Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Yes, I started it a few years ago.
    Wooooo!
    I just started following you.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wooooo!
    I just started following you.
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy the blog
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Re: the Steve question ... it's complicated, and changed quite a bit over the decades. Remember, they barely interacted in the Golden Age, until Roy Thomas retconned the Invaders. I agree with much of what Doombot said. And with the usual caveat, that we don't get to see a lot of stuff from Namor's PoV, because we don't have a Namor book. I'll try to post something more coherent tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    I think this picture sums up how feel about Steve Rogers and most of the surface world in relation to the ruler of most of planet earthÂ…

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but I seem to remember Cap helping Namor regain the throne in Marvel Team-Up, Vol.2 #9 (1998):

Both of these make me go OUCH!

Gee, Steve, you could have mentioned friendship there somewhere. At least Namor wasn't in his right mind when he tried to rip your arm off. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, that unfinished panel make me cringe. Almost worse that ripping it off is the damage to the elbow joint he's inflicting. Is this an AU story? Somehow I can't believe Namor would be that sadistic

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Curious, any movement on Marvel getting Namor back from Universal? Or is he never showing up in the MCU? Also got to see some awesome art of our boy at the Marvel Exhibit in Chicago. Though there wasn't enough of him or the early golden age group.

I bought three pages from Namor Annual 1 the art was done by Max Fiumara and all his pages are done like this then I believe they are digitally inked after being scanned . They look pretty cool in sequence some great action .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Curious, any movement on Marvel getting Namor back from Universal? Or is he never showing up in the MCU? Also got to see some awesome art of our boy at the Marvel Exhibit in Chicago. Though there wasn't enough of him or the early golden age group.
    Is that exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is that exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum?
    Yes, and it's only there till September. They have some original art of Namor and have the original art of his first comic. There's some neat things too with some of the Golden age heroes.

I bought three pages from Namor Annual 1 the art was done by Max Fiumara and all his pages are done like this then I believe they are digitally inked after being scanned . They look pretty cool in sequence some great action .

OMG. Max Fiumara has one of the most wickedly cool character designs for Namor! Wow this is awesome! I was always so sad we only ever got one comic with this artist because I just adore his Namor. Great addition to your collection. Here were some sketches he did!

It is an interesting an alien like look for Namor.

So it calls into question exactly what various blondes or others see in that face, just saying not a classic handsome face, to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Re: Namor vs Hulk sketch

This def looks like his line style and he’s worked on both these characters before , if it were my money I couldn’t buy this unless signed .

Re: Namor vs Hulk sketch

This def looks like his line style and he’s worked on both these characters before , if it were my money I couldn’t buy this unless signed .

I'm not seeing the image. Was it something posted previously?

I agree. And even with the signature, you have to be careful on eBay, especially with convention sketches. There are some unscrupulous people who trace drawings and signatures.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Great sequence of pages! Congrats!

I'm not sure about the entire annual but the late Norman Lee inked pages. I bought a couple from him at a con. His con banner featured the Invaders, so, of course, I had to chat with him. So sad that he tragically went missing while snorkeling.

Small Namor cameo in The Marvels #4

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Small Namor cameo in The Marvels #4

Eco-Warrior Namor is always a welcome sight.

But it is sad that we are reduced to a single cameo panel for Namor appearances. : (

I did pick up the FCBD Avengers and indeed the 'Namor' appearance there was an alternate universe where Atlantis never sank and the world was in a golden age, led by Atlantis. Which is kind of weird that there would be water breathing Atlanteans forming the Atlantean Avengers??? Of course, I'm not sure why I expect logic in an Aaron Avengers. Of course, there's just that splash page, and nothing else shown. It's destroyed off panel.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-atlanti...el-multiverse/