Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    October solicits are out, and it looks like the only new Namor is by ... Aaron. sigh.

*rolls eyes* Hasn't he done enough character butchering?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Random question: How would you feel if Namor were start using the Trident of Neptune more often and to it's full potential, which is basically a mystical weapon more akin to Mjolnir? Do people enjoy Namor more as a bruiser just using his fists? The trident is able to manipulate water, alter or control storms, has energy or laser abilities and has varying abilities no yet described or known.

Considering mosts artists don't even draw the correct trident, I don't see this happening anytime soon. At the very least the trident should be seen as a more important symbol of Atlantean Royal/Imperial power, the status of the King etc.
    I love the Trident, I'm not a fan of the energy blasts but I can see why creators want to use an offensive attack. I really love the idea of it being used to control the oceans, sea creatures, etc.

The issue I feel is that Namor personally doesn't need trident to get stuff done and outside of quest for the trident there isn't to my knowledge any major plots about the trident that lasts for several issues.

I do want to see Namor use it more, and I would like the Buscema trident back. It's iconic and unique. Focusing on the trident would be a great chance to do some world building and also connect more to Neptune etc.

Does Namor need a trident? No. Namor is
    character that isn't defined by what relics he has.

Would it be cool to see writers and artists take more care of what his trident looked like and write stories about him using it? Yes.

My own personal headcanon of Neptune's Trident is that it's actually a prison key and it can unlock a gate to terrifying creatures that Neptune locked away many years ago. Being ruler of the seas is also being a guardian against their escape and ensuring they stay locked away and aren't free to destroy the world. This is a main plot for my Namor fan comic where Namor discovers more secrets about the trident.

That's another super power of the Sacred Armor ... it follows fashion trends. If it were to appear now, it wouldn't have that dated 90s spikes stuff. ;p

I thought there could be a story behind the skulls. Like they are the captured souls of enemies and help power the armor.
    Trapped souls isn't exactly heroic or noble, seems more like the Sacred Armor of Pluto. Which would also be cool.

I did try to redesign the armor myself last year, maybe I'll post it here some time.
    Last edited by Doombot; 07-23-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Trapped souls isn't exactly heroic or noble, seems more like the Sacred Armor of Pluto. Which would also be cool.

I did try to redesign the armor myself last year, maybe I'll post it here some time.
    YES! I'd love to see it!

Nope, not heroic, but that may be why the Atlantean rulers / Neptune doesn't use it often. Of course, it could be heroic, but horrifying, if they were Atlanteans that sacrificed themselves. O_O
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    *rolls eyes* Hasn't he done enough character butchering?
    Never fear! We've got Slott helping him out! The preview for Fantastic Four 34.

At least we get a pretty background shot from Mark Brooks.

Rest of the preview here:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/23/ma...astic-four-34/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2021 at 10:54 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It just occurred to me, why is Namor still referred to as "Prince" when he's already a monarch? Or did I miss something?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ah the irrepressible Sean Izaakse.

https://twitter.com/SeanIzaakse/stat...51883021455362

For your peepers this Saturday evening - That time in Fantastic Four Life Story issue 2 that I got to draw Namors ass.

Colours by the talented @nwoodard

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ah the irrepressible Sean Izaakse.

https://twitter.com/SeanIzaakse/stat...51883021455362

For your peepers this Saturday evening - That time in Fantastic Four Life Story issue 2 that I got to draw Namors ass.

That is great! I think Sean Izaakse appreciates Namor's ... assets. (running away)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It just occurred to me, why is Namor still referred to as "Prince" when he's already a monarch? Or did I miss something?
    You can be a monarch and be a prince -- if you are ruling a principality. Doom doesn't even have a title, and he refers to himself as a monarch. TBH, the exact title for the ruler of Atlantis doesn't seem to be settled. Namor's grandfather was Emperor. The first ruler was King Kamuu. That said, they gave an explanation in the 68 run on a letter page which explained that Neptune is the King of Atlantis, and the mortal rulers are his Princes, ruling for him while he is absent. That's my favorite reason.

I'm actually glad to see a writer refer to him as Prince Namor. King Namor has never looked right to me.

As I hoped, Marvel put out a Poster Book of Alex Ross' Timeless Variants. So, you get nice big posters of all the art PLUS a big pull out poster of the composite mural he made. Even better, the posters aren't head shots, but the full body images he painted! Here's the one for Namor.

Amazon has the book for less than $20!

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Ross-Mar...93630466&psc=1

Are they folded? Nice big posters, what's big? 11x14 of something?

Are they folded? Nice big posters, what's big? 11x14 of something?
    About that. 11 x 16 inches. So, the individual character pages aren't folded. The mural, however, probably is folded.

Last edited by Reviresco; 07-25-2021 at 11:04 PM.

This is a weird tidbit, but something I consider a more credible source.

Doctor Strange 2 May Include MCU's First Reference to Namor

It sounds like a very short cameo, but it reminds me ... the Serpent Crown would be a GREAT subject for a Namor movie. And NO, not one where he's 'killed off' in the first scene, like in Atlantis Attacks.

Just curious, but why do you think this source is more credible than others?

** sounds good, for sure **. I also believe that the concept of Atlantis will be shown in Eternals,

world-building for the MCU it may be.
    A quote from Olsen about Dr. Strange 2, says it is a real "Horror" story and some aspects of Atlantis, undersea, mystic stuff could bring the horror.
    Last edited by Oberon; 07-27-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Water tank scene spotted on the set of BP2
    https://twitter.com/bpanthernews/sta...862852097?s=19

This is a weird tidbit, but something I consider a more credible source.

Doctor Strange 2 May Include MCU's First Reference to Namor

It sounds like a very short cameo, but it reminds me ... the Serpent Crown would be a GREAT subject for a Namor movie. And NO, not one where he's 'killed off' in the first scene, like in Atlantis Attacks.
    Hello Everyone!

I would love a Serpent Crown in the movie! Maybe semi-involved, hidden, mysterious in Namor #1 movie, to be fully shown and main premise for Namor #2 movie?!?

Maybe Namor being mentioned in Dr Strange #2 as a beginning to form...The Defenders? Could it be? Maybe by 2030, lol?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!