Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

What would be your #1 Namor appearance or issue?

Hopefully you don't mind, but I just couldn't pick which one I loved the most. So, here's My Top (3) Three favorites:

1. Namor's alliance with the Invaders, as they do battle with the time-displaced Avengers (Invaders Annual #1):

2. At long last, Namor joins Captain America & the Avengers (Avengers #262):

3. The Jae Lee rendered introduction of the Sacred Armor of Ancient Atlantis (Namor #37):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-24-2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Yes, I started it a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wooooo!
    I just started following you.
    Same! I gotta give my fellow Atlantean lovers some appreciation.

Is Namora and Namorita considered mutants?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

They should be. But Marvel can barely remember Namor is a mutant.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    This is an impossible choice!

Most of the 1968 Subby run.

Sub-Mariner #8 is always high on my list.

Sub-Mariner #20 is classic Doom and Namor.

Sub-Mariner #37 is so tragic.

Sub-Mariner #56 is so gorgeous, with Dan Adkins art and a poignant story.

The whole Suma-Ket arc.

Bill Everett's Atlas run.

The Namor and Cap issue of Avengers Defenders war -- which kind of goes back to IW's question.

Oh, yes, Avengers #262 and Hercules' Gift!

FF #6 is Silver Age awesome and the first Doom and Namor team up.

And for another fun read, Defenders Indefensible -- but even it has a poignant part.

So much more ... have to think on it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Eco-Warrior Namor is always a welcome sight.

But it is sad that we are reduced to a single cameo panel for Namor appearances. : (

I did pick up the FCBD Avengers and indeed the 'Namor' appearance there was an alternate universe where Atlantis never sank and the world was in a golden age, led by Atlantis. Which is kind of weird that there would be water breathing Atlanteans forming the Atlantean Avengers??? Of course, I'm not sure why I expect logic in an Aaron Avengers. Of course, there's just that splash page, and nothing else shown. It's destroyed off panel.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-atlanti...el-multiverse/
    Not worth our time even free. I have a huge issue with like Namor becoming the "Atlantean Captain America" because they really are two different characters. Aaron is currently and forever on my "ignore at all costs" list, I just get very angry reading how he writes Namor. I am not looking forward to any more Namor appearances under his pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

Thanks!

They have the mutant gene for wings I guess, but as we all know Namora's wings came and went with publication and wasn't ever consistent. Nita is a clone and Atlantean and mutant, however I would never mentally tie them with mutants as they are much more connected to their Atlantean sides. The trouble with "knock offs" of the original is that their backstories don't really work. I love and appreciate them as characters but I don't put too much thought into how they would be affected by Mutant issues in the Marvel Universe as each character has had their own niche with Agents of Atlas and New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    My number one Namor issue of all time has to be Marvel Snapshot: Sub-Mariner, in terms of storytelling, the characterization and finally art it really is a masterpiece of Sub-Mariner Lore that is hopeful yet bittersweet and sad as Namor's comics should be. We get to see the character through the eyes of a loved one which has been sorely missed in comics these days. Perhaps I have a little too much love for Betty/Namor and their story which is one of my favorite relationships in Namor's history. The love and friendship they had lasted decades.

Ever since this comic came out it's been in my top spot however my other faves would circulate.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Not worth our time even free. I have a huge issue with like Namor becoming the "Atlantean Captain America" because they really are two different characters. Aaron is currently and forever on my "ignore at all costs" list, I just get very angry reading how he writes Namor. I am not looking forward to any more Namor appearances under his pen.
    Pretty much this. Though, what's interesting is that he appears to have plans for Namor that just never materialize. Remember, he was supposed to be in Thor. A sub-mariner was supposed to be one of the Prehistoric Avengers. There's supposed to be an Atlantean arc. I guess we should just count our blessings.

My number one Namor issue of all time has to be Marvel Snapshot: Sub-Mariner, in terms of storytelling, the characterization and finally art it really is a masterpiece of Sub-Mariner Lore that is hopeful yet bittersweet and sad as Namor's comics should be. We get to see the character through the eyes of a loved one which has been sorely missed in comics these days. Perhaps I have a little too much love for Betty/Namor and their story which is one of my favorite relationships in Namor's history. The love and friendship they had lasted decades.

Ever since this comic came out it's been in my top spot however my other faves would circulate.
    Yes, the Marvel Snapshot is definitely a new fav! I'm very sad about the Betty's fate. I guess we're just supposed to ignore how her silver age appearances make zero sense every year that goes by.

Also worth mentioning, the Greg Pak and Thom Coker story in Marvel Presents, where Namor takes on the Hiroshima bomb. wow. As well as his What If? the Sub-Mariner Had Been Raised on Land?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Pretty much this. Though, what's interesting is that he appears to have plans for Namor that just never materialize. Remember, he was supposed to be in Thor. A sub-mariner was supposed to be one of the Prehistoric Avengers. There's supposed to be an Atlantean arc. I guess we should just count our blessings.

Yes, the Marvel Snapshot is definitely a new fav! I'm very sad about the Betty's fate. I guess we're just supposed to ignore how her silver age appearances make zero sense every year that goes by.

Also worth mentioning, the Greg Pak and Thom Coker story in Marvel Presents, where Namor takes on the Hiroshima bomb. wow. As well as his What If? the Sub-Mariner Had Been Raised on Land?
    Honestly I hope whatever he has in store for Namor is quickly forgotten, he isn't a writer I trust with the character and I'm glad every time his plans for the character fall through. I'm sick of Namor being in Avengers stuff anyways because he is always used terribly these days.

YES I LOVE THOSE COMICS!!! Honestly Greg Pak's Namor always satisfies because he understands the character.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

One of my absolute fav reads and story arcs involving Namor was from late 80s John Buscema drawn Avengers . The story takes place post Hercules beat down causing coma lmao by the Masters of Evil , Zeus blames the Avengers and makes them prisoners on Olympus . I mean everyone including the power house God of Thunder . The only one not captive was Namor he proceeds to rescues our heroes. The whole story combined my fav characters, art and mythology all in one . It’s so good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    One of my absolute fav reads and story arcs involving Namor was from late 80s John Buscema drawn Avengers . The story takes place post Hercules beat down causing coma lmao by the Masters of Evil , Zeus blames the Avengers and makes them prisoners on Olympus . I mean everyone including the power house God of Thunder . The only one not captive was Namor he proceeds to rescues our heroes. The whole story combined my fav characters, art and mythology all in one . It’s so good!!!!
    Another fine choice! Stern's Avengers run is pure gold and his Namor was great to read. The mythology was cool, especially the Namor and Neptune interactions.

And that's an AMAZING slabbed copy of the issue. If it's yours congrats!

It turns out we aren't the only ones who loved that era of the Avengers. Here's an amazing piece that Brad Walker posted on twitter and Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Walker
    My favorite Avengers era (if not my favorite line up, though I do love all of them) was this era by Roger Stern, John Buscema, and Tom Palmer. It’s all so beautiful, you should read it. My favorite single issue of Avengers is issue 262, where Hercules picks a fight with Submariner to cheer him up. And Cap makes a touching revelation to Namor for a great ending.

And here's a close up of Namor giving Herc the side eye! LOL!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTAkWzZl..._web_copy_link

https://twitter.com/IAmBradWalker/st...005134340?s=20

Honestly I hope whatever he has in store for Namor is quickly forgotten, he isn't a writer I trust with the character and I'm glad every time his plans for the character fall through. I'm sick of Namor being in Avengers stuff anyways because he is always used terribly these days.
    I think most of the run is being ignored and forgotten. Aaron is a good writer. But his Avenger run ... I just don't know what happened. His Namor is going to be bad, because he's mostly using him to make other characters look good -- and I don't think he's read any Namor books.

YES I LOVE THOSE COMICS!!! Honestly Greg Pak's Namor always satisfies because he understands the character.

Of course, Pak does. He's biracial, himself.

Inhyuk Lee has revealed his last Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage variant cover and it is ... LOA!

https://twitter.com/inhyuklee/status...358323719?s=20

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was looking for something else and I came across the old 90's Marvel Team ups...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It turns out we aren't the only ones who loved that era of the Avengers. Here's an amazing piece that Brad Walker posted on twitter and Instagram.

And here's a close up of Namor giving Herc the side eye! LOL!

This was my favorite Avengers team.

*Just add She-Hulk.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-26-2021 at 05:33 PM.