Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I commissioned Mel Uran for some Chibi Namor's! I think I had already shared the first one but here are the other two!!! I wanted him in his 2 most iconic and 1 most recent outfits!

note: I don't know why the size of the last one is so big sorry!
    These are adorable! Mel Uran does great work -- I love her Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

In Tenoch Huerta news; he just posted a "getting fit" picture on his instagram, many people in the comments are speculating it's for a movie role even though he hasn't said anything yet. (All my translations are from a friend because I don't know spanish!) Could this be for a certain AB-lantis role?

link
    I wish I was as in good shape as he is, but ... he's no Namor. ;p

I think it's a bit late to try to get in shape for Namor, isn't it? I mean, they have started shooting already.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I always speculated one of the reasons for the 90's Namor is Infertile Plot was due to this actually, like they had to wrap up the reason why Marrina's monster kids weren't Namor's in a clear way but of course that's speculation.
    But then shortly after, they contradicted that in that annual, which states they are his kids.

TBH, so much of that 90s Namor run makes zero sense. Shakes fist at Byrne. LOL!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    But then shortly after, they contradicted that in that annual, which states they are his kids.

TBH, so much of that 90s Namor run makes zero sense. Shakes fist at Byrne. LOL!
    Inserts Namor shaking his fists gif, lol
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I wish I was as in good shape as he is, but ... he's no Namor. ;p

I think it's a bit late to try to get in shape for Namor, isn't it? I mean, they have started shooting already.
    Not sure, as we all said this is still rumors until it's confirmed but I am keeping an eye out for news. They did start filming but of course I have no idea when the movie's release date will be.

Tenoch Huerta would totally fit Disney's MO for the MCU. Would not at all be surprised. That being said, every rumour that pops up regarding anything to do with Namor just reaffirms my feelings that I'd rather they just left Namor alone altogether. They'll never do him right (imo obviously) and I'll have to listen to MCU fans for years afterwards talk about how the film one is better or more popular or bla bla. They NEVER got Thor right, in any media outside the comic, yet people absolutely love the joke version of Thor and think that's what the character actually is. Yes, you can have multiple versions of a character, yes you can understand that film and comics are two different medium, yes there is room for different interpretations of characters etc etc, but most people just don't see it that way. MCU Thor is Thor now to the majority of people aside from the tiny minority that still actually read his books. I'm not looking forward to that for Namor. I may just be over the MCU in general.

I just want a good creative team put on an ongoing Sub-Mariner series.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Tenoch Huerta would totally fit Disney's MO for the MCU. Would not at all be surprised. That being said, every rumour that pops up regarding anything to do with Namor just reaffirms my feelings that I'd rather they just left Namor alone altogether. They'll never do him right (imo obviously) and I'll have to listen to MCU fans for years afterwards talk about how the film one is better or more popular or bla bla. They NEVER got Thor right, in any media outside the comic, yet people absolutely love the joke version of Thor and think that's what the character actually is. Yes, you can have multiple versions of a character, yes you can understand that film and comics are two different medium, yes there is room for different interpretations of characters etc etc, but most people just don't see it that way. MCU Thor is Thor now to the majority of people aside from the tiny minority that still actually read his books. I'm not looking forward to that for Namor. I may just be over the MCU in general.

I just want a good creative team put on an ongoing Sub-Mariner series.
    This!

With some of the stuff they are publishing, I don't understand why we can't get a Namor book. I really don't understand why editorial doesn't invest in Namor. Especially given how much they throw at the wall and hope it sticks.

I haven't seen Huerta in anything, so I can't say much about him. I understand what you are saying about the MCU characterizations, and I'm fine with them being different, EXCEPT that those portrayals leak into the comics themselves. Sadly, if we don't get Namor in the MCU, I doubt editorial will actually invest in the character and give him an ongoing. Unless we get someone at editorial that likes the character.

The problem is that the climate at Marvel currently is so toxic and it's priorities so twisted, that part of me is glad Namor is being ignored for the most part. I'm obviously dying for an ongoing for Namor, but if it were announced tomorrow, I have a feeling it would not be the Namor series most of us are hoping for. I essentially trust Marvel Editorial less than the powers that be at Disney/MCU. How's that for some doom and gloom posts? Everything is terrible blaahhh!

The problem is that the climate at Marvel currently is so toxic and it's priorities so twisted, that part of me is glad Namor is being ignored for the most part. I'm obviously dying for an ongoing for Namor, but if it were announced tomorrow, I have a feeling it would not be the Namor series most of us are hoping for. I essentially trust Marvel Editorial less than the powers that be at Disney/MCU. How's that for some doom and gloom posts? Everything is terrible blaahhh!
    LOL! Well, having been disappointed repeatedly about what Marvel is doing, or not doing, for Namor, I understand. Like you said, even without a movie version leaking into the comics, Namor gets horribly Aaronized in Avengers.

I haven't been able to do much more than think about projects for Namor. Basically I get inspired by seeing all the stuff other characters are getting. But I've thinking about trying to come up with an 8 page story for Namor. I think 8 page stories are something like try-outs for creators, but they also are good try outs for characters, I think.

You should do it, I'd love to see that!

You should do it, I'd love to see that!
    I'd love to see it too. LOL!

Seriously, writing a short story has it's problems. It's the Goldilocks problem. Plus, making it interesting enough to capture attention.

I'd love to see it too Rev!

My own dream project is a sub-mariner original fancomic series. Of course I'm not skilled enough in art yet to tackle it nor do I have enough to commission an artist for such a project.

I agree with you and Doombot, whatever happens in the mcu will leak into the comics. Now some characters escape that but not all.

I already deal with people who have no clue what Namor's character is supposed to be like with my fan accounts all the time, the mcu fans will only make it worse. *sigh*

What we need is an animated Namor series or Namor showing up in any cartoons.

What we need is an animated Namor series or Namor showing up in any cartoons.
    I'd love to see one of the Asian animation companies take on a Namor cartoon. It would be something completely different for Marvel.

I'd love to see it too Rev!

My own dream project is a sub-mariner original fancomic series. Of course I'm not skilled enough in art yet to tackle it nor do I have enough to commission an artist for such a project.

I agree with you and Doombot, whatever happens in the mcu will leak into the comics. Now some characters escape that but not all.

I already deal with people who have no clue what Namor's character is supposed to be like with my fan accounts all the time, the mcu fans will only make it worse. *sigh*
    Don't get me started. On Twitter, I just saw someone post a list of mutants rulers, and who they are loyal to, like Krakoa or Arako, and of course, they have Namor last, and under 'loyalty' they have SELF INTERESTS. Really??? You have him down as King of Atlantis, and you think he's doing it all for himself? Try ATLANTIS.

A Subby fancomic would be awesome!