Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I made yet another fan edit of Daniel Henney for a movie fancast, basically I just did this for fun since at this point Marvel hasn't announced any plans for a Namor movie even though rumors of him appearing are still ongoing and unconfirmed.

Also I was looking over Marvel Comics Presents #1 (again) today and just love Coker's art so much. Pak and Coker really made a great comic, makes me wish that they could get a series, although I would be very happy with Gail Simone who expressed interest (again) in a Namor series. I wish Marvel would give Namor a chance at an ongoing even though I'm enjoying the Busiek mini so far.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow! Nicely done on the Daniel H Photoshop! He is pretty.

That Coker art never gets old. Such a great story.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a Gail Simone Namor book. I don't think she's done anything for Marvel since the Domino book, has she?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'd honestly just rather Namor was kept as far away from the X-World as possible. In general I've never been a fan of Namor mixed up with the X-men, but certainly in the current X-Sphere of books, which are completely batshit imo.
    There certainly is a culty vibe to some of the X-books right now. Plus, I'm torn about Hickman's use of Namor. If he were writing a Namor story, I'd sign on, but I don't want him using Namor to support other characters. I do feel he should do something to fix what he did to Namor. I often wonder if that is part of the reason why we haven't gotten a Namor ongoing for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I haven’t ever minded Namor’s occasional forays into the X sphere, but yeah now is the time to keep him far far away from all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I feel a team up now and then isn't bad but like the Avengers, Namor's best teams have always been Invaders and Defenders imo. I would always want Namor doing solo stuff of course. Still hoping we might get a spin off of the mini series. I personally think Hickman has been waiting to use Namor, however Namor was tied up with Invaders, Best Defense, and now the KiB: Namor series. I personally think for the long run X-Men stuff tend to shove Namor into the background, but for a one shot or something small its nice that Namor is acknowledged as Marvel's first mutant.
    IF Hickman is waiting to use Namor, I think the biggest hold up is Jason Aaron's Avengers with his endlessly stretched out plotlines. Of course, if I get a Namor and Emma relationship that's about THEM and not Namor playing third wheel, I would probably just pass out joy. ;p

I agree with you on Namor's best teams are Invaders and Defenders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Hope everyone had happy holidays and hoping for a better 2021! Once again crossing my fingers for that overdue Namor ongoing series that we so much deserve! And a gift from your highness to help with your fitness new year's resolutions.

Hi Phoenix, exercises going fine! Hoping to return to the gym eventually this year once covid is in control but have been able to keep it consistent on my own through last year.
    Thor-El!! Good to see you in this new year! Hope everything is going with you.

I love these Namor exercises! Helping out his buddy Hulk. LOL!

Why am I not surprised you've been keeping up with the workouts, even without the gym? Much respect!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thor-El!! Good to see you in this new year! Hope everything is going with you.

I love these Namor exercises! Helping out his buddy Hulk. LOL!

Why am I not surprised you've been keeping up with the workouts, even without the gym? Much respect!
    Thank you, Rev! Hopefully we will be able to get back to some normalcy this year. I miss my Gym! I've seen a couple Comic Conventions pop up, and people doing cosplay with masks, lol! I'm staying put. This pandemic has been terrible for LCS too, the one closest to my home closed and the Think Geek store at the Mall where I used to go and check statues and hero merchandise will close this month!

Thank you, Rev! Hopefully we will be able to get back to some normalcy this year. I miss my Gym! I've seen a couple Comic Conventions pop up, and people doing cosplay with masks, lol! I'm staying put. This pandemic has been terrible for LCS too, the one closest to my home closed and the Think Geek store at the Mall where I used to go and check statues and hero merchandise will close this month!
    This year's recovery is off to such a slow start after November's promising of a much faster recovery. Hopefully, things will pick up at a quicker pace.

Have you done any new poses in costume? I am sure with working out at home you stayed in shape.

What about those "Namor Vs ..." Graphics that you sometimes post on here? I love those. They are so different yet lifelike.

Black Namor is in Claremont's Anniversary issue that came out today!

Yes, it's the Sue story, so there's not tons of panels, but a nice showing, regardless, since he manages to hold off doing the Shadow King's bidding long enough for Dani Moonstar to end the threat. Also, lots of his kids. I'll see if I can get some scans up tomorrow, if someone else doesn't do it before I do so.

EDIT: Found at least one scan on Twitter.

Last edited by Reviresco; 01-13-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This year's recovery is off to such a slow start after November's promising of a much faster recovery. Hopefully, things will pick up at a quicker pace.

Have you done any new poses in costume? I am sure with working out at home you stayed in shape.

What about those "Namor Vs ..." Graphics that you sometimes post on here? I love those. They are so different yet lifelike.
    Yes, I've kept with the cosplay on my Instagram and the Namor 3D story mostly on my Patreon. Thanks for asking. Here's one I did and put on Youtube.

LOL! That is priceless! Well done, Thor-El!

Wow. I didn't think anyone was putting on in person comic conventions right now.

I'm sure there are plenty of places that have closed, but I don't go anywhere but the grocery store and work. I didn't visit my LCBS for months, and even now go like once a month or so. Trying to avoid the virus AND the Covidiots who just. will. not. wear. masks.

Hopefully, we can get back to some semblance of normal this year.

Yes, I've kept with the cosplay on my Instagram and the Namor 3D story mostly on my Patreon. Thanks for asking. Here's one I did and put on Youtube.

Hahaha, this was great! Nice touch are the 2 small Seahorses down by his toes.

Mighty Member

Wow. I didn't think anyone was putting on in person comic conventions right now.

I'm sure there are plenty of places that have closed, but I don't go anywhere but the grocery store and work. I didn't visit my LCBS for months, and even now go like once a month or so. Trying to avoid the virus AND the Covidiots who just. will. not. wear. masks.

You do well. Please stay safe. And if you can avoid going to the store at all and order online do that instead.

Mighty Member

LOL! That is priceless! Well done, Thor-El!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, this was great! Nice touch are the 2 small Seahorses down by his toes.
    Glad you guys liked it!

You do well. Please stay safe. And if you can avoid going to the store at all and order online do that instead.
    Yes, everyone please stay well and healthy! Protect yourself as much as possible.

Covididiots are all over---even when they know someone themselves who has gotten ill from the virus.

I don't have high hopes for this, especially given Zabu is given prominence over Namor, but it IS coming out next Wednesday.