Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t know man. Those plot descriptions seem like it’s inevitable that Namor will be in the film. As much as the mere idea of a Wakanda vs Atlantis show without T’Challa makes my blood boil.

I can't tell you how many times I've read posts about Namor appearing in the MCU. A couple of years ago, SYFY even reported that Namor had a movie coming out when Marvel was filming in Hawaii. Turned out it was Triton in the Inhumans. The only real news about a Subby movie was reported on the trade sites, and that was mostly development news, i.e. at Universal and the director changes.

Recently there's only been one description that mentions Atlantis specifically, and they mention Namor's father going to Antarctica looking for vibranium. This was first posted on an unofficial Disney centric site that claimed to have gotten the info from Production Weekly. Those subscriptions are $675 a year. Maybe they are coughing up that kind of dough, but I kind of doubt it. Most of these sites just parrot what other sites are posting / making up or claim to have inside sources -- who have been wrong more often than not.

Of course, I could be wrong. They clearly are doing something with Huerta. But I don't think it is in the best interest of either Black Panther or Namor fans for it to happen. Just like the comics, they aren't going to let Namor die or lose badly. And without T'challa, I doubt the rest of the cast is going to hold their own against Namor. He's a scene stealer.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I agree somewhat. Black Panther has an actual Rogues gallery might as well use that, and let heroes stand as heroes either in their own films or in balanced crossovers.
    I agree. If it is the World of Wakanda, then let's see THAT world. If you bring Namor and Atlantis in, there's going to be a good portion of the film spent on setting up the World of Atlantis.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The first series ended with Marrina's death and Namor vowing to seek out her lost progeny. That's where I'd begin with the 2nd series (IMHO):

Yes, this was right before Namor got his new book in the 1990s with Byrne. This "quest" went sideways, i.e. disappeared, as Bryne set Namor off in a different direction. Also, Marvel / editorial was somewhat confused as to who was the father of Marrina's eggs. I believe originally, they were clearly the Plodex, but in a short story that was in one of Namor's annual's they tried to make them Namor's. O_O

Boy, trying to sort out the mess of Namor's appearances after his 90s book was cancelled is mind numbing. I might need 12 issues.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've read posts about Namor appearing in the MCU. A couple of years ago, SYFY even reported that Namor had a movie coming out when Marvel was filming in Hawaii. Turned out it was Triton in the Inhumans. The only real news about a Subby movie was reported on the trade sites, and that was mostly development news, i.e. at Universal and the director changes.
    I know what you mean. It's happened with Doom with just about all the Marvel series. There were supposedly Easter eggs in Wandavision or Falcon and the Winter Soldier none of them panned out. I have to say this most recent alleged Easter egg in last week's Loki episode looks a whole lot like one of Doom's castles.

Allegedly there is work going on with the Fantastic Four coming to the MCU. I think I'd rather see Namor debut there as long as they don't get into the romantic triangle thing with Sue.

Of course, I have this action figure, so it's cool to see it's start. Pony tail AND Square Head!!

Honestly, we are loving this vintage piece of #toybiz @Marvel
    artwork for #Namor. This original inkup is done on velum paper and used internally by designers on the toyline.
    https://twitter.com/jordanhembrough/...834496512?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know what you mean. It's happened with Doom with just about all the Marvel series. There were supposedly Easter eggs in Wandavision or Falcon and the Winter Soldier none of them panned out. I have to say this most recent alleged Easter egg in last week's Loki episode looks a whole lot like one of Doom's castles.
    that would
    Allegedly there is work going on with the Fantastic Four coming to the MCU. I think I'd rather see Namor debut there as long as they don't get into the romantic triangle thing with Sue.
    Oh, you know that triangle is going to happen. ;p

Doom, like Namor DID have some movie reports in the trades, like Noah Hawley of Legion fame trying to do the Doom movie. But Doom appearing in the next Black Panther movie ... not so much.

I did think that castle looked Doom like in Loki, but be out of the blue, don't you think? Then again Doom has been getting a major push in the comics lately. Hmmmm.

I think the castle or structure seen belongs to either Kang or Immortus, his future self. There is some such citadel and it is in Limbo or some part of it. Not Chronopolis either. I seem to remember a FF story where they were there and some construct was fought.

As far as romantic triangles, well, I can't think of one that already exists in the MCU other than what I heard about Eternals, so it may be tough luck. They're bound to do one of these someday, and that would be the go-to story, whether Namor fans like it or not.
    I'm tired of the patronizing attitudes about this. We accept these stories in almost any other context, why are we either so prudish or downright negative?
    I think if you want these things to not be brought up, you're in the wrong media.
    I just had this argument with my wife, tonight, watching CW's Flash.
    She is highly annoyed that the same old tropes are over and over (noble sacrifice and last-minute show up of a character though gone).
    These are just typical of superhero stories and the related character arcs.
    Scott has "an affair" with Emma, while married to Jean.
    Daredevil and Widow seemingly have vital relationships with many people.

The incredible number of loves that some characters have had; Spidey for example

make Sue quite chaste.
    So I almost wonder if this is some sort of projection. Bad memories of our own relationships, or our parents or others.

I mean this is just real life. People have attractions and either act on them, or dwell on them.

How often does this really happen, that Sue and Namor can barely keep eyes off of each other?
    The last time was in Namor's own mag, waaaaay long ago.
    Anything since then, are recaps, reimaginings, and not really two-way thoughts, actions or words.
    As long as this lamentation continues, I will continue these replies.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I'm always on the look out for Namor merch, but this ... well, lets just say I'm surprised Marvel is letting this slide.

https://www.namorlaremun.com/

I found this urban clothing brand called Namor Laremun, which has basically done what Bill Everett did, and spelled Roman Numeral backwards! Lots of the line has the full Namor Laremun on the logo, but there's some pieces that just have NAMOR on them.

This also comes in black and in blue.

Also comes in tan.

Now, I'm thinking Namor needs a rogue named Namor Laremun... his superpower could be writing larger numbers in Roman Numerals.

Astonishing Member

Yes, this was right before Namor got his new book in the 1990s with Byrne. This "quest" went sideways, i.e. disappeared, as Bryne set Namor off in a different direction. Also, Marvel / editorial was somewhat confused as to who was the father of Marrina's eggs. I believe originally, they were clearly the Plodex, but in a short story that was in one of Namor's annual's they tried to make them Namor's. O_O

Boy, trying to sort out the mess of Namor's appearances after his 90s book was cancelled is mind numbing. I might need 12 issues.
    Long shot, but do you know which annual?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Long shot, but do you know which annual?
    The 90s run Namor Annual #4.

Here's some pages and info.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-namor-marrina-children/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think the castle or structure seen belongs to either Kang or Immortus, his future self. There is some such citadel and it is in Limbo or some part of it. Not Chronopolis either. I seem to remember a FF story where they were there and some construct was fought.
    Looks like you were correct about the castle! I really need to do some reading on Kang. I didn't recognize so many of the hints.

As far as romantic triangles, well, I can't think of one that already exists in the MCU other than what I heard about Eternals, so it may be tough luck. They're bound to do one of these someday, and that would be the go-to story, whether Namor fans like it or not.
    They didn't really do the Sif, Thor, Jane Foster triangle, in the MCU, did they? I mean, I think Sif's interest wasn't revealed to Thor.

I'm tired of the patronizing attitudes about this. We accept these stories in almost any other context, why are we either so prudish or downright negative?
    I think if you want these things to not be brought up, you're in the wrong media.
    I just had this argument with my wife, tonight, watching CW's Flash.
    She is highly annoyed that the same old tropes are over and over (noble sacrifice and last-minute show up of a character though gone).
    These are just typical of superhero stories and the related character arcs.
    Scott has "an affair" with Emma, while married to Jean.
    Daredevil and Widow seemingly have vital relationships with many people.

The incredible number of loves that some characters have had; Spidey for example make Sue quite chaste.
    So I almost wonder if this is some sort of projection. Bad memories of our own relationships, or our parents or others.

I mean this is just real life. People have attractions and either act on them, or dwell on them.
    I've come to the conclusion that some people who absolutely hate Namor, because he tries to "steal" Sue might indeed be projecting. I often suspect that they may have lost a SO, allegedly to another person, who they blame. Blaming the other person keeps them from examining the relationship or themselves.

That said, Stan Lee definitely made the love triangle a trope for Marvel comics. My problem with it, is when it's not actually a love triangle, i.e. either 'rival' actually have a chance to win the third person's affections. And that's how Namor is being used, now that Reed and Sue are married. In the beginning, there was actually a chance that Sue would have picked Namor. Now, Namor's only there to make Reed look 'good' or Sue look 'bad.' Same, to a much lesser degree with Emma and Scott.

Subsidiary to this issue, is that too often, Sue takes advantage of Namor's interest / affection to get what she wants.

Also, I just don't agree with the assessment that Namor has spent decades mooning over Sue, or that she's his true love. Again, he cares for her, but he's moved on.

How often does this really happen, that Sue and Namor can barely keep eyes off of each other?
    The last time was in Namor's own mag, waaaaay long ago.
    Anything since then, are recaps, reimaginings, and not really two-way thoughts, actions or words.
    As long as this lamentation continues, I will continue these replies.
    I think any time they are together, Namor is going to flirt / ask, cause Namor is ever the optimist. Also the egotist, that can't believe Sue wouldn't be interested. LOL!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

In Tenoch Huerta news; he just posted a "getting fit" picture on his instagram, many people in the comments are speculating it's for a movie role even though he hasn't said anything yet. (All my translations are from a friend because I don't know spanish!) Could this be for a certain AB-lantis role?

link
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I commissioned Mel Uran for some Chibi Namor's! I think I had already shared the first one but here are the other two!!! I wanted him in his 2 most iconic and 1 most recent outfits!

note: I don't know why the size of the last one is so big sorry!

I always speculated one of the reasons for the 90's Namor is Infertile Plot was due to this actually, like they had to wrap up the reason why Marrina's monster kids weren't Namor's in a clear way but of course that's speculation.

Subsidiary to this issue, is that too often, Sue takes advantage of Namor's interest / affection to get what she wants.

Previously Reviresco had said the above.

Me: I happily concede this is very true. I also appreciate a well thought out commentary to my somewhat screed.
    (ps: I really enjoyed that castle thing in Loki!)
    But I don't think that aspect of Sue, doing this to get something she wants is such a bad thing because

(with the exception of current Sue stuff: spying on Johnny and overplaying the mom thing)

Sue has the most noble heart of nearly any hero. (and that is why Namor feels this way; her noble human nature especially compared to most humans that Namor has had to interact with) and generally

thinks of the human race first. Or those with no advocacy (old Dragon Man, other situations)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all