Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day, fellow Namor fans!

From GarnetVengeance

And more here! https://garnetvengeance.tumblr.com/post/190821425971
    Nice picture, wrong blonde! LOL
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Love the valentines Rev, I was too busy this year to post anything new unforutunely but I love the Betty/Namor one so much. I always loved their relationship and how Betty and Namor never got a chance to be together in the long run. I think the issue with Betty's return in The Sub-Mariner 1968 is so sad.

I found this on tumblr that I don't think I've seen around here though!

Also 616Toro made some Invaders valentines here!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

The latest twitter rumors claim that prehaps Marvel will be using a different approach with an introduction to Namor, there was talk of a casting call for a mayan actors or actors of latino descent to be playing "a large male character" (Attuma??) and a "warrior woman character" (Andromeda??) and that there will be a lost Mayan civilization. Everyone is now saying that Tenoch (who was rumored to be BP2 villain) will play Namor.

Of course it's all rumors still but I did want to mention I had a headcanon/theory about "Atlantis as a Mayan type of situation" back in 2019, so if Marvel is doing this to distance Namor from a looking like a copy of Aquaman with the Greco-Roman Atlantis route, then it may be very interesting to see how it will turn out. Of course I'm still apprehensive about everything until I actually see if these rumors pan out or not.

As I see it, the Atlanteans being Indigenous or Native American etc. is coded in the comics, their homes are destroyed and polluted due to the human's actions, they have to relocate constantly. Poisons and disease almost wipe out their people etc. They are not permitted to enter the U.N. or have rights on the surface world for a long time, Namor used to constantly fight to have their people be recognized in the U.N. Also if Tony Stark had his way he would have placed them under government occupation.

Atlantis itself, reminds me of the Mayans, who when the Spanish arrived found it to be a wonder because of how highly advanced their cities and science was. Yes there is Roman influence because of the Myth of Atlantis but also Atlantis was supposed to be the most advanced place in the world before the Cataclysm.

I guess my question would be how would this work if they need to show other Atlanteans or 'his people'. Will they use makeup or other things.

But I think I favor something that sets him apart from the normal handsome superhero. In some ways, his appearance should be unearthly, undersea-ly.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Yeah, these rumours only strengthen my vote for the MCU to never make a Sub-Mariner film at all. The chances they pick an actor I can get behind is slim to none, forget an origin and story line. I'm honestly over the MCU as it is.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The latest twitter rumors claim that prehaps Marvel will be using a different approach with an introduction to Namor, there was talk of a casting call for a mayan actors or actors of latino descent to be playing "a large male character" (Attuma??) and a "warrior woman character" (Andromeda??) and that there will be a lost Mayan civilization. Everyone is now saying that Tenoch (who was rumored to be BP2 villain) will play Namor.

Of course it's all rumors still but I did want to mention I had a headcanon/theory about "Atlantis as a Mayan type of situation" back in 2019, so if Marvel is doing this to distance Namor from a looking like a copy of Aquaman with the Greco-Roman Atlantis route, then it may be very interesting to see how it will turn out. Of course I'm still apprehensive about everything until I actually see if these rumors pan out or not.

I am so beyond the Black Panther 2 rumors and Namor. Seriously. If the BEST foe you can come up with for Black Panther is Namor then either you haven't read any of Black Panther's comics or Marvel's writers need to get to work on building an actual rogue's gallery for Black Panther. Don't even get me started on having the non-white people fighting each other.

I see where you are coming from on your theory, but that treads a little close to Donnelly's Atlantis Antediluvian World, and it's problematic theory of Atlantis seeding real civilizations. Though I also tend to see Atlantis and the Atlanteans as coded indigenous peoples as you've proposed. Atlantis should be something completely different from the Greco Roman and the Mayan, IMO, because it predates both, and because the environment is so different. I wish artists and creators would take advantage of the sheer weirdness of the underwater flora and fauna and create something unique for Marvel's Atlantis. That said, it is hard to move away from the Greco Roman stuff because of what's already been established, Plato and Neptune.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I guess my question would be how would this work if they need to show other Atlanteans or 'his people'. Will they use makeup or other things.

But I think I favor something that sets him apart from the normal handsome superhero. In some ways, his appearance should be unearthly, undersea-ly.
    Interesting. I feel similarly but I'm not sure how they could relate that. Well, other than the ankle wings -- which is another reason they MUST stay. The black sclera is another thing, I guess, though I wish they would explain it in the comics. Stuart Moore described it best, IMO, with Betty Dean's room mate / Loa's grandmother, and he had her say Namor was shiny. I interpret shiny to mean a sort of supernatural glamour of sorts. Of course, not sure how you create that in a movie. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Yeah, these rumours only strengthen my vote for the MCU to never make a Sub-Mariner film at all. The chances they pick an actor I can get behind is slim to none, forget an origin and story line. I'm honestly over the MCU as it is.
    I'm still enjoying the MCU, but I live in fear of what they'll do to Namor -- including casting. At this point, it seems most editors and writers at Marvel haven't read anything with Namor before 2000 -- which is beyond sad. The same with the MCU creators. OTH, I've resigned myself to the fact that we'll never get a proper push for Namor if he doesn't appear in the MCU.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Nice picture, wrong blonde! LOL
    Hey! Betty Dean is the right blonde!

Love the valentines Rev, I was too busy this year to post anything new unforutunely but I love the Betty/Namor one so much. I always loved their relationship and how Betty and Namor never got a chance to be together in the long run. I think the issue with Betty's return in The Sub-Mariner 1968 is so sad.
    I agree 100%! Sub-Mariner #8 is one of my all time favorites. So poignant.

Also, I'm so behind on everything this year.

I found this on tumblr that I don't think I've seen around here though!

Also 616Toro made some Invaders valentines here!

Love these! Especially the Invaders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

It looks like Namor will be in tomorrow's King in Black #4. I've seen a panel on twitter, and it looks like he and the Swift Tide / Black Tide have a role to play in the fight against Knull.

There's also at least a panel with the Invaders in Adam Hughes' Nick Fury WWII story in Marvel #5 that is out tomorrow.

It's a good thing I'm at work cause I'm am so mad at Marvel. Seriously. We need to find some Angel Investors to buy Namor from them, because I'm now certain that they would rather put out a solo about a two cell organism rather than put out a Namor solo.

It looks like Namor will be in tomorrow's King in Black #4. I've seen a panel on twitter, and it looks like he and the Swift Tide / Black Tide have a role to play in the fight against Knull.

There's also at least a panel with the Invaders in Adam Hughes' Nick Fury WWII story in Marvel #5 that is out tomorrow.
    It's a good thing I'm at work cause I'm am so mad at Marvel. Seriously. We need to find some Angel Investors to buy Namor from them, because I'm now certain that they would rather put out a solo about a two cell organism rather than put out a Namor solo.
    Oh, what happened? Is it the King in Black story? All I heard was that Jean Grey has a powerful moment which I appreciate. But I did not hear anything about Namor.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, what happened? Is it the King in Black story? All I heard was that Jean Grey has a powerful moment which I appreciate. But I did not hear anything about Namor.
    I haven't picked it up yet, but I saw this panel online. It's the whole reason we got the KiB tie-in mini-series, I believe.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I saw this panel online. It's the whole reason we got the KiB tie-in mini-series, I believe.

That's it, that's all Namor gets in the comic, it is such a waste of character. He doesn't even fight or anything. Namor really needs his own solo ):

That's it, that's all Namor gets in the comic, it is such a waste of character. He doesn't even fight or anything. Namor really needs his own solo ):
    Yeah, it is disgusting. They do not know how to incorporate characters into stories today.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, it is disgusting. They do not know how to incorporate characters into stories today.

Yes, disappointingly, this is the only panel that has Namor, and his 'job' in this issue is to flood the city. Great. We didn't even get to see the Black Tide kick ass. But I am impressed by Stegman's portrayal of the Black Tide in this panel. Really would like to see all of them in action.

And the Adam Hughes story in Marvel #5 was more about mourning Captain America, but I'll see if I can upload the scan of the Invaders, where Fury calls them 'monsters' and drunk slurs Namor's title to the "king of fatlantis." LOL!

Yes, disappointingly, this is the only panel that has Namor, and his 'job' in this issue is to flood the city. Great. We didn't even get to see the Black Tide kick ass. But I am impressed by Stegman's portrayal of the Black Tide in this panel. Really would like to see all of them in action.

And the Adam Hughes story in Marvel #5 was more about mourning Captain America, but I'll see if I can upload the scan of the Invaders, where Fury calls them 'monsters' and drunk slurs Namor's title to the "king of fatlantis." LOL!
    Here ya go Rev:

Also I found this too late for Valentine's day but a treat nonetheless!

Happy Valentine’s Day from Namor and his abs.
    Art by Sean Izaakse and colors by Nolan Woodard