Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The fact that the Tenoch as Namor rumors have cropped up again and that Marvel might have put a twitter account in reserve and I am freaking out over the thought of Namor in a Black Panther movie and praying they don't turn him into a villain and also hating X-Men Hellfire Gala Namor introduction as well has hating the "Atlantean Avengers"... nothing much.

Hope everyone's been well though!!!
    For real though, I followed this the other week and keep checking it for any news. The Fantastic Four movie had a blank twitter account before the Marvel reveal that they would be making a Fantastic Four movie.

Good to see you too, IW! Didn't know about that twitter account -- does Marvel do that for all the characters? Not sure if it's real or if it's someone grabbing the account name for resale purposes. Like I said, I hope it's for his own movie, and NOT for BP, cause yes, they will turn him into a villain and abuse the character.

LOL! A whole lot of hating for the current Namor appearances. ;p I haven't picked up the Hellfire appearance, but I heard there's even a panel with the Illuminati??? WTF?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-11-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I am curious as to what you think the thoughts expressed and previous Easter Eggs referencing Atlantis mean then, if not about Namor?

Where do you think it will happen?

This is not, it would be great if they did such and such.

For example since I'm horribly prone to believe such spoilers, will Eternals reference Atlantis, in your opinion, or how do you see it coming to be?

Who thinks Namor is getting his own movie, or coming to the MCU in some other manner?

Are your ideas just as possible as the spoiler ones?

sincerely, Oberon

Ah, Oberon, I seriously doubt my ideas are possible at all, since they revolve around the producers / creators actually loving the character and treating him like the A-List character he used to be. So, of course, I would LOVE for Namor to get his own movie, or DisneyPlus show.

Will he actually come into the MCU ... I don't know. I get the feeling that Feige has zero interest in the character and there's the Momoa Aquaman comparisons. There were some great places to introduce Namor, especially the first Cap movie and the Agent Carter show. But they didn't and they've basically trashed the concept of Namor as a Golden Age character, the first superhero, with ties to everything in the Marvel Universe. Of course, they've done the same with the FF. So, at this point, I'm holding out hope for the Multiverse or the Quantumverse as a way to get the FF and Namor into the MCU with relatively intact histories. Will that happen? No idea.

I think the only confirmed Easter egg for Atlantis was the newspaper article on Whiplash's bulletin board in Iron Man. That was when they were first starting out, so I'm not surprised they tossed out a lot of stuff for fun. And of course, if they are talking Atlantis in the MCU, it better reference Namor.

Oh, and there was an Illuminati Easter Egg in Iron Man, on his phone, but that doesn't necessarily mean Namor. The MU constantly forgets the oceans and their ruler in most Events, so I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU did also.

I'd like to think pre-Catacylsmic Atlantis will get referenced in the Eternals, if they do any sort of flashback. But I could see them just replacing Atlantis with Lemuria -- which has already gotten a nod in the MCU, with the ship Lemurian Star -- because it is the home of the Deviants.

The reason why I tend to disregard these 'articles' about Namor in the MCU is that are mostly appearing on clickbait sites. They are mostly made up, wishful thinking, people passing themselves off as an MCU insider, or wild conjecture 'based' off a snippet of questionable information. I've been following the movie "news" for Namor closely for almost 15 years, and most of these 'articles' have just proven false. There were articles a few years back insisting a Namor movie was coming, because it had been 'reported' that beach locations in Hawaii were being scouted by Marvel, and something about using a movie set water tank. That turned out to be a few scenes with Triton in the Inhumans show, IIRC.

There's a lot of wild speculation on BP 2 on the clickbait sites, given the tragic loss of Chadwick Boseman, and because of Hickman, Namor has been demoted to one of BP's top villains. That's a horrible role for Namor for many reasons, which is why I do NOT want him to appear in a BP movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Good to see you too, IW! Didn't know about that twitter account -- does Marvel do that for all the characters? Not sure if it's real or if it's someone grabbing the account name for resale purposes. Like I said, I hope it's for his own movie, and NOT for BP, cause yes, they will turn him into a villain and abuse the character.

LOL! A whole lot of hating for the current Namor appearances. ;p I haven't picked up the Hellfire appearance, but I heard there's even a panel with the Illuminati??? WTF?
    Hey Rev! Yes, Marvel does it for bigger heroes/movies/characters, like I don't think the Marvel TVShows get their own accounts? but maybe they do and I just dont follow them. But I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times, it's usually the first indicator that the character will be revealed soon, I've seen it done for Shang-Chi and the Fantastic Four movie. Then usually 6 months or so later there is an announcement of the reveal. They also get verified around that point too.

I'm so worried about them turning Namor into a villain for the black panther franchise but I was thinking and maybe? they will do the Kiber Island Incident? where some rogue atlanteans and wakandians were double dealing and backstabbing their countries? It would mean Namor was not involved and innocent of being a villain. It's the only thing that makes sense in my head because it would make no sense to do AvX without even setting up the xmen.

I just hate the way they write Namor, they make him look buffoonish, and making say things like "i will rule the world and everyone will love me and grovel at my feet" and imo that seems like a very dated look at the character, these days Namor often wants to be left alone. but its my own personal gripes. lol. And yes he did ditch the xmen to go hang out with the Illuminate!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

final part:

also i did not like the art/tone they chose for this, would it hurt to have Namor looking more handsome? lol

And they dont even give him an outfit!!!!! I'm very glad I commissioned those Namor fashion pieces XD

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm just gonna wait til the Gala drops on Unlimited in three months time, but for now thanks IW for those pages! To each his/her own, but I just love how Namor put Charles and Erik in their place. And that impromptu former Illuminati reunion, pointedly leaving out fellow ex-Illuminati Charles? Priceless.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm just gonna wait til the Gala drops on Unlimited in three months time, but for now thanks IW for those pages! To each his/her own, but I just love how Namor put Charles and Erik in their place. And that impromptu former Illuminati reunion, pointedly leaving out fellow ex-Illuminati Charles? Priceless.
    You're welcome! And I love that part, but I am just tired of the rest of the characterization they chose to go with, the mad/angry/crazy sea king who doesn't help or compromise is so overdone lately and I really wanted to see Namor stating that him not joining is due to his own loyalties to the Atlanteans. Charles is like: come and join your own people, but Namor has been with his people all along. He is a mutant but that isn't all he is.

I just keep thinking that: Namor is always on his own side, he may help some surface people he likes/feels he needs to help, but in the end he will do what's best for his own interests/people.

I'm not sure how I feel about those panels. While I'm always up for Namor rejecting the X-men in whatever form they may be in at the time, I'm not sure about the weird world domination fetish. Namor has never seemed to be one to dream dreams of world power or a need to be admired.

Also, am I missing something with the cheese bit? No idea if that was a joke or a reference to something.

Hey Rev! Yes, Marvel does it for bigger heroes/movies/characters, like I don't think the Marvel TVShows get their own accounts? but maybe they do and I just dont follow them. But I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times, it's usually the first indicator that the character will be revealed soon, I've seen it done for Shang-Chi and the Fantastic Four movie. Then usually 6 months or so later there is an announcement of the reveal. They also get verified around that point too.

I'm so worried about them turning Namor into a villain for the black panther franchise but I was thinking and maybe? they will do the Kiber Island Incident? where some rogue atlanteans and wakandians were double dealing and backstabbing their countries? It would mean Namor was not involved and innocent of being a villain. It's the only thing that makes sense in my head because it would make no sense to do AvX without even setting up the xmen.
    Exactly. No X-Men. They'd just portray Namor, not Phoenix possessed Namor, dropping a wave on Wakanda, which would make him an outright BP villain. Absolutely NOT what I want to see.

What I remember of Kiber Island incident wasn't exactly great, but if Namor was kept out of it, I'd feel better.

Didn't know that about the Twitter accounts. I'll have to keep an eye out on the account then.

I just hate the way they write Namor, they make him look buffoonish, and making say things like "i will rule the world and everyone will love me and grovel at my feet" and imo that seems like a very dated look at the character, these days Namor often wants to be left alone. but its my own personal gripes. lol. And yes he did ditch the xmen to go hang out with the Illuminate!

also i did not like the art/tone they chose for this, would it hurt to have Namor looking more handsome? lol

And they dont even give him an outfit!!!!! I'm very glad I commissioned those Namor fashion pieces XD

Thank you for those pages!! Yes, Dragotta went a bit ... overboard with those eyebrows. LOL! To be honest, his work looks a bit rushed. I wonder if he didn't get called in at the last minute? I'd have LOVE to see Dauterman do these pages.

As for Namor wanting to rule the world ... well, that's partly from Bendis' take on Namor in the original Illuminati. Plus when he was much younger, it was a dream of Namor's. Nowadays, it's more of self preservation thing, i.e. Defenders of the Deep. With all the pollution and climate warming, Namor's oceans, and the Atlanteans, are in real danger. And this was one of my love / hate things with Hickman's Namor. He writes him this way. Outrageous and over the top.

I just can't believe Hickman used the Illuminati again. And with Cap and T'challa there! Of course, none of this seems to take into account the stuff Aaron is writing. Which is probably a good thing. LOL! But then again, we aren't getting any acknowledgement of Zdarsky's Invaders. Or for that matter, how the mutants just dumped Namor and the Atlanteans post AvX. Not to mention, zero mention of Loa's time as an Atlantean, either from Namor or Loa. So very frustrating.

You're welcome! And I love that part, but I am just tired of the rest of the characterization they chose to go with, the mad/angry/crazy sea king who doesn't help or compromise is so overdone lately and I really wanted to see Namor stating that him not joining is due to his own loyalties to the Atlanteans. Charles is like: come and join your own people, but Namor has been with his people all along. He is a mutant but that isn't all he is.

I just keep thinking that: Namor is always on his own side, he may help some surface people he likes/feels he needs to help, but in the end he will do what's best for his own interests/people.

We are never going to get a nuanced, in depth characterization of Namor until we get his own book.

Exactly! Not only did Namor cut them to the quick, but then he brushed them off to talk to the Illuminati! It was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about those panels. While I'm always up for Namor rejecting the X-men in whatever form they may be in at the time, I'm not sure about the weird world domination fetish. Namor has never seemed to be one to dream dreams of world power or a need to be admired.

Also, am I missing something with the cheese bit? No idea if that was a joke or a reference to something.
    I immediately thought of the line, "Did you want some cheese to go with that whine." Though it could also just be the absurdity of offering someone who intended to get drunk some cheese.

I don't know. I think Namor likes being appreciated. He is a little vain. ;p And again, world domination was something from his youthful days. I think nowadays Namor realizes it is just too much work.

I like Namor best when he fights with words.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Thank you for those pages!! Yes, Dragotta went a bit ... overboard with those eyebrows. LOL! To be honest, his work looks a bit rushed. I wonder if he didn't get called in at the last minute? I'd have LOVE to see Dauterman do these pages.
    This is the only other time I've seen Dragotta do Namor. It's from FF #588, 10 years ago, at Johnny's wake. Even under such tragic circumstances he still can't take his eyes off Sue.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No one will ever understand.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This is the only other time I've seen Dragotta do Namor. It's from FF #588, 10 years ago, at Johnny's wake. Even under such tragic circumstances he still can't take his eyes off Sue.
    Wow. Dragotta still draws him so DRAMATIC. Of course his style has evolved since then.

And of course he's concerned about Sue. He understands she is going through hell. I do love that triangle of stares. Namor staring at Sue, who is staring at Reed, who is making small talk with Cyke and Emma.

No one will ever understand.
    You are loving that page, aren't you?

I like Namor best when he fights with words.
    Well, Namor was pretty awesome with the words in the Illuminati. He was constantly popping those guys' bubbles.

Wow. Dragotta still draws him so DRAMATIC. Of course his style has evolved since then.

And of course he's concerned about Sue. He understands she is going through hell. I do love that triangle of stares. Namor staring at Sue, who is staring at Reed, who is making small talk with Cyke and Emma.
    I know, right?! But don't forget Ben giving the glare to Namor!