Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788
Results 1,306 to 1,313 of 1313

I have not commented on your cosplay pics but will now. Utterly great.

This one is the best to me. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Shout out to Reviresco..... I hope you had a Merry Christmas holiday wherever you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Same, hope you are doing well Rev!
    Thank you, and the same to you and everyone else. Sorry to disappear, but 2021 decided to give me a few more kicks before leaving. ;p

I've lots to catch up on, plus prepare for next year ... tonite.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    The Invaders have landed!

My favorite Marvel team of all time, so happy that I was able to bring together a group of other talented cosplayers so I could bring The Invaders to life in cosplay form!

I'm so glad you posted this here! I LOVE it! You guys look great, and the setting is super too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I have not commented on your cosplay pics but will now. Utterly great.

This one is the best to me. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
    Happy Holiday to you too, Oberon!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    And I'm going to post the last one ahead of Christmas day because I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow so this concludes the little excerpt from my story. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Chapter 2 Page 65 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 24 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Great pages, Thor-El! Love the guest stars too!

And thank you for saving the Advent Calendar! Glad to see you kept up with it daily.

Hope you had a great Christmas, and will have a safe New Year!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    The Invaders have landed!

My favorite Marvel team of all time, so happy that I was able to bring together a group of other talented cosplayers so I could bring The Invaders to life in cosplay form!

I'm continually astounded but the professional level of work that goes into the cosplay community and love this collaboration so much! Can't wait for a New Year for the Namor Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thank you, and the same to you and everyone else. Sorry to disappear, but 2021 decided to give me a few more kicks before leaving. ;p

I've lots to catch up on, plus prepare for next year ... tonite.
    Glad you are doing well Rev! I will def be seeing you on the new board (btw have I mentioned it does get annoying to constantly move threads after a year? ): but I understand its the board rules.)

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year! With lots of Namor content next year! Imperius Rex!

(art by Maria Laura Sanapo)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I'm continually astounded but the professional level of work that goes into the cosplay community and love this collaboration so much! Can't wait for a New Year for the Namor Nation!
    Both the costuming and the photography are definitely professional level. Amazing work.

Glad you are doing well Rev! I will def be seeing you on the new board (btw have I mentioned it does get annoying to constantly move threads after a year? ): but I understand its the board rules.)

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year! With lots of Namor content next year! Imperius Rex!

(art by Maria Laura Sanapo)

Gorgeous piece by Sanapo!

Yes, it's annoying. But like you say, it's board rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’m stoked that Namor is an Avenger now. Things have definitely picked up a notch for the Avengers future now.
    I'm glad you think so, but I've been seriously disappointed with Aaron's Avengers and his poor portrayal of Namor in particular. Especially given how he had Namor 'join' the Avengers. I've got a feeling that Namor is going to be nothing but the team punching bag, as NO ONE wants him on the team.

I can't even be happy that Namor as an Avenger, again, will give him more exposure, since Aaron insists on trashing the character.

Of course, it doesn't help that Kieron Gillen (who actually loves Namor) is going to be writing the Quiet Council book on the X-side, and I'd love to see Namor on that book.

Since I haven't seen it mention here, Namor does appear on the cover of Avengers #54, releasing next year in March. *sigh* Aaron still has him in his clutches.

This does not make me happy.

I wonder how long this is going to go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Does anyone else wish that Namor be proven to be a non-mutant. His physiology is the result of him being the only human & Atlantean Hybrid. Any powers he has is a result of that and atlantean magic’s. Anyone agree

Well, I guess the question is why do you wish that? I mean, do you just not like Namor as a mutant?

Also, Namor is not the only human and Atlantean hybrid. There's Namora, Namorita, and Llyra ... and maybe Llyron? I feel like I'm leaving someone out.

While his ankle wings are one of his mutations presently, in my headcanon, Namor and the Atlanteans tend to think of them as gift from Neptune, since they so closely resemble the Sandals of Hermes -- so maybe a bit magical.

It's so complicated.

Can't he just be not as well known/considered a mutant?

LOL. And, I will always contend that with the thousands of years there have been underwater dwellers, mixing in and out with each other for various reasons or whatever, that Namor's genes could just as easily contain Inhuman or Deviant stuff too. Which could just as easily explain the hybrid and ankles.

Come on, Namor's abilities didn't really come out in puberty. He always had the ankles.
    LOL! Yes. Namor has always had ankles. hehehehehe

There was that Jeff Parker Agents of Atlas story, which I tend to disregard, alleging that the royals were a product of centuries (?) of a secret eugenics program. Okay, I'll just say I hated that, and it makes zero sense, IMO.

There was also something I recently was reminded of that Hickman added, about underwater Inhumans. I'll have to find the post.

Deviants, OTOH, I draw the line on.

Namor being a mutant has no bearing on his character at all, he considers himself an Atlantean first and foremost, then he considers himself anything else. I like that Namor is an x-gene mutant, he would be one anyways as a Atlantean/Human hybrid and we already know Atlantean mutations exist. Imo it doesn't affect his character unless he is being written with the x-men but he spent decades as a mutant before ever joining the team. Also not to forget he was the first mentioned/known mutant in all of the silver age because of Fantastic Four Annual #1 which again is before the x-men.
    Hmmmm. Yes, to a point. He's always going to feel like an outsider, first. Though, this reminds me of that Fraction story about the Hellfire Club trying to get him to join because he's a mutant. And he said something like, he might as well be asked to join the Eyebrow Club, because he has those also. LOL!

Atlanteans definitely have mutations of course.

The thing I feel about others trying to claim Namor is that it happens anyways, humans/americans want to claim him when he fights on their side for the war, atlanteans claim him bc he is their king, mutants claim him when they want to have them on their side, villains claim him to be on their side, heroes claim him too, everyone wants Namor at one point or another but Namor will do as he pleases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Namor is wanted. It is a good thing to be wanted!
    <inserts obligatory Sue joke>

actually I got nothing.
    LOL!

I'm with Phoenixx9 on this.