what better than the Dynamic Defenders with Namor!

Glad you are starting to feel better.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

That's rumors if not outright speculation. I would be thrilled at an MCU Namor announcement, but I absolutely do NOT want him to appear in a Black Panther movie.
    Yeah, I concur with Reviresco. They love to play with fans today. Namor deserves his own movie! They do not need to "test him out" in BP#2 or #3.

Oh, I am sure delight will be there making me squeal, lol! Although it will probably be a number of weeks from now until I am able to get to it. But still, something really great to look forward to as my Summer Reading Agenda! And what better than the Dynamic Defenders with Namor!

Glad you are starting to feel better.
    Re-reading all my favorite comics is definitely on my list of things to get back to.

Yeah, I concur with Reviresco. They love to play with fans today. Namor deserves his own movie! They do not need to "test him out" in BP#2 or #3.

Clickbait for some of those sites.

There are problems with 'testing" Namor out in another character's movie -- mainly, he's got such a big world and history, but it could be done, especially in FF. But he would be treated like crap in a Black Panther movie, so no, I don't want that at all. Movies OR a Disney Plus series! I can't wait to get home and watch Loki! Loved both WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

But I generally hate the idea of trying out characters instead of just making a movie, especially with characters who have 40+ years in print. They are popular. They have plenty of fans. If the movies are made correctly, they will be a hit.

To make matters worse, they first talked about a Namor movie (and BP, She-Hulk, Black Widow and Antman back in the 1980's!!! Yeah, I am still waiting for to see those 1980 movies that were never-ever made.)

For example, they did this with JL; they were originally going to do the JL movie first, then release individual character movies, but the big-heads thought better to slowly release each character movie before they did that. The end result was that it took so many years for the JL movie to come out and we are still waiting for a Flash movie!

From Bleeding Cool, a preview of the Free Comic Book Day

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wolv...fcbd-avengers/

FCBD 2021 MARVEL GOLD AVENGERS HULK #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    APR210008
    (W) Jason Aaron (A) Iban Coello
    In a land beyond time, a shining tower stands, deploying its operatives across the Multiverse to hold against the encroaching darkness! Who is the mysterious Avenger Prime, and how will his advent impact on the past, the present, and the very future of the mighty Avengers?

And apparently in one of those Multiverses there is an Atlantean Avengers, with Namor as ... Captain Atlantis. I have no words ... that I can post here. ;p

At this point, I'm starting to believe Jason Aaron hates Namor.

From Bleeding Cool, a preview of the Free Comic Book Day

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wolv...fcbd-avengers/

FCBD 2021 MARVEL GOLD AVENGERS HULK #1
    MARVEL COMICS
    APR210008
    (W) Jason Aaron (A) Iban Coello
    In a land beyond time, a shining tower stands, deploying its operatives across the Multiverse to hold against the encroaching darkness! Who is the mysterious Avenger Prime, and how will his advent impact on the past, the present, and the very future of the mighty Avengers?

And apparently in one of those Multiverses there is an Atlantean Avengers, with Namor as ... Captain Atlantis. I have no words ... that I can post here. ;p

At this point, I'm starting to believe Jason Aaron hates Namor.
    I think he hates ALL of the characters. Or at least established history. Someone said he wants to put his own mark on each character (I remember that pug dog you posted doing his business--I think that fits here!) while totally destroying everything that has come before.

I didn't think it was a rumor or speculation, I read the news as a confirmation of this actor and the role.

Despite your preferences, Marvel may have a different plan.

The seeds were already laid, twice, that Atlantis exists and is coming, so they have a plan.

I have nothing against new ideas that reveal why Namor, or the FF or whoever, were not/have not been present in the MCU up to now.
    Many things that became notable, started off as these seeds, so I hope everyone will give it a chance and not decide to hate it unseen, because it doesn't match their canon.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all