Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 1196
  1. #901
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Been waiting for news of this and finally got a release date!








    THE FINAL CHAPTER OF PETER DAVID’S MAESTRO TRILOGY BEGINS!

    A.I.M., the Pantheon and even Doctor Doom have all fallen before the might of the Maestro! Finally, he may now reign over his kingdom with a firm green fist. Except he didn’t count on the Abomination rising from the dead and forming an alliance with Namor and Doom! And this dangerous new alliance is ready for war — WORLD WAR M!
    MAESTRO: WORLD WAR M #1 (OF 5)

    Writer: PETER DAVID (W)
    Artists: GERMÁN PERALTA & PASQUAL FERRY
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by RON LIM
    Variant Cover by LOGAN LUBERA
    Release Date: January 2022

    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/20/ex...world-war-m-1/



    YES! Finally getting Super-Villain Team-Up, even if it AU.

    Got to say, don NOT like the facial hair.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  2. #902
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Got to say, don NOT like the facial hair.
    I know, right?! Time to bring in Johnny for some facial grooming (LOL):


  3. #903
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    18,024

    Default

    I have to get up pretty early to beat you to the news! I was just looking over the solicitations this morning after only seeing partial ones at various sites last night. Doom is only featured on one of the variants but that Namor just doesn't look right to me. I read Peter David's Maestro mini last year and I hope this one is better. As usual Maestro ends up beating the **** out of everyone. I really never liked this version of the Hulk but I guess it's PAD's baby. It's the only character he seems to be interested in writing these days.

    I am really looking forward to his take on the relationship between Namor and Doom. Having read the other Maestro series, I just wasn't sure where or when this was taking place. I'll have to go back and see but it seemed to be in an AU.

  4. #904
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Been waiting for news of this and finally got a release date!











    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/20/ex...world-war-m-1/



    YES! Finally getting Super-Villain Team-Up, even if it AU.

    Got to say, don NOT like the facial hair.
    Is this an older Namor? An evil Namor? He looks both with the new facial hair.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  5. #905
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Time to bring in Johnny for some facial grooming (LOL):


    So right! LOL!



    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is this an older Namor? An evil Namor? He looks both with the new facial hair.
    I think it is an older alternate universe Namor, as Maestro is an alternate universe Hulk, from an apocalyptic future. Yeah, that goatee doesn't help the look at all, which is part of why I don't like it.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #906
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to get up pretty early to beat you to the news! I was just looking over the solicitations this morning after only seeing partial ones at various sites last night. Doom is only featured on one of the variants but that Namor just doesn't look right to me. I read Peter David's Maestro mini last year and I hope this one is better. As usual Maestro ends up beating the **** out of everyone. I really never liked this version of the Hulk but I guess it's PAD's baby. It's the only character he seems to be interested in writing these days.

    I am really looking forward to his take on the relationship between Namor and Doom. Having read the other Maestro series, I just wasn't sure where or when this was taking place. I'll have to go back and see but it seemed to be in an AU.
    LOL! Well, I do have bad sleeping habits. ;p

    I agree. For one thing, Namor is wearing far too many clothes, even if he is Old Man Namor! I'm hoping the interior art is more to my taste, though I'm sure he'll still have that horrible facial hair. It's strange how many AU Namor's have a goatee or facial hair. There's even a robot version of Namor from an FF story that someone tries to pass off as a future Namor, and he's got the goatee! What's ironic is so many people use that image for 616 Namor in their articles! That's how I know if they actually know anything about Namor.

    Anyway, back to the Maestro mini --- haven't read the other two, but plan to before January. Since it is Maestro's book, I expect he'll prevail. But Peter David is a pretty solid writer, and he often uses an AU Namor, so hopefully it will be entertaining. I hope he does justice to SVTU. Who knows? If it goes over well, maybe he'll do a 616 SVTU!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #907
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Anyway, back to the Maestro mini --- haven't read the other two, but plan to before January. Since it is Maestro's book, I expect he'll prevail. But Peter David is a pretty solid writer, and he often uses an AU Namor, so hopefully it will be entertaining. I hope he does justice to SVTU. Who knows? If it goes over well, maybe he'll do a 616 SVTU!
    Indeed. There's no doubt about the outcome, but let's hope things turn out better than the time Namor went up against Arthur.

    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-21-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

  8. #908
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. There's no doubt about the outcome, but let's hope things turn out better than the time Namor went up against Arthur.

    Aaaah! What a horrible page.

    Yes, I know the outcome was decided by vote, but I do think Peter David went for the totally ridiculous and embarrassing. Though he was writing for DC and Aquaman, so ....
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  9. #909
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP!!!! I don't care if it's an AU I just can't wait for the drama!!! I was looking through Jan stuff and why does Wolverine need another two series???? Lives of X and Death of X, do we really need more wolverine? I am just so tired of it.

    Anyways I just hope Namor won't be used in any more Avengers, so this WWM comic is the best I have to look forward to for namor next year (So far)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  10. #910
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    18,024

    Default

    Yeah, we really need more Wolverine titles *sarcasm* Even though we know Namor, Doom and the Abomination will get bested by the Maestro at least it should be entertaining to read about them plotting together.

  11. #911
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP!!!! I don't care if it's an AU I just can't wait for the drama!!! I was looking through Jan stuff and why does Wolverine need another two series???? Lives of X and Death of X, do we really need more wolverine? I am just so tired of it.

    Anyways I just hope Namor won't be used in any more Avengers, so this WWM comic is the best I have to look forward to for namor next year (So far)
    Yes! Beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take the AU. Peter David can do witty dialog, so I hope he leans into it with Doom and Namor. They can be so much fun!

    So far, indeed. This is just January. I'm hoping there will be more ... like a follow up to KiB mini. I know. But I can hope.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news ... but this is from Aaron's newsletter:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
    And while you’re at the local comic shop, you can pick up the newly released AVENGERS #49. I think you can tell from these first few pages that I rather greatly enjoy writing Namor, King of Atlantis. Expect me to be doing more of that.
    https://jasonaaron.substack.com/p/go...hat-are-sacred


    Buckle up Namor fans.



    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, we really need more Wolverine titles *sarcasm* Even though we know Namor, Doom and the Abomination will get bested by the Maestro at least it should be entertaining to read about them plotting together.
    That's my hope too for Maestro.

    Yes, the solicits just get more and more depressing for me.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #912
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, we really need more Wolverine titles *sarcasm* Even though we know Namor, Doom and the Abomination will get bested by the Maestro at least it should be entertaining to read about them plotting together.
    Can't wait for the backstabbing to begin, LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! Beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take the AU. Peter David can do witty dialog, so I hope he leans into it with Doom and Namor. They can be so much fun!

    So far, indeed. This is just January. I'm hoping there will be more ... like a follow up to KiB mini. I know. But I can hope.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news ... but this is from Aaron's newsletter:



    https://jasonaaron.substack.com/p/go...hat-are-sacred


    Buckle up Namor fans.





    That's my hope too for Maestro.

    Yes, the solicits just get more and more depressing for me.
    NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST NEWS I AM SO UPSET. Why can't he just leave Namor ALONE.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  13. #913
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,452

    Default

    Abomination and Namor together should be able to equal a calm-to-slightly angry Maestro (according to old handbooks). But if Maestro gets enraged, yeah, look out everybody!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  14. #914
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Time to bring in Johnny for some facial grooming (LOL):

    Honestly, and maybe it's just me, but the first image does not look at all like a guy. Can Namor change the shape of his face and the like, because honestly it looks like a lady in the first image. Even the eyes are slightly different.

    Brings up a dumb question, could gender bent Namor work? Like for a What if joke thing. Because with his looks I think he could pull it off.

  15. #915
    Incredible Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Honestly, and maybe it's just me, but the first image does not look at all like a guy. Can Namor change the shape of his face and the like, because honestly it looks like a lady in the first image. Even the eyes are slightly different.

    Brings up a dumb question, could gender bent Namor work? Like for a What if joke thing. Because with his looks I think he could pull it off.
    Wouldn't that just be Namora?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •