Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Why, is it time for me to get (someone) banned again?
    Heh.

No, this cool news. But I see you are over there already. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Marvel’s Doctor Strange turns to tarot for new ‘Defenders’ lineup

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/09/ma...enders-lineup/

Marvel Comics has released artwork by Javier Rodríguez for a new series starting this summer called Defenders. Not much information was given on the new series, but one could surmise from the teaser text Doctor Strange is attempting to put together a new team as it reads: WHO WILL ANSWER DOCTOR STRANGE’S CALL TO BE… THE NEW DEFENDERS!

Also, look to the tarot cards in the art and you’ll find numerous familiar characters like Namor, Hulk, Beast, Valkyrie, and Elisabeth Ross in her Red Hulk form.

Might this project involve Al Ewing who introduced the Eternity Mask in Marvel Comics #1000? In that comic the Eternity Masked man was a key element and was teased quite a bit elsewhere as well. The solicit for that comic asked, “What is the Eternity Mask? And who is responsible for the conspiracy to keep it hidden?”

Likely we’ll find out more information soon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Heh.

No, this cool news. But I see you are over there already. Thank you!
    This could be really "cool" which would be a great treat for this addition premiering in the Summer heat, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

~shucks~ I'm tickled pink that you remembered. All of you are nice. Yes, years ago I got banned because I said things about the anti Wanda brigade.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the delay for the final issue of King in Black is going to trickle down to the tie-ins. So, yes, that means, KiB Namor #5.

King In Black: Namor #5 is delayed from the 31st of March until the 14th of April.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

~shucks~ I'm tickled pink that you remembered. All of you are nice. Yes, years ago I got banned because I said things about the anti Wanda brigade.
    Oh, I remembered. It's cool! I just get so far behind on commenting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't want to spam the board with my crap, so this will be the last one. I often bitch about the sorry state of TigerShark and his ever-changing visual design. I'm currently also working out my own version of Arliss. I still believe the original Buscema design is the strongest, particularly the silhouette, but I absolutely cannot stand the Kirbyesque orange and black zigzag design. On some level I believe that look has helped keep TigerShark as a C-lister, that coupled with being a guest-star thug villain for years as he had no Namor ongoing to be developed in. I wanted to have TigerShark depicted as he should be, something actually terrifying and dangerous. This guy should be a living nightmare for Namor, as well as anyone else that runs into him. I felt he should have more of a living skin type suit, not really a suit at all, but a part of him, complete with living shark teeth replacing the hook or fin designs down his arms and legs. This is a guy is a beast, he was Sabretooth or Venom before those characters ever existed. Imagine a madman with the brute strength enough to lift a cruise ship, yet sadistic enough to try to eat you because he believes he IS a shark and not a man. He's a terrible reflection of Namor himself. All his great power, yet cold where Namor is passionate, vicious and vindictive where Namor is humane and caring, and a murderer while Namor a King. Arliss wants to forget his humanity while Namor aspires to his.

I'll post the finished version here, but I do these in my spare time, so it takes longer than I'd like.

Very cool design, but I am still a fan of the original look for the character. I actually love the orange and gray color combination (orange for tiger, gray for shark). Wolverine wears bright yellow and blue, so I'm not sure how Todd's costume colors held him back in any way. The orange and gray actually make sense, unlike Logan looking like a fan of Michigan State rather than a Canadian wild animal. I don't like him changing back and forth between that look and the more shark like appearance without any explanation. I'd be happy with your kind of design though. He DOES look frightening.

I'm absolutely a fan of the original design too, it's a very strong silhouette. Even if he was completely blacked out, you'd know it was TigerShark. The big fin and the spikes/hooks/fins immediately give him away. What I don't like is the Kirbyesque zig-zag and the orange and black. I feel, even when Kirby did it, the zig-zag design was lazy and something just to break up the design space on a suit. It's very 60s comic zany, and I feel it dates TigerShark and makes him look more like a circus character or even a 60s hero character rather than a frightening villain. The orange doesn't make sense to me, as TigerShark is not based on or named after an actual tiger, but a tiger shark. He shouldn't look like Tigra of the Avengers, who is indeed based on a tiger, but a tiger shark, which is full of many variations of greys and blues. Another aspect of his design which makes him look like a goon rather than dangerous is his exposed ears and nose. This ALWAYS depends on the artist, it didn't apply to Buscema, but in general the exposed ears and nose make Arliss look like a thug/goon type character, like one of the Wrecking Crew or something. He often looks slightly more comical than he should. He also has gills right on his face which is kinda weird and awkward and often forgotten.

Obviously these are only my opinions, but I think the evidence that something doesn't work with TigerShark's design, is how many times artists have tried to revamp it. Almost every artist that works on a book with TigerShark in it, they try to change the way he looks, from tweeks to drastic overhauls. I think subconsciously people know there's something off about it and maybe are not sure what. I'm sure I'm overanalyzing this, but I'm a crazy person who thinks about fictional characters too much lol

Wolverine is a different case, he's a hero for one. If left in his original state he most likely would have become a d-lister and maybe forgotten, but it was his attitude and ferocity that made him a lasting character. That, along with many creators developing him and his suits over the years made him into what he is. His mask is sort of Batman-ish and he has stripes which are sort of jungle-character-ish, but it was the claws and the attitude that made him a winning character.

Personally, I'll always prefer the OG design...

And I know I'm in the minority, but I'm rather partial towards the Jae Lee version which I find totally radical...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-12-2021 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Personally, I'll always prefer the OG design...

And I know I'm in the minority, but I'm rather partial towards the Jae Lee version which I find totally radical...

Oooh no, K7P5V! That look reminds me of Vermin!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, I remembered. It's cool! I just get so far behind on commenting.
    Me too normally. Right now I'm having a moment I guess. Maybe I ate Wheaties this morning?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Me too normally. Right now I'm having a moment I guess. Maybe I ate Wheaties this morning?
    LOL!

Though seriously, it seems the real life stuff comes in unpredictable waves. When I am not underwater, and sometimes it is one the weekend and sometimes it is at work (), I try to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oooh no, K7P5V! That look reminds me of Vermin!

Heh. Vermin. heheheheh

Happy Valentine's Day, fellow Namor fans!

From GarnetVengeance

And more here! https://garnetvengeance.tumblr.com/post/190821425971

To quote a Namor foe*, "Right back 'atcha!" Rev! Happy Valentine's Day.

* (The Thing)

And a few of my Valentine favorites!

And one of my favorite articles about Namor -- His Highness with a Love Advice column answering letters on Valentine's Day! Hilarious! This should be a regular feature in any ongoing book, or heck, any book he is in. Here's one letter, but definitely visit the site and read the rest. They are priceless.

ASK NAMOR Valentine's Day Edition

Namor,

My wife and I are busy people but we do enjoy whatever little time we spend together. We got married on February 9th, which is awfully close to Valentine's Day on February 14th. We do like going out and being romantic, but there are only so many hours in a week. Do you recommend that we celebrate both days individually? Should we pick, say, February 12th as a day that we celebrate both occasions? Should we simply celebrate the real occasion of a wedding, not the occasion perpetuated by Hallmark and named after a Catholic martyr of whom we personally know very little?

Your suggestions in this matter would be most helpful.

–Jeff, Ohio

Jeff,

You are an imbecile. This is Valentine's morn. You sought my counsel knowing it would arrive days too late. I do hope your weekend was a terrible and loveless one and that the cushions of your sofa have since conformed to shape of your dour, pitiful rump. And that your woman has taken up with a man who looks like Steven Weber.

I want to sign off here, but I find myself unable. Even in the wake of such a wretched blunder on your part, Jeff.

Because I am nothing, Jeff, if not a romantic. And the sovereign ruler of the seven seas.

Celebrate your wife every day, you horrendous excuse for a lover. Not just on holidays. Love her in the morning. Love her at brunch. Love her throughout the live-long-day. Love her especially in the evenings. With the television set turned off (or volume set at mute). Love that woman until there is nothing left of her. Because when nothing else of her remains in that embrace, do you know where you'll be then? You'll be hugging yourself. It is a gift, Jeff.

A furry little Englishman once said, "In the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give." And even though he ended up with a very mean woman with a peg-leg, he's exceptionally wealthy.

You are welcome.

–Namor