Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Preview of KiB: Namor is here!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Preview of KiB: Namor cover #5 by Leinil Francis Yu

Just noticed that. Totally.

As far as the Tarot crossover, I guess I enjoyed it because it spilled over a little with the Ff and there was no pandering of any sort.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Will anyone else be picking up The Marvels series by Kurt Busiek? It's already on my list and I hope we get some more awesome Namor moments. I loved the way Namor was portrayed in the original Marvels series. He was mysterious and powerful and majestic!
    Namor will make at least a brief appearance in THE MARVELS, in the first arc.

After that, it's wide open, so you never know.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

while I guess keeping Namor "in view" through his role in X comics was nice, I really think he doesn't belong there.

Don't even ask me about White Queen. Even the Invisible Woman would see right through her . . . .
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Namor will make at least a brief appearance in THE MARVELS, in the first arc.

After that, it's wide open, so you never know.

kdb
    I can't wait! I had always wished the MARVELS series went on for longer so I'm really happy to see you getting a chance to take the story further. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    while I guess keeping Namor "in view" through his role in X comics was nice, I really think he doesn't belong there.

Don't even ask me about White Queen. Even the Invisible Woman would see right through her . . . .
    Namor doesn't really belong any where but he definitely fits onto certain teams better than others, and the great thing about his character is how interconnected he can be. You already know my views of X-Men Namor, while it's nice to see him acknowledged as a powerful mutant and king in his own right, he might just get swept up into the background of any x series. However my theories are just speculations based on Hickman's history of using Namor for some major stuff.

"Now piss off, mutants." Whaaaat. Who is this?

It's cool to see a trident with powers, but it's still not the right trident.

is there any surviving kin from Namor's father's side of the family... distant relatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there any surviving kin from Namor's father's side of the family... distant relatives?
    None that we are aware of, Namor's last family member on his father's side were Leon McKenzie and Llyron, both have not been seen since the 90s, I think Llyron showed up for one comic after that, but in either case I dislike the whole "Leonard Mckenzie remarried after Fen and had another son who was Namor's half brother" plot because I feel it's a retcon just to be able to justify the entire "Namor is sterile but then how did Llyron happen and Llyron goes on to be ruler of Atlantis despite not having any royal Atlantean blood since his mother was Llyra and his father was Leon (Namor's nephew) plot".

I basically reject that plot because it makes no sense for a culture that revolves around the royal family being descended from Neptune, to accept a non royal blood/married to royal blood ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    "Now piss off, mutants." Whaaaat. Who is this?

It's cool to see a trident with powers, but it's still not the right trident.
    They never have the right trident ):

This characterization is still better than whatever the heck Aaron is doing in Avengers.

If anyone is interested we are doing another Namor Week this year! For more info and if you like to join in, here is a link

None that we are aware of, Namor's last family member on his father's side were Leon McKenzie and Llyron, both have not been seen since the 90s, I think Llyron showed up for one comic after that, but in either case I dislike the whole "Leonard Mckenzie remarried after Fen and had another son who was Namor's half brother" plot because I feel it's a retcon just to be able to justify the entire "Namor is sterile but then how did Llyron happen and Llyron goes on to be ruler of Atlantis despite not having any royal Atlantean blood since his mother was Llyra and his father was Leon (Namor's nephew) plot".

I basically reject that plot because it makes no sense for a culture that revolves around the royal family being descended from Neptune, to accept a non royal blood/married to royal blood ruler.
    I don't even remember Leonard's backstory. Most Americans, many folks everywhere had lots of children, so wouldn't he possibly have brothers, sisters, cousins, etc, who have descendants who are half-related to Namor. But I don't remember them ever going this way, though I think it is more than likely.
    Even if Leonard never ever fathered other children (murky here; was he killed long ago ? didn't Namor find him as an old guy?) would he/they remember each other etc.

So there are actual possiblities, that I, a 'soap' oriented person can see.

I think Namor belongs in the oceans, but being half human should not be unexplored either.
    ~ Oberon ~

I can't wait! I had always wished the MARVELS series went on for longer so I'm really happy to see you getting a chance to take the story further. Thanks!
    This isn't a continuation of MARVELS -- although we did do a sequel, MARVELS: EYE OF THE CAMERA.

This is its own thing, exploring the Marvel Universe in a different way.

But there's at least one connection to MARVELS that I just plotted in...
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't even remember Leonard's backstory. Most Americans, many folks everywhere had lots of children, so wouldn't he possibly have brothers, sisters, cousins, etc, who have descendants who are half-related to Namor. But I don't remember them ever going this way, though I think it is more than likely.
    Even if Leonard never ever fathered other children (murky here; was he killed long ago ? didn't Namor find him as an old guy?) would he/they remember each other etc.

So there are actual possiblities, that I, a 'soap' oriented person can see.

I think Namor belongs in the oceans, but being half human should not be unexplored either.
    Leonard was killed by Tiger Shark who was working with Llyra during The Sub-Mariner (1968) #46 whom he just met in the previous issue, the total amount of time spent with his father was less than a few hours at most and Namor was unconscious for part of it. The main backstory we get from Leo is that he did try to find Fen and Atlantis again for years after but when investors took a chance and funded another southern trip, he unknowingly ran into Namor, and the divers Namor killed in MMC #1 were of his crew. Since then he was blamed for what occurred and no one would fund him, he lost all his money already before the last trip. Which to me is why Leo getting remarried and having another son in the 90s retcon makes no sense if he was so hung up on finding his lost true love he risked everything and was bankrupted. (The Sub-Mariner #44) I just generally disliked the entire Llyra and Llyron arc.

I would think the McKenzie's would have had more than one son and there would have been cousins etc. however no one seems interested in telling that side of Namor's family and it makes sense more people focus on Atlantis since Namor has much stronger ties to his mother's side than his father's side. Yet even then we barely get any backstory of Atlantis, the most memorable are: Fen, Tha-korr, Thallos, the cousins like Byrrah, seth, dorma. heck we dont even know who dorma's family and parents are or anything! Until KiB: Namor we didn't know anything about Attuma either.