Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I love this!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love this!
    It's very refreshing to see some John Buscema inspired Namor. He's definitely one of my favorite Namor artists.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

https://twitter.com/ChuckPatton9/sta...693671427?s=20

Did a great job channeling John Buscema's take on Namor.

Makes me wonder if we will ever get Namor back in the speedo in comics?
    This is nice! Haha, we can only wonder, wait and see!

That expression just says to me, "Do not call me "Spock", surface dweller!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It's very refreshing to see some John Buscema inspired Namor. He's definitely one of my favorite Namor artists.
    Agreed. Truly a legend (IMHO):

The classic Buscema years are my favorite. Byrne wasn't bad, I liked it more than now though. I didn't like the Savage subby arc, the art doesn't work for me. But I read them.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Truly a legend (IMHO):
    I always forget that this is by Big John -- in part because he's gone for the flat top triangle head look. I wonder why he went in that direction? Anyway, they even made this Sideshow statue out of the image -- which isn't as good as Big John's version, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The classic Buscema years are my favorite. Byrne wasn't bad, I liked it more than now though. I didn't like the Savage subby arc, the art doesn't work for me. But I read them.
    No, Byrne isn't even close to Big John, IMO. Byrne draws Namor very wirey, and he doesn't come across as powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is nice! Haha, we can only wonder, wait and see!

That expression just says to me, "Do not call me "Spock", surface dweller!"
    LOL! Poor Namor. I'm sure he wondered who the heck was Spock?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm stunned that FigPin is doing this, but very happy they decided to do so.

Available for pre-order on Wednesday, July 14!

https://figpin.com/blogs/news/our-ne...comics-is-epic

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm stunned that FigPin is doing this, but very happy they decided to do so.

Available for pre-order on Wednesday, July 14!

https://figpin.com/blogs/news/our-ne...comics-is-epic
    I saw that and I'll be staying up to be able to get my order in as soon as it's open!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I saw that and I'll be staying up to be able to get my order in as soon as it's open!!!
    I'm contemplating a pre-order. I know Gamestop carries FigPins, even if they aren't on this retailer list from FigPin.

https://figpin.com/pages/retailers

So, while wondering WHERE the heck is my new Namor book, or next appearance, I realized it has been 30 years since we got Saga of the Sub-Mariner. That was a 50 year anniversary, but half of it, covered the 30 years of Namor's appearances since his return in the Silver Age. So, if you were doing a Saga II, how would you do it? Would you make it a 12 or 6 issue run? Who would get to for the creative team? I don't think writer wise, there's actually anyone who has kept up with Namor to the present. What do you think should be covered?

It would, of course, have to start off where the other ended, so there would have to be a couple of issues, at least, dealing with the 1990s run. After that, it gets a bit murky, IMO.

So, while wondering WHERE the heck is my new Namor book, or next appearance, I realized it has been 30 years since we got Saga of the Sub-Mariner. That was a 50 year anniversary, but half of it, covered the 30 years of Namor's appearances since his return in the Silver Age. So, if you were doing a Saga II, how would you do it? Would you make it a 12 or 6 issue run? Who would get to for the creative team? I don't think writer wise, there's actually anyone who has kept up with Namor to the present. What do you think should be covered?

It would, of course, have to start off where the other ended, so there would have to be a couple of issues, at least, dealing with the 1990s run. After that, it gets a bit murky, IMO.
    The first series ended with Marrina's death and Namor vowing to seek out her lost progeny. That's where I'd begin with the 2nd series (IMHO):

So, while wondering WHERE the heck is my new Namor book, or next appearance,
    Waiting on him to be 100% confirmed to be in Black Panther 2, and then they will start pumping out books like usual.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Waiting on him to be 100% confirmed to be in Black Panther 2, and then they will start pumping out books like usual.
    I think Namor appearing in the BP movie is a bunch of hogwash, myself, as it is from the usual clickbait sites, and I haven't heard anything from the trade sites like Hollywood Reporter or Variety. It also makes little sense, as well as pretty much admitting they have run out of ideas for the Wakanda movie. Namor is a major character and Atlantis is another well established MU culture like Asgard and Wakanda itself. It would end up taking up too much of the movie and it's resources to put it and Namor properly on the screen, especially since they need to differentiate from DC's Aquaman.

Given who IS getting the push now, with books and comics, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Huerta is playing Ka-Zar or someone from the Savage Land. There could be a confrontation over the Savage Land vibranium.

I think Namor appearing in the BP movie is a bunch of hogwash, myself, as it is from the usual clickbait sites, and I haven't heard anything from the trade sites like Hollywood Reporter or Variety. It also makes little sense, as well as pretty much admitting they have run out of ideas for the Wakanda movie. Namor is a major character and Atlantis is another well established MU culture like Asgard and Wakanda itself. It would end up taking up too much of the movie and it's resources to put it and Namor properly on the screen, especially since they need to differentiate from DC's Aquaman.

Given who IS getting the push now, with books and comics, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out Huerta is playing Ka-Zar or someone from the Savage Land. There could be a confrontation over the Savage Land vibranium.
    I don’t know man. Those plot descriptions seem like it’s inevitable that Namor will be in the film. As much as the mere idea of a Wakanda vs Atlantis show without T’Challa makes my blood boil.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

I agree somewhat. Black Panther has an actual Rogues gallery might as well use that, and let heroes stand as heroes either in their own films or in balanced crossovers.