Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    One of my absolute fav reads and story arcs involving Namor was from late 80s John Buscema drawn Avengers . The story takes place post Hercules beat down causing coma lmao by the Masters of Evil , Zeus blames the Avengers and makes them prisoners on Olympus . I mean everyone including the power house God of Thunder . The only one not captive was Namor he proceeds to rescues our heroes. The whole story combined my fav characters, art and mythology all in one . It’s so good!!!!

Isn't that Neptune on the cover holding Namor? I would think Neptune would have a closer bond with Namor than Hercules, but perhaps not?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Isn't that Neptune on the cover holding Namor? I would think Neptune would have a closer bond with Namor than Hercules, but perhaps not?
    Pretty sure...This is him being angry about what happened to Hercules. He blames the Avengers for what happened to him especially Namor.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Pretty sure...This is him being angry about what happened to Hercules. He blames the Avengers for what happened to him especially Namor.
    IIRC, while Neptune wasn't happy about Hercules, it was Zeus who was making him "turn" against Namor. This also resulted in Neptune and the other Greek gods being forbidden to interfere / communicate with the mortal world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

My impression was that Neptune was reluctant to capture Namor because it was Zeus who was angry and commanded his brother to bring Namor to him.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This was my favorite Avengers team.

*Just add She-Hulk.
    The Roger Stern era was awesome! So many great stories.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    My impression was that Neptune was reluctant to capture Namor because it was Zeus who was angry and commanded his brother to bring Namor to him.
    Okay, I knew it was really Zeus' fault. ;p

I was looking for something else and I came across the old 90's Marvel Team ups...

Oh no. Is this the prelude to .... Captain Atlantis??

I also love how Wong comes in and immediately assumes Namor did something to Doctor Strange. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I also love how Wong comes in and immediately assumes Namor did something to Doctor Strange. LOL!
    Yeah, going from villain to anti-hero to hero and back again you never know what Namor you are going to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

IIRC, while Neptune wasn't happy about Hercules, it was Zeus who was making him "turn" against Namor. This also resulted in Neptune and the other Greek gods being forbidden to interfere / communicate with the mortal world.
    Ah.. memory is fuzzy.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I recall that era of Avengers, Namor and Marrina were in newlywed bliss before Namor was snapped up by Neptune and taken because of what happened to Hercules. Speaking of Hercules I need another broship team up with Namor and Herc, they are so entertaining together!

I think most of the run is being ignored and forgotten. Aaron is a good writer. But his Avenger run ... I just don't know what happened. His Namor is going to be bad, because he's mostly using him to make other characters look good -- and I don't think he's read any Namor books.

Of course, Pak does. He's biracial, himself.
    I wish Marvel would give Pak a chance to write Namor in a series.

Yes, Marvel Team Up (1997) #8 Namor goes to Doctor Strange for help and in issue #9 Steve finds Namor and also the Captain Atlantis suit appears XD

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I recall that era of Avengers, Namor and Marrina were in newlywed bliss before Namor was snapped up by Neptune and taken because of what happened to Hercules. Speaking of Hercules I need another broship team up with Namor and Herc, they are so entertaining together!
    Once Marvel releases the Namor movie and he becomes the most popular MCU character EVER, then we can have a second Namor ongoing, sort of an anthology book, concentrating on his amazing team - ups! Herc and Namor! Namor and Jim Hammond! Namor and Emma! Namor and Magneto! Namor and Hulk! Namor and Doom! The possibilities and fun are endless!

I wish Marvel would give Pak a chance to write Namor in a series.
    I'm not sure he's interested, but I'd settle for a mini-series, at this point.

Yes, Marvel Team Up (1997) #8 Namor goes to Doctor Strange for help and in issue #9 Steve finds Namor and also the Captain Atlantis suit appears XD
    My eyes!!!

Yeah, going from villain to anti-hero to hero and back again you never know what Namor you are going to get?

Ah.. memory is fuzzy.
    Mine too. But I blame 80 plus years of Namor's history. ;p

I wonder how many times Wong has had to clean up the mess Namor (with the help of his fellow Defenders) have made of the Sanctum Sanctorum?

AMAZING photoshoot of NamorCosplay.

https://twitter.com/namorcosplay/sta...922212868?s=20

Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four , The 90's version, Jim Lee art and words, I think, though, the words may be Lobdell... Haven't read it in a while and I just snatched this off the net.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-01-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

AMAZING photoshoot of NamorCosplay.

https://twitter.com/namorcosplay/sta...922212868?s=20
    NamorCosplay's works are the highlight of fandom! I love seeing all their new photoshoots and honestly this one is so cool! It's just like the covers when Namor rushes an unfortunate enemy XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Not really keeping up with things, but interested.

Will Atlantis be mentioned in Eternals, anciently or otherwise?

I know, probably from some wrong-youtube.
    They will probably build Namor/Atlantis through some other movies, until they work out a deal for buying him back or similar to Sony/Spiderman?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all