Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

82 years ago today, Namor made his first Marvel appearance in Marvel Comics #1. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Last edited by Reviresco; 08-31-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    82 years ago today, Namor made his first Marvel appearance in Marvel Comics #1. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Yes Indeed. Happy 82nd Marvel Anniversay of Namor Adventures!

And in just under 6 months Namor will celebrate his 100th Birthday!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-31-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Now THAT should be a celebration to the max! Of course, we fans will have to do it, cause it ain't going happen with Marvel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Heroes Reborn Fantastic Four , The 90's version, Jim Lee art and words, I think, though, the words may be Lobdell... Haven't read it in a while and I just snatched this of the net.

Jim Lee does draw a pretty Namor, and I do appreciate that.

And there's the counter-earth Lady Dorma. Boy, she sure changes her tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    NamorCosplay's works are the highlight of fandom! I love seeing all their new photoshoots and honestly this one is so cool! It's just like the covers when Namor rushes an unfortunate enemy XD
    I do enjoy them when I catch them. And yes! Love how the water moves. His pose and that remind me of those WWII, in the periscope view pics of Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Not really keeping up with things, but interested.

Will Atlantis be mentioned in Eternals, anciently or otherwise?

I know, probably from some wrong-youtube.
    They will probably build Namor/Atlantis through some other movies, until they work out a deal for buying him back or similar to Sony/Spiderman?
    There's a lot of speculation that pre-cataclysm Atlantis will be in Eternals, so they can show the Celestials drowning it (and the Deviants).

My understanding is that the rights situation with Namor is very similar to the Hulk. IOW, Marvel owns the rights to use him and make movies, but they don't wholly own the distribution rights. And because they are greedy, they won't make any solo Hulk movies anymore, because they don't want to share the profits with Universal for distribution.

Spider-Man is a completely different rights situation, i.e. Sony owns the movie AND the distribution rights. Not sure why Disney Marvel is willing to share, but Spider-Man is a HUGE character in the MU, whereas Namor is sadly, no longer such.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I'm already working on a little something for the fans, 100 icons of Namor over the last 80 years, hope I can finish it in time for his 100th!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I'm already working on a little something for the fans, 100 icons of Namor over the last 80 years, hope I can finish it in time for his 100th!
    Ooh how nice! I hope you get it done.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Happy birthday, Namor! You sexy son of a bitch!

Yes he is! Happy Birthday Sub Mariner
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Happy birthday, Namor! You sexy son of a bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes he is! Happy Birthday Sub Mariner
    Lol, well it can be considered his birthday in a way, but it is really Namor's Anniversary appearance of 82 years.

Namor's "real" (100th) birthday will be in about 6 months on 02-22-2022.

That is awesome! Can't wait to see them. Once again, the fans come through, when Marvel FAILS utterly in these anniversary celebrations.

Marvel.com had a few things for yesterday, including 82 comics for 82 years ... with like 75% of the comics from 2000+. Some is seriously delusional over there if they think 75% of their "most influential" comics are from the last 20 years.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ay-celebration

Been thinking of a bit on the X-books. Do you think Namor and the Atlanteans should vacate Earth for a while? It just can't be that pleasant of a place to live anymore, with the climate change and pollution and constant attacks from the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Been thinking of a bit on the X-books. Do you think Namor and the Atlanteans should vacate Earth for a while? It just can't be that pleasant of a place to live anymore, with the climate change and pollution and constant attacks from the surface.
    Hmmn. That could be interesting to see "Atlanteans in Space"! Certainly, we would see more of their super-science and some new inventions!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

If anyone is reading Dark Ages for Namor, don't bother because spoilers:
    Atlantis is destroyed again! YOU WOULD THINK A CIVILIZATION THAT HAD THE MEANS OF TECH THAT ISN'T HUMAN AND ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN HUMANS WOULD BE EXEMPT BUT NOOO JUST ANOTHER AU WHATEVER EVENT WHERE NAMOR IS REDUCED TO ONE PAGE OF HIS CITY BEING DESTROYED AGAIN. i hate it here!
    end of spoilers anyways I'll keep an eye out for any more Namor but I am not hopeful at this point. :/
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

If anyone is reading Dark Ages for Namor, don't bother because spoilers:
    Atlantis is destroyed again! YOU WOULD THINK A CIVILIZATION THAT HAD THE MEANS OF TECH THAT ISN'T HUMAN AND ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN HUMANS WOULD BE EXEMPT BUT NOOO JUST ANOTHER AU WHATEVER EVENT WHERE NAMOR IS REDUCED TO ONE PAGE OF HIS CITY BEING DESTROYED AGAIN. i hate it here!
    end of spoilers anyways I'll keep an eye out for any more Namor but I am not hopeful at this point. :/
    Maybe another reason that the Atlanteans should go into space for a while....?