Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I always thought it would be interesting to see Namor with Tamara, but I think those days are long gone.

Then I liked Namor with Marrina. Namor seemed happy when he was with her (well, for him, anyway)

Maybe Andromeda would be a good current woman for Namor?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always thought it would be interesting to see Namor with Tamara, but I think those days are long gone.

Then I liked Namor with Marrina. Namor seemed happy when he was with her (well, for him, anyway)

Andromeda always works good as the non-love interest, non-related, loyal female soldier.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

just my 2 cents but I don't want to see Namor with Sue (except as a friend & ally) or Emma. I never liked Emma... she is too treacherous IMO. I don't think she really ever was that interested and was just using him, particularly in that Phoenix crossover arc.

I'd like to see someone come up with a new character but I doubt that would happen.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    on some level, I have this weird hangup about opposites attracting and they are as opposite on the physical level as it gets.
    So I will try not to pander so much about this, but

I still feel Namor is or should end up being broody and mostly under achieving in love.

I feel that years ago the only one that would "change my mind" was Andromeda. I liked her character in the beginning but it didn't seem to be more than a spear carrier with possibilities.

Now that we've seen a differing history of Namor and her father, well, that gives me a little pause, but

Namor could do far worse than Andromeda.
    Under achieving in love? Oh nooooo!

Opposites attracting makes for more ... interesting relationships. But so do opposite goals. And there's plenty of obstacles that can be thrown into a relationship to make it more interesting. I'm a sucker for marriage of convenience, myself. I seriously don't know why the Atlanteans aren't pushing for that. They are in serious need of some heirs.

I don't think Andromeda has a relationship with Attuma, does she? If so, definitely not a good one. He didn't even know she existed, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Andromeda is certainly an under appreciated character, there's lots of potential there.
    Like I said, she's something of a cipher to me.

Tamara is still around, I think. They were on working terms, IIRC, but definitely NOT on romantic terms. She was helping Namor with some Atlantean terrorists ... geez, I guess it's been 15 to 20 years ago, back in Thunderbolts.

I always felt Namor was on drugs when he was Marrina. And not in a good way. He just never seemed himself, and her personality was completely against his usual type. I blame Byrne. ;p
    Of course, we STILL haven't gotten any pages where they've met, since she was brought back in Chaos War, sooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Andromeda always works good as the non-love interest, non-related, loyal female soldier.
    This was my vague impression, also, that Andromeda was the loyal female soldier, always focused on 'proving' herself.

I did do a little wiki / reading on her, and wow. Writers for the most part, simply ignored what the previous writers have done with her, and made a mess of the character. She was supposed to be dead, several times. She was supposed to be trapped in the Ebony Sword??!?! She has had almost as many of body / soul switches as Valkyrie -- with an air breather named Genieve Cross??? I don't think most of these have been explained at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Under achieving in love? Oh nooooo!

Opposites attracting makes for more ... interesting relationships. But so do opposite goals. And there's plenty of obstacles that can be thrown into a relationship to make it more interesting. I'm a sucker for marriage of convenience, myself. I seriously don't know why the Atlanteans aren't pushing for that. They are in serious need of some heirs.

I don't think Andromeda has a relationship with Attuma, does she? If so, definitely not a good one. He didn't even know she existed, IIRC.

Like I said, she's something of a cipher to me.

Tamara is still around, I think. They were on working terms, IIRC, but definitely NOT on romantic terms. She was helping Namor with some Atlantean terrorists ... geez, I guess it's been 15 to 20 years ago, back in Thunderbolts.

I always felt Namor was on drugs when he was Marrina. And not in a good way. He just never seemed himself, and her personality was completely against his usual type. I blame Byrne. ;p
    Of course, we STILL haven't gotten any pages where they've met, since she was brought back in Chaos War, sooooo

This was my vague impression, also, that Andromeda was the loyal female soldier, always focused on 'proving' herself.

I did do a little wiki / reading on her, and wow. Writers for the most part, simply ignored what the previous writers have done with her, and made a mess of the character. She was supposed to be dead, several times. She was supposed to be trapped in the Ebony Sword??!?! She has had almost as many of body / soul switches as Valkyrie -- with an air breather named Genieve Cross??? I don't think most of these have been explained at all.
    Yes, they did some unneccesary junk with Andromeda, and to be fair she was probably mostly intended as Namor's replacement of sorts in the Defenders.

I too never 'got' Namor and Marrinna. (sic) it seemed very oft to me, I like her as her own character in AF, and I know that Namor met her there after some adventure with Sue (the Master) or something like/around that era.

So that means Byrne was trying to resolve the Sue thing, perhaps (despite that one kiss on the splash page of a story)

I can't really address Tamara, as I probably didn't read those issues. She is the cypher to me.

But Attuma's daughter should possibly be more than just a loyal soldier. Who knows?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

To be honest, all the body swapping/ soul swapping stuff is best left ignored. Andromeda is most interesting as an outcast barbarian princess who becomes a powerful warrior and leader within the higher ranks of Atlantis. Seeing her duty and loyalty to Atlantis and Namor as a way to compensate or reject the status of being an unwanted, unloved bastard of Attuma. Having Namor take the place of a surrogate father figure, and possible love interest as she's secretly held a candle for him, can make for all kinds of interesting drama.

To be honest, all the body swapping/ soul swapping stuff is best left ignored. Andromeda is most interesting as an outcast barbarian princess who becomes a powerful warrior and leader within the higher ranks of Atlantis. Seeing her duty and loyalty to Atlantis and Namor as a way to compensate or reject the status of being an unwanted, unloved bastard of Attuma. Having Namor take the place of a surrogate father figure, and possible love interest as she's secretly held a candle for him, can make for all kinds of interesting drama.
    I would like to see some more conflict about being born a barbarian but knowing Attuma can blame her for not wanting nothing to do with him, also let's remember that her mother neither was a good and that's apart of her history who hasn't been explored yet.

I think that off all possible relationships she is the most sane, she is not alredy married, she is not a blood relative, she never betrayed him and she is kind of strong and interested on Atlantis well fare by herself. She could share a lot of goals in common if allowed.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Sounds like some votes for Andromeda!
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

if anyone's ever watched the Netflix series "Marco Polo" from a few years back, there is a character , based on a real person, named Khutulun (played by Claudia Kim), who is a female warrior, infamous wrestler and a Princess, being the daughter of Kaida a powerful Mongol leader and the cousin of the famous Kublai Khan. Andromeda, in my mind, would be very much like this character. If you haven't watched the show, it was really great. Unfortunately shortlived.

Why writers don't play up the nomadic, warrior, steppe people influence of Attuma and his hordes (which they were obviously originally referencing) is beyond me, and one of the first thing I'd do if I had the reigns.

Last edited by Doombot; 08-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.

I know, right?! Couldn't agree with you more. Although, I wouldn't mind some possibilities being shown between them.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I agree 100%, from my readings Andromeda rejects her father's way and sought to gain respect and a place to belong by joining the Atlanteans royal guard, Namor even promotes her to peace officer/peace keeper, a high rank I would think since she later became captain of the royal guard. She had feelings for Namor that Namor had never returned, he sees her as a friend and respects her strength. We do see her confront Attuma as her father but as always writers never play up the interpersonal drama enough between atlanteans in court, or even among the tribes, I would love to see that more. I personally like that there hasn't been a romance between them, and if their friendship stays the same I would be happy with that. Namor needs friends and allies in Atlantis.

I know I mentioned before I would like to see Namor/Andromeda happen but it would need to be built up and written well, not simply have them together just because they are there. Andromeda shouldn't be a replacement Dorma.

Abira seemed to be a mix of Dorma and Andromeda, but we all know how that ended. Also it's been a decade with no sign of that character ever returning.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

if anyone's ever watched the Netflix series "Marco Polo" from a few years back, there is a character , based on a real person, named Khutulun (played by Claudia Kim), who is a female warrior, infamous wrestler and a Princess, being the daughter of Kaida a powerful Mongol leader and the cousin of the famous Kublai Khan. Andromeda, in my mind, would be very much like this character. If you haven't watched the show, it was really great. Unfortunately shortlived.

Why writers don't play up the nomadic, warrior, steppe people influence of Attuma and his hordes (which they were obviously originally referencing) is beyond me, and one of the first thing I'd do if I had the reigns.

I've seen this show and it's good. I loved King in Black: Namor because it does show Attuma's nomadic people for once, it would be good if we got more world building like this.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Extraordinary Member

If I remember correctly, when Namor was sent off for a year (real time) to the Heroes Reborn universe, Atlantis was ruled by a triad of Namorita, Krang, and Andromeda.

I don't remember or never saw Abira, and don't remember other than a mention about what happened to atlantis during Reborn. I'm not so great a Namor fan, perhaps.
    ~ Oberon ~

I remember next to nothing about Abira. I've only read Namor The First Mutant series once and didn't like it. So I've forgotten most of it.