Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post

#2/3 Submariner Trilogy pieces complete .

Artist: Esad Ribic
    Medium : water colour , pencil , acrylic
    Size: 14” x 20”

It’s been a while since I’ve posted . Life stuff ( started a family , Covid , etc etc ) so I haven’t been around . I’m very happy to show off this new piece of art . Some of you remember the 1st Villain team up piece Esad did from an older thread . The new painting was done in New Jersey this week at Anthony’s Comicbook Shop. Esad flew in for the week to catch up on back ordered commissions and he delivered a great second piece to me . A classic cover from the silver age and one of my favs in that run ( an hommage to the late John Buscema ) he created a modernized version in his own style . My only direction was that it take place underwater and it be recognizable to the original . He delivered . Hope you guys like it !
    OMG! That is GORGEOUS! I don't think I've seen Tiger Shark look better. And Namor is powerful! Great lighting. 2/3 ... Dare I ask what the subject of the third piece will be?

It's good to see you again. Yes, these past years have been tough all around. But congrats on starting a family!

And thank you for sharing your high quality Subby collection. Always happy to see your Doom and Namor Super-Villain Team-Up!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hey all!
    Let me introduce myself, I am Namorcosplay, as one would assume I cosplay Namor the Sub-Mariner exclusively. I stumbled upon this forum and it's always exciting meeting other members of Namor Nation! I look forward to meeting all of you.
    I love cosplaying Namor, it took me a while to do him cause I was self-concious and kept putting it off til I felt comfortable enough with my body to do it. After I did my first, I didnt want to stop so that is why I am exclusive with him. I have done his current Avengers black armor look, Invaders Now, the Phoenix Five, and most recently the iconic speedo, and I have many more planned for the future.

Anyway I wanted to share some of them, hope you like them! Also my instagram is @namorcosplay and so is my twitter handle.

Imperius Rex!
    Welcome! And WOW! Love your cosplays! They are on target AND the photography is great. Is that a green screen behind the black suit costume?

And yes! Namor is nothing, if body confident. You got that down and the physical fitness. I am in awe. Especially as I am a such a couch potato. ;p

Can't wait to see what you do next.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So in FF #34 Namor still manages to
    spoilers:
    hit on Sue in the heat of battle.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So in FF #34 Namor still manages to
    spoilers:
    hit on Sue in the heat of battle.
    end of spoilers
    LOL! Never change, Sea Prince.

I can't find the picture, but it reminds me of that scene in Hickman's FF 600, IIRC, where the FF and all the superheroes are getting the before the big battle speech from Reed, I think, about the reasons they should fight, and Namor says, 'I'll do it for love." Everyone turns around and stares at him, and Ben Grimm gives him the "REALLY? Even NOW, Namor?" look. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well if they are doing Mayan Atlanteans then it’s definitely because Marvel wants their version of Atlantis to stand out from DC’s which is more Greek inspired.
    I think at this point, Marvel should be more concerned about Black Adam, than Aquaman. They appropriated several things in the first movie, but other than Momoa's sex appeal, I don't think it Namor will have a problem differentiating from Aquaman. Black Adam, OTOH ...

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hey all!
    Let me introduce myself, I am Namorcosplay, as one would assume I cosplay Namor the Sub-Mariner exclusively. I stumbled upon this forum and it's always exciting meeting other members of Namor Nation! I look forward to meeting all of you.
    I love cosplaying Namor, it took me a while to do him cause I was self-concious and kept putting it off til I felt comfortable enough with my body to do it. After I did my first, I didnt want to stop so that is why I am exclusive with him. I have done his current Avengers black armor look, Invaders Now, the Phoenix Five, and most recently the iconic speedo, and I have many more planned for the future.

Anyway I wanted to share some of them, hope you like them! Also my instagram is @namorcosplay and so is my twitter handle.

Imperius Rex!
    Omg it's great you joined! The thread is great and full of awesome fans. I know we chat in the discord alot but I'm glad to see you weigh in your thoughts here too! Welcome!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

#2/3 Submariner Trilogy pieces complete .

Artist: Esad Ribic
    Medium : water colour , pencil , acrylic
    Size: 14” x 20”

It’s been a while since I’ve posted . Life stuff ( started a family , Covid , etc etc ) so I haven’t been around . I’m very happy to show off this new piece of art . Some of you remember the 1st Villain team up piece Esad did from an older thread . The new painting was done in New Jersey this week at Anthony’s Comicbook Shop. Esad flew in for the week to catch up on back ordered commissions and he delivered a great second piece to me . A classic cover from the silver age and one of my favs in that run ( an hommage to the late John Buscema ) he created a modernized version in his own style . My only direction was that it take place underwater and it be recognizable to the original . He delivered . Hope you guys like it !
    I'm glad you are doing well! I was geeking out over this earlier today, it's gorgeous!!! Congrats on your new family!

*insert my usual complaints about NamorSue and how Marvel writers making Namor hit on a married woman who shows zero interest isn't romantic its pathetic and Namor needs his own solo and love interest again*

I'm sorry to be bitter about this but I would love to never see NamorSue ever again. Like why couldn't this be about Doom vs Namor? Or T'Challa and Namor teaming up? Why waste a whole page with the most redundant writing. Like there is literally nothing new about this.

I love the new version of the classic battle with Tiger Shark.

I was a kid reading those, 12 or so and Tiger Shark was somewhat scary to me with those eyes and teeth.

Wouldn't it have been better if Namor's attentions did shift towards Diane, TS's sister?

I just love the way Buscema drew these women. Dorma, Sue, Diane, others. Beautiful, even if a little interchangable.

But seriously, even as a kid, I thought Namor should get with Diane.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For those that haven’t seen art piece # 1/3 of the Submariner trilogy by Esad Ribic

Holy cow! That is a great painting!

Namor always hitting on Sue....

kinda like Doom always hitting up Namor, in its own way.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    *insert my usual complaints about NamorSue and how Marvel writers making Namor hit on a married woman who shows zero interest isn't romantic its pathetic and Namor needs his own solo and love interest again*

I'm sorry to be bitter about this but I would love to never see NamorSue ever again. Like why couldn't this be about Doom vs Namor? Or T'Challa and Namor teaming up? Why waste a whole page with the most redundant writing. Like there is literally nothing new about this.

I agree. Namor needs his own book and a real love interest, instead of being used as a rival to 'enlive' what a writer considers a boring relationship. However, I think Sue has continued to show interest in Namor and wants him to be interested in her. She needs to quit trading on their relationship. Speaking of, she needs to take a page out of Diane Arliss Newell's book. That said, Namor is always going to flirt.

No way. I've less than zero interest in seeing Namor and T'challa together.

Doom and Namor, OTOH, has been long over due. I'd rather have a mini-series, however. Written by someone with alot of wit and affection for BOTH characters.

It doesn't have Namor on it, but it is underwater and fighting ATTUMA!

An amazing Avengers 20 homage painting by Paolo Rivera that was a variant cover celebrating Marvels 25th Anniversary. It could be yours for $9250!

http://www.splashpageart.com/Gallery...2&ArtistId=123
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-30-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Painted works in general are pricey but covers are exceptionally expensive . This one has a lot of detail for the price

Painted works in general are pricey but covers are exceptionally expensive . This one has a lot of detail for the price
    Oh yes! And Paolo Rivera is worth every dime. If you've ever visited his work blog, you get to see the process behind his paintings. It's amazing! It's just out of my price range. ;p Plus, IF I could buy a Rivera, there's a few Namor pieces he's done that I would love to have. This one especially!