Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwdsXvH287/

A custom bust of Orca! I love how it is to scale, comparison to Tigershark.

He's also blue, which he wasn't, in the latest Avengers. sigh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwdsXvH287/

A custom bust of Orca! I love how it is to scale, comparison to Tigershark.

He's also blue, which he wasn't, in the latest Avengers. sigh.
    Love these two! Orca looks calm and has a more human face here, while Tiger wants to bite your face off!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love these two! Orca looks calm and has a more human face here, while Tiger wants to bite your face off!
    True! Orca almost looks Zen. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes, I'm trying to close a bunch of tabs. ;p

Found this art by Lee Russo, that has almost 50 of Namor's villains in the background! Can you name them all? List behind the spoiler tag.

spoilers:
    Attuma
    Tiger Shark
    Llyra
    Orka
    Krang
    Llyron
    Byrrah
    Doctor Dorcas
    Warrior Woman
    Master Man
    U-Man
    Captain Barracuda
    Sea Leopard
    Piranha
    Leviathan
    Black Moray
    Tyrak
    Bloodtide
    Dragon Rider
    Naga with Serpent Crown
    Manowar
    Karthon
    Kor-Konn
    Seaweed Man
    Doctor Dill
    Karlak
    Commander Kraken
    Behemoth from Below
    Shroud
    Slime Thing
    Man-Fish
    Force
    Virago
    Dr. Hydro
    Torg
    Dragon Man
    Dynorr
    Stingray
    Doctor Doom
    Toro
    Turalla
    Rock
    Tuval
    MODOK
    A.I.M. Soldier
    Dragon Lord
    Atlantean Octopus Mutant
    Ringmaster
    Ghaur
    end of spoilers

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm really just waiting for Enter the Phoenix to be over so I don't have to see that version of Namor again. If someone wanted me to point out everything a writer could do wrong with Namor at least I will have the perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Everything is just bad in most of the wider MU these days. I tend to just retreat into my own head canon, Namor is great there lol
    ha, same here. In my head canons I can make it all make sense.

Yes, I'm trying to close a bunch of tabs. ;p

Found this art by Lee Russo, that has almost 50 of Namor's villains in the background! Can you name them all? List behind the spoiler tag.

spoilers:
    Attuma
    Tiger Shark
    Llyra
    Orka
    Krang
    Llyron
    Byrrah
    Doctor Dorcas
    Warrior Woman
    Master Man
    U-Man
    Captain Barracuda
    Sea Leopard
    Piranha
    Leviathan
    Black Moray
    Tyrak
    Bloodtide
    Dragon Rider
    Naga with Serpent Crown
    Manowar
    Karthon
    Kor-Konn
    Seaweed Man
    Doctor Dill
    Karlak
    Commander Kraken
    Behemoth from Below
    Shroud
    Slime Thing
    Man-Fish
    Force
    Virago
    Dr. Hydro
    Torg
    Dragon Man
    Dynorr
    Stingray
    Doctor Doom
    Toro
    Turalla
    Rock
    Tuval
    MODOK
    A.I.M. Soldier
    Dragon Lord
    Atlantean Octopus Mutant
    Ringmaster
    Ghaur
    end of spoilers
    Oh wow Rev! This art is wonderful and I love when artists put all of Namor's cast/villains all in one piece like this.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Incredible Member

Wow! Beautiful. I have a real love of Marvel's underwater characters. I have that Bowen bust of Tiger Shark, and also Bowen's Namor, Marrina, and Stingray (obviously lol) busts. That Orka is awesome! Is it adapted from another bust, or is it sculpted from scratch?
    Last edited by stingray; 02-05-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Wow! Beautiful. I have a real love of Marvel's underwater characters. I have that Bowen bust of Tiger Shark, and also Bowen's Namor, Marrina, and Stingray (obviously lol) busts. That Orka is awesome! Is it adapted from another bust, or is it sculpted from scratch?
    I don't know. I found it on Instagram, and it didn't say it was a custom, but painted. However, I don't know of any Orka statue / figure, so I'm thinking it must be a custom. The scale would seem to limit the number of busts that can be adapted (Hulk and his cast) -- unless it is something in a different scale than Bowen. There is a lot of 3D models that are being printed nowadays, so maybe that's what it is.

I love those aquatic busts -- Stingray's is amazing. I have those, and the Attuma and Triton. I wish we had an Orka, Llyra, Andromeda, and of course Namora and Namorita.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm really just waiting for Enter the Phoenix to be over so I don't have to see that version of Namor again. If someone wanted me to point out everything a writer could do wrong with Namor at least I will have the perfect example.
    Have to agree. Though, from that future Avengers issue, and Aaron's previous Things to Come page, Aaron will be abusing him for a while yet.

This definitely goes to the eternal question of: Do you want to see the character used, even if it is badly? I mean, the only thing worse than abuse is no use.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh wow Rev! This art is wonderful and I love when artists put all of Namor's cast/villains all in one piece like this.
    I thought it was pretty cool. But it's clearly geared toward Namor's Silver and Bronze Age appearances. I don't think there's many from the 90s run. Did you see Suma-Ket?

Okay, latest Clickbait / Twitter rumors:

As best as I can tell, RPK seems to have reported on his patreon that Namor and Hercules are likely to appear in the MCU. I say that, because the tweets I've seen have all been in another language, usually Spanish or Portuguese -- thank you Google Translate.

And then today I see this French version of a new book out with a bunch of MCU characters and ... Namor and Herc on the cover!

Marvel Myths and Legends by James Hill

Now, the US cover only has MCU characters, but it does have this in the blurb:

Explore the fabled myths and epic legends of the vast and vibrant Marvel Universe.

Visit the dawn of time to witness the birth of the Celestials and their warring creations, the Eternals and Deviants. Discover the pantheons of Thor, the Asgardians, and their Olympian rivals. Wonder at the arcane origins of Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme. Behold the new and ancient gods of Wakanda and the Black Panthers. Celebrate the rise of Atlantis and its royal protector Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

These are the spectacular sagas and mythic tales that define and underpin the Marvel Universe.
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Myths-...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

A reviewer says this is included:

.... Ancient Atlantean history leading up to the coming of Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

At the very least, it seems to validate the idea that Atlantis, at least Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis, will appear in the Eternals.

Looks like it could be a nice book, but I do not know if it is old stories, new ones or a bit-a-both? Love the cover.

I think there is something in it about Pantheons, but with Aaron playing around with things, could this book be out-of-date/incorrect already? Or are Aaron's writings not valid down the road? Or will they revert back to the way things have been in the MU?

Yes, none of us know nor can answer right now, but this Inquiring Mind wants to know, lol!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Looks like it could be a nice book, but I do not know if it is old stories, new ones or a bit-a-both? Love the cover.

I think there is something in it about Pantheons, but with Aaron playing around with things, could this book be out-of-date/incorrect already? Or are Aaron's writings not valid down the road? Or will they revert back to the way things have been in the MU?

Yes, none of us know nor can answer right now, but this Inquiring Mind wants to know, lol!
    It is one of those "encyclopedia" type books. Basically text with some illustrations that explains various characters or concepts. I'm guessing this is aimed at explaining the Eternals before the movie.

Sadly, it looks like it has Aaron's nonsense Prehistoric Avengers stuff. I didn't see anything about the Hyborian age, which is interesting. I wonder if that's a rights thing?

Now that you mention it being out of date, I'm imagining all these book editors pulling out their hair about Aaron's retcon of Thor's parentage. LOL!

I gotta say, I think I hate the Prehistoric Avengers concept even more than the Jane Foster Thor. It's just so damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I gotta say, I think I hate the Prehistoric Avengers concept even more than the Jane Foster Thor. It's just so damn stupid.
    I agree. I mean really? The "Avengers" are like the foundation of the MU??? And just these particular pet characters for a writer at this moment? I can't wait for someone to decide their favorite characters get to be the foundational Amoeba Avengers that predate EVERYTHING including the Celestials!!!

I like these, especially the first one, since we rarely see Namor with so much muscle!