Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 313
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't have high hopes for this, especially given Zabu is given prominence over Namor, but it IS coming out next Wednesday.


    Well, we really do not want Namor to have the PF anyway, so I do not mind. Shanna would probably do the Savage Land some good with the PF though.

  2. #62
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, we really do not want Namor to have the PF anyway, so I do not mind. Shanna would probably do the Savage Land some good with the PF though.
    Not the way Aaron writes her and the Phoenix. O_O

    Good point on the PF and Namor. LOL!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Not the way Aaron writes her and the Phoenix. O_O

    Good point on the PF and Namor. LOL!
    I have not read Aaron, but I may get this if in TPB, since it is Phoenix-related.

    Then if I do not like it, I can write to Aaron and give him my Buddy Thor-El's comment: "Aaron, you do not know that there is already one winner of the Phoenix Force---and he is Phoenixx9!"
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-14-2021 at 12:28 PM.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Yes, I'm fortunate that I could retire and get a part time job near me (15 hours a week) and we are not open to the public, masks, distance, etc. I still worry. 2 coworkers on my team have both had corona in the last couple of months. And more people around me. I've known 8 or 9 or more folks who died. One was a co worker who was friendly to me, sort of my 'other' grandma, which is funny 'cuz I'm 65. But I'd known her for 15 or so years at that workplace (retired in July)
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  5. #65
    Incredible Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't have high hopes for this, especially given Zabu is given prominence over Namor, but it IS coming out next Wednesday.
    As someone who loves the Savage Land heroes, half of me is super excited to see Shanna and Zabu on the cover of an Avengers book, something that never happens, yet the other half of me is horrified that they're mixed up in this Phoenix nonsense.

    Plus, to be honest, as much as I love Namor, how could an artist resist a chance at drawing a huge saber-toothed cat prominently on a comic cover? I know I wouldn't be able to. I don't really think it's a knock against Namor.

  6. #66
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    As someone who loves the Savage Land heroes, half of me is super excited to see Shanna and Zabu on the cover of an Avengers book, something that never happens, yet the other half of me is horrified that they're mixed up in this Phoenix nonsense.

    Plus, to be honest, as much as I love Namor, how could an artist resist a chance at drawing a huge saber-toothed cat prominently on a comic cover? I know I wouldn't be able to. I don't really think it's a knock against Namor.
    We'll see. At this point, my 'faith' in Marvel treating Namor right is in the sub-basement. Aaron appears to be writing each issue from the PoV of one character. I doubt he'll write from Namor's PoV, but when he writes from Zabu's PoV instead, just imagine me yelling, "I told you so!" LOL!

    Hey, in your writing musing, have you given thought to the Atlantean connection with the Hidden Land?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #67
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, I'm fortunate that I could retire and get a part time job near me (15 hours a week) and we are not open to the public, masks, distance, etc. I still worry. 2 coworkers on my team have both had corona in the last couple of months. And more people around me. I've known 8 or 9 or more folks who died. One was a co worker who was friendly to me, sort of my 'other' grandma, which is funny 'cuz I'm 65. But I'd known her for 15 or so years at that workplace (retired in July)
    I'm so sorry that people you know have died. It truly is a horrifying. I don't understand why people don't take this seriously, or worse, think it is a hoax. I read an article that said we had over 4000 people die in one day this week, and said that was ELEVEN jumbo jets of people dying. In ONE day. It makes me sad and angry at the same time.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't have high hopes for this, especially given Zabu is given prominence over Namor, but it IS coming out next Wednesday.


    Someone posted online the latest Avengers issue where first Wolverine and then Captain America immobilize Namor and I'm so glad I didn't buy that issue. What garbage, sorry Jason Aaron but you cannot show Namor dominating the entire Avengers team one issue and then have him being pinned down by only Wolverine and then Cap. It is just so bad, I don't understand how he can make sense of it. I've read some of his God Butcher and it seems pretty good but this Avengers story is all over the place.

  9. #69
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, I'm fortunate that I could retire and get a part time job near me (15 hours a week) and we are not open to the public, masks, distance, etc. I still worry. 2 coworkers on my team have both had corona in the last couple of months. And more people around me. I've known 8 or 9 or more folks who died. One was a co worker who was friendly to me, sort of my 'other' grandma, which is funny 'cuz I'm 65. But I'd known her for 15 or so years at that workplace (retired in July)
    Wow, that is sad, sorry for the loss of those you knew. Please continue to protect yourself as much as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm so sorry that people you know have died. It truly is a horrifying. I don't understand why people don't take this seriously, or worse, think it is a hoax. I read an article that said we had over 4000 people die in one day this week, and said that was ELEVEN jumbo jets of people dying. In ONE day. It makes me sad and angry at the same time.
    I know, right?

    In my area of space, I feel like I am the only one trying to stay virus-free! The Corona stories I could tell you with people I have seen with my own eyes, defying what they should do/not do all the way from last March up to the present, would curl your toes!

    I feel the same way as you, Rev. I pray everyday for humanity to come out of this soon and with the ending of loss of life.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Someone posted online the latest Avengers issue where first Wolverine and then Captain America immobilize Namor and I'm so glad I didn't buy that issue. What garbage, sorry Jason Aaron but you cannot show Namor dominating the entire Avengers team one issue and then have him being pinned down by only Wolverine and then Cap. It is just so bad, I don't understand how he can make sense of it. I've read some of his God Butcher and it seems pretty good but this Avengers story is all over the place.
    I don't mean to spoiler anything, but could/did Cap and Wolverine have the PF? If not, yeah, that is just bad writing!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  11. #71
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't mean to spoiler anything, but could/did Cap and Wolverine have the PF? If not, yeah, that is just bad writing!
    At the time they were restraining Namor they did not have the Phoenix Force. Trust me this whole Phoenix arc is not worth buying for Namor.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  12. #72
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    David Lee McInnis for Namor is my latest Movie Fancast. He has it all! The acting skill, the arched brows, the widow's peak, and his last name is even Scottish like Namor's surfacer last name "McKenzie". As you all know I've been saying I wanted a biracial actor to play Namor and this actor is just so perfect for the role!





    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-15-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  13. #73
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    McInnis even once wore blue contacts (and a beard) for his role in Mr. Sunshine.



    Here is some gif sets of the actor
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, that is sad, sorry for the loss of those you knew. Please continue to protect yourself as much as possible.



    I know, right?

    In my area of space, I feel like I am the only one trying to stay virus-free! The Corona stories I could tell you with people I have seen with my own eyes, defying what they should do/not do all the way from last March up to the present, would curl your toes!

    I feel the same way as you, Rev. I pray everyday for humanity to come out of this soon and with the ending of loss of life.
    Thank you Namor-friends! My wife, not quite my age, close, had a co worker (she was forced to retire recently) who had 7 or 8 relatives/friends who died. 3 friends or acquaintances have had a parent die. I so worry about my mom, 86, on the other side of the state. I haven't seen her in over a year, for these reasons. My sibling takes care of her, but I tend to feel she is a non-believer for various reasons, so I'm worried. I now qualify to get a vaccine but the phone lines are overloaded, so I may try again soon. On a brighter note

    though clearly not in Thor-El's class, I've been a long time gym/weigh person. I'm mostly always worked on my back issues and just general tone and such. But I too have missed the gyms and won't be back possibly for a long time.

    So we bought bikes today and intend to ride and get our exercise assisted with those.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    McInnis even once wore blue contacts (and a beard) for his role in Mr. Sunshine.



    Here is some gif sets of the actor
    Now that convinces me. Namor should have blue eyes.

    Yes, I'm that picky about eyes. Every time I watch the new Star Trek movies I look at "Kirk" and "McCoy" and think they have each other's eye/color. Shatner was a brown eye and DeKelly had those piercing blue eyes.

    I almost always remember anyone's eye colors. And it seems important to me; if contacts can do it, why not?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •