Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Also in other news, if you are following along with Prince Ove and his mother Amora in Captain Marvel then we now know that Namor was spoilers:
    killed by his own son, Ove.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, this turned out like I thought it would with Ove. I knew his version of the story was extremely suspect. I enjoyed the Enchantress' version of events much better, though I'm not entirely sure hers exactly truthful either. But it definitely proposed an interesting relationship. I kind of wonder why the AU version of Namor and Emma didn't hook up. I loved her remark to Ove.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

It seems Avengers 42 is coming out next week. I knew this was going to be bad, but now it appears Aaron is choosing Namor as his PoV character. Also, it appears Namor is going to get trashed by ECHO, UNDERWATER. Brace yourselves.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/29/ma...w-avengers-42/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Can't wait to not buy that.

I don't even get the meaning of this supposed memory of his. Namor, as a child, pulled a prison cliche of attacking the biggest, baddest guy (the shark) to ensure he himself is seen as the biggest, baddest guy, so to be never attacked again? So Namor is petty, insecure, and afraid? Is this what we're supposed to get from this memory?
    Last edited by Doombot; 01-29-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

I don't even get the meaning of this supposed memory of his. Namor, as a child, pulled a prison cliche of attacking the biggest, baddest guy (the shark) to ensure he himself is seen as the biggest, baddest guy, so to be never attacked again? So Namor is petty, insecure, and afraid? Is this what we're supposed to get from this memory?
    LOL! "NOT buy that." heheheheh

It just shows that Aaron (or his editors) doesn't know even the basics about Namor. Like, his mother would NEVER threaten to make Namor go live with his dad, because his father was DEAD. As far as Fen, or anyone knew, Leonard MacKenzie was killed by Atlanteans when they boarded his ship and made off with Fen, BEFORE Namor was ever born. Also, we've seen Namor cry plenty of times. He's an emotional guy.

Fen is also off. She rarely got angry with Namor and trashed him.

Is that what Aaron is trying to convey? I mean, WHERE does that come from? Namor never has had to prove he was the "strongest" guy underwater, cause he always WAS the strongest. It's part of what made him an outsider from his people. If anything, his Mom had to do the Superman thing and teach him NOT to use his strength against normal Atlanteans. He also had a general royal 'protection,' i.e. it was treason to attack the prince. Of course, all that was countered by court intrigues like Byrrah and exterior enemies like Attuma and the air breathers.

And Namor randomly killing / torturing animals. The man who we've most often seen expressing pure joy when with animals? And again, WHY? Even in this "memory" it doesn't quite makes sense. Maybe it is revealed in later pages, but I'm not hopeful.

And then there's the fight. If Namor gets his hands on most of his foes, the fight should be over. He could crush Echo's neck like a dry stick. He's in his element, he can literally swim circles around her or anyone. He's FASTER than most everyone. He's the only one of these guys who has experience using the Phoenix Force -- WHY is this even a fist fight?

This is going to be a painful read.

Yeah, I am left scratching my head.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, this turned out like I thought it would with Ove. I knew his version of the story was extremely suspect. I enjoyed the Enchantress' version of events much better, though I'm not entirely sure hers exactly truthful either. But it definitely proposed an interesting relationship. I kind of wonder why the AU version of Namor and Emma didn't hook up. I loved her remark to Ove.
    I wish they had some EmmaNamor but since I didn't read the rest of the series to know what Emma went through at the end of the world I'm just going to guess Namor didn't know she was alive or something.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It seems Avengers 42 is coming out next week. I knew this was going to be bad, but now it appears Aaron is choosing Namor as his PoV character. Also, it appears Namor is going to get trashed by ECHO, UNDERWATER. Brace yourselves.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/29/ma...w-avengers-42/
    If I could roll my eyes any harder they would fall out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

Not just this but in the recent issue he had other characters saying Namor was afraid and desperate, which is just ??? the characterization is so off and it gave me such whiplash to see this after all the amazing well written stuff we've gotten so far in King in Black: Namor

LOL! "NOT buy that." heheheheh

It just shows that Aaron (or his editors) doesn't know even the basics about Namor. Like, his mother would NEVER threaten to make Namor go live with his dad, because his father was DEAD. As far as Fen, or anyone knew, Leonard MacKenzie was killed by Atlanteans when they boarded his ship and made off with Fen, BEFORE Namor was ever born. Also, we've seen Namor cry plenty of times. He's an emotional guy.

Fen is also off. She rarely got angry with Namor and trashed him.

Is that what Aaron is trying to convey? I mean, WHERE does that come from? Namor never has had to prove he was the "strongest" guy underwater, cause he always WAS the strongest. It's part of what made him an outsider from his people. If anything, his Mom had to do the Superman thing and teach him NOT to use his strength against normal Atlanteans. He also had a general royal 'protection,' i.e. it was treason to attack the prince. Of course, all that was countered by court intrigues like Byrrah and exterior enemies like Attuma and the air breathers.

And Namor randomly killing / torturing animals. The man who we've most often seen expressing pure joy when with animals? And again, WHY? Even in this "memory" it doesn't quite makes sense. Maybe it is revealed in later pages, but I'm not hopeful.

And then there's the fight. If Namor gets his hands on most of his foes, the fight should be over. He could crush Echo's neck like a dry stick. He's in his element, he can literally swim circles around her or anyone. He's FASTER than most everyone. He's the only one of these guys who has experience using the Phoenix Force -- WHY is this even a fist fight?

This is going to be a painful read.
    I've often said Namor likes animals better than people! I even posted some instances in my twitter thread about it. And I feel like there is a few more that I can't recall at this point, but basically Namor would never have done that. It's just terrible writing.

Marvel Adventures Hulk (2007) #6
    "Though it pained me to fight the creatures of the sea"

The man who we've most often seen expressing pure joy when with animals?
    I've often said Namor likes animals better than people!

Marvel Adventures Hulk (2007) #6
    "Though it pained me to fight the creatures of the sea"
    QFT! Totally reminds me of "Dying in Paradise" from Jim Lee & Don McGregor (Marvel Comics Presents #33):

I wish they had some EmmaNamor but since I didn't read the rest of the series to know what Emma went through at the end of the world I'm just going to guess Namor didn't know she was alive or something.
    Me too! The biggest plus for Namor showing up in on the X-books again, is to see Namor and Emma together again. They would definitely be THE mutant power couple.

I just think the writer didn't want to write Namor and Emma together for "reasons." I mean, really? Emma appreciates the creatures comfort of civilization, which clearly wasn't viable on the surface.

If I could roll my eyes any harder they would fall out of my head.
    LOL! Yep. That's a similar reaction here.

Poor Thor-El. It appears that besides Namor, Aaron has Thor in his sights with a MAJOR retcon to the Asgardian.

Not just this but in the recent issue he had other characters saying Namor was afraid and desperate, which is just ??? the characterization is so off and it gave me such whiplash to see this after all the amazing well written stuff we've gotten so far in King in Black: Namor
    Sad. But it has been like that from the beginning of his run, with Namor almost killing Stingray and embracing Tigershark. WTF? It's just gotten worse and worse.

I've often said Namor likes animals better than people! I even posted some instances in my twitter thread about it. And I feel like there is a few more that I can't recall at this point, but basically Namor would never have done that. It's just terrible writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]QFT! Totally reminds me of "Dying in Paradise" from Jim Lee & Don McGregor (Marvel Comics Presents #33):

Exactly. I love that wordless Jim Lee art with the flamingo baby! Those are both great examples, as well as your twitter thread, IW. I was thinking of this image from one of the early Silver Age stories.

And here's another one.

This one is about the real life dolphin slaughter in Japan that was the subject of a documentary called the Cove.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiji_dolphin_drive_hunt

Me too! The biggest plus for Namor showing up in on the X-books again, is to see Namor and Emma together again. They would definitely be THE mutant power couple.

I just think the writer didn't want to write Namor and Emma together for "reasons." I mean, really? Emma appreciates the creatures comfort of civilization, which clearly wasn't viable on the surface.
    Ugh. Guess what? I think I feel about Emma and Namor, the way you do about Namor and you-know-who?
    I mean I only think of her as really not very nice person at all.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ugh. Guess what? I think I feel about Emma and Namor, the way you do about Namor and you-know-who?
    I mean I only think of her as really not very nice person at all.
    LOL! Well, that's fine. We've always been diverse in our views of our Prince in this thread.

Well, no. Emma isn't exactly _nice_. But she's a lot of fun to read, especially with Namor. AND, she's not locked up in a marriage, and therefore regulating Namor to the role of third wheel.

How cool is this? They actually have a Timely tribute on Marvel SuperHero Island at Universal!

https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia/sta...453489664?s=20

How cool is this? They actually have a Timely tribute on Marvel SuperHero Island at Universal!

https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia/sta...453489664?s=20
    awesome! ( but I wish they had used a normal shaped head for namor o.O )

A fan made this edit and I love how Namor was included since he is the First Mutant (there is more mutants in the link!)