Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    awesome! ( but I wish they had used a normal shaped head for namor o.O )
    Really? I think it is appropriate for Timely era.

A fan made this edit and I love how Namor was included since he is the First Mutant (there is more mutants in the link!)

Wow! That's an amazing amount of work. They actually used the first appearance covers too! And I also love that they included Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I really enjoy the action figure photo stories, but here's a cover recreation!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKv616gL3dS/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I really enjoy the action figure photo stories, but here's a cover recreation!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKv616gL3dS/
    Hahaha, these are good.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

A fan made this edit and I love how Namor was included since he is the First Mutant (there is more mutants in the link!)

I just don't like the X Men enough/anymore to like Namor with them.

But . . .

if it had to be . . . . . OR

if it could just be . . . .

has anyone ever thought about Namor . . . and. PoLARIs!

Think about it. They're both *well-abused* in love and by love.
    Havok leaving her at the altar is kinda like

Sue eternally teasing Namor (or whatever some think that is what it is), but basically
    Havok was made for Polaris or vice a versa

and if Sue wasn't with Namor, we know who she might very well be with.

and . . . . oddly enough, was there not an alternate reality where Sue and Havok were a couple?
    But there seems to be something not so fishy about a Namor/Polaris duo and least to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I just don't like the X Men enough/anymore to like Namor with them.

But . . .

if it had to be . . . . . OR

if it could just be . . . .

has anyone ever thought about Namor . . . and. PoLARIs!

Think about it. They're both *well-abused* in love and by love.
    Havok leaving her at the altar is kinda like

Sue eternally teasing Namor (or whatever some think that is what it is), but basically
    Havok was made for Polaris or vice a versa

and if Sue wasn't with Namor, we know who she might very well be with.

and . . . . oddly enough, was there not an alternate reality where Sue and Havok were a couple?
    But there seems to be something not so fishy about a Namor/Polaris duo and least to me.

Magneto has a heart attack. LOL!

Really? I think it is appropriate for Timely era.

Wow! That's an amazing amount of work. They actually used the first appearance covers too! And I also love that they included Namor.
    These are nice looking pics of some favorite guys and gals!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Bit the bullet and read the Avengers. It was definitely a hot mess, and not just Namor's part. I was surprised that Aaron did let Namor defeat Echo ... or at least have Namor use the Phoenix Force to fire up some sharks who pushed her into an underwater canyon (???) while he 'ascended' as Super Sayian Sub-Mariner.

I know Namor is mad at the surface, but this just does NOT sound like him. Not to mention, Namor understands how connected the seas and land are.

Click on link below for bigger picture.

https://insidepulse.com/2021/02/03/m...42-spoilers-1/

I'm joining the ranks on folks who do not like Aaron's She-Hulk. I mean, really? Also, Cap seems to have completely forgotten he was an Invader.

Click on link below for bigger picture.

https://insidepulse.com/2021/02/03/m...42-spoilers-3/

There's something about this reaction from Namor that makes me wonder if there's something else going on.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-03-2021 at 04:14 PM.

I think some folks thought Echo would be the winner because she was shadowed on an Avengers cover. But I am glad to see Namor win that one. However, the final host of the Phoenix has not yet been chosen. I do not think it will be nor should be Namor. Namor's story should move on from here sans Phoenix........but it just makes me wonder why Aaron even included him?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think some folks thought Echo would be the winner because she was shadowed on an Avengers cover. But I am glad to see Namor win that one. However, the final host of the Phoenix has not yet been chosen. I do not think it will be nor should be Namor. Namor's story should move on from here sans Phoenix........but it just makes me wonder why Aaron even included him?
    I was one of those people. It still looks like Echo to me. Which is part of the reason why I say there's something off in Namor's reaction to She-Hulk's insult. However, it seems that once you lose, you get kicked out of the White Room, and since Echo isn't there, I'm assuming she lost.

It absolutely shouldn't be Namor. I don't know why Aaron thinks Namor WANTS the Phoenix, but he had Namor 'summon' the Phoenix, thinking he was going to get it automatically -- since there's never been a history of the Phoenix having a tourney to pick it's host. (insert eye roll)

I ask myself that repeatedly. WHY??? Why is Aaron abusing Namor like this?

Of course, this has been spoiled, somewhat, by the King in Black event as none of the 'main' characters have the Phoenix. There's also a future Avengers cover that has Namor, Dracula and Blade on it. And no. I have NO idea what is going on there. My money is on Aaron completely forgetting, or not having read the X-story, where Namor and the Atlanteans were keeping Drac dead by hiding his head at the bottom of the ocean.

I had been wondering if The Phoenix was going to be the one to end the King in Black? But I do not think Phoenix will be involved in it.

Aaron.....seems to be re-writing Thor history too.....yeah, I just do not know what is up.

I wonder (hope) it will all tie up neatly down the road, but of course, I am worries it will not and we will be left with a mess that is even harder to figure out!

Everything is just bad in most of the wider MU these days. I tend to just retreat into my own head canon, Namor is great there lol

Exactly. I love that wordless Jim Lee art with the flamingo baby! Those are both great examples, as well as your twitter thread, IW. I was thinking of this image from one of the early Silver Age stories.

And here's another one.

Thanks, Reviresco. When it comes to creatures of the sea, it's nice to see that Namor knows how to have a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Everything is just bad in most of the wider MU these days. I tend to just retreat into my own head canon, Namor is great there lol
    Yeah, I know what you mean and I am there too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Reviresco. When it comes to creatures of the sea, it's nice to see that Namor knows how to have a good time...
    He does! Look at Namor's face in that page you posted. PURE JOY!

I had been wondering if The Phoenix was going to be the one to end the King in Black? But I do not think Phoenix will be involved in it.

Aaron.....seems to be re-writing Thor history too.....yeah, I just do not know what is up.

I wonder (hope) it will all tie up neatly down the road, but of course, I am worries it will not and we will be left with a mess that is even harder to figure out!
    No, I don't think Aaron's Phoenix's story will have anything to do with Cates KiB. This Phoenix story seems to be taking place before the KiB story. I wouldn't say it will tie up neatly, but I'm sure Aaron thinks it will. It looks like it will be swept away by whatever is going on with the upcoming Heroes Reborn. But I'm only picking up the Namor issues of Avengers. I'm not losing brain cells trying to follow the rest of this. 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean and I am there too, lol.
    Probably the better thing to do -- cause Namor is great in my head canon too!