Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I LOVE Pirate Namor! That was such a great story and art by Mignola and P. Craig Russell? Perfection!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A Byrne pin up supposedly from Namor Annual #3. I need to re-read this, as I don't remember this one. And I be there are more pin-ups in the annual.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Marvel Fanfare combines my love of pirates and Namor so its the best! XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Here's another Namor pic I don't think I've seen before. It's by Dan Adkins, who did one of my favorite Subby issues, Sub-Mariner 56.

I'm wondering if it was an alternate to this issue???

I like that they used the "Realm Eternal" in the title way back in 1968 (I think it was '68 for this ish?) because Marvel also used that term for Asgard in the '60's and '70's.

I like the equivalency of Atlantis with Asgard. I know many comic fans never saw/see Namor as equal to Thor, but he is in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that they used the "Realm Eternal" in the title way back in 1968 (I think it was '68 for this ish?) because Marvel also used that term for Asgard in the '60's and '70's.

I like the equivalency of Atlantis with Asgard. I know many comic fans never saw/see Namor as equal to Thor, but he is in many ways.
    Hmm. I didn't think of that. So ... Namor spending time with amnesia on the surface world could be parallel to Odin sending Thor to Midgard to learn humility? Could Neptune have something to do with it? I don't know. I don't think Neptune would punish anyone for arrogance. LOL! But yes, I can see some comparison.

Marvel just dropped the news of a Nightcrawler book written by the awesome Si Spurrier that is going to have LOA on the roster!!! Also Dr. Nemesis, who I love, and has some history with Namor. I hope we get SOMETHING about Loa's status and whether she can still breath water and if she still have connections to Atlantis.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=108732402

I'd honestly just rather Namor was kept as far away from the X-World as possible. In general I've never been a fan of Namor mixed up with the X-men, but certainly in the current X-Sphere of books, which are completely batshit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'd honestly just rather Namor was kept as far away from the X-World as possible. In general I've never been a fan of Namor mixed up with the X-men, but certainly in the current X-Sphere of books, which are completely batshit imo.
    I haven’t ever minded Namor’s occasional forays into the X sphere, but yeah now is the time to keep him far far away from all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Marvel just dropped the news of a Nightcrawler book written by the awesome Si Spurrier that is going to have LOA on the roster!!! Also Dr. Nemesis, who I love, and has some history with Namor. I hope we get SOMETHING about Loa's status and whether she can still breath water and if she still have connections to Atlantis.

I love that Phoenix Statue in the Hall gallery, lol!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I saw that!!! I'm super excited because I love Nightcrawler and he has been minimally used in the new x line so far so I can't wait to see where this story goes. Loa being there is gonna be fun. There are gonna be three teleporters on the team too! Nightcrawler, Blink, and Pixie.

I feel a team up now and then isn't bad but like the Avengers, Namor's best teams have always been Invaders and Defenders imo. I would always want Namor doing solo stuff of course. Still hoping we might get a spin off of the mini series. I personally think Hickman has been waiting to use Namor, however Namor was tied up with Invaders, Best Defense, and now the KiB: Namor series. I personally think for the long run X-Men stuff tend to shove Namor into the background, but for a one shot or something small its nice that Namor is acknowledged as Marvel's first mutant.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I dropped X Men and related long ago, even before House of M. I kept up with continuity through various media or forums. I bought the recent "X" Power series, and I like the general tone but not sure I care for the overall results. I'm just beyond them. I hope Namor mostly stays away too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Hope everyone had happy holidays and hoping for a better 2021! Once again crossing my fingers for that overdue Namor ongoing series that we so much deserve! And a gift from your highness to help with your fitness new year's resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Hope everyone had happy holidays and hoping for a better 2021! Once again crossing my fingers for that overdue Namor ongoing series that we so much deserve! And a gift from your highness to help with your fitness new year's resolutions.

Hey Thor-El Buddy! Happy & Healthy New Year to you!

I love the Namor Exercises!

How has your exercises been going? I Love your new avatar.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Thor-El Buddy! Happy & Healthy New Year to you!

I love the Namor Exercises!

How has your exercises been going? I Love your new avatar.
    Hi Phoenix, exercises going fine! Hoping to return to the gym eventually this year once covid is in control but have been able to keep it consistent on my own through last year.