Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

ImperiusWrecked I just followed your other Tumblr.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Because I believe in magic and synchronicities I've always felt that presence around the main idea or trope of 'Namor'.

Ages ago when some fanzine (Alter-ego?) suggested that Namor's perfect birthday would be 2/22/1922, making him a Pisces, which is so perfect but also the numerology with all those '2's. 2 alone represents an intuitive feeling emotional type personality. 22 is considered a "master number" and of course there would be 2 22s: 2/22/22 (well 5 really).

Namor is/was the answer to DC's Superman. Namor is the essential first attempt at recreating Superman by another company (well there were more no doubt, but some stuck better).

He is a strange visitor from another world and he is nearly the best, but these days, for a long time, jobbed and relegated to a different thing.

Maybe it always would have happened that way? Namor was tamed into the regular types of stories that his cohorts Cap and Torch and others had.

But I think in the beginning he was Superman and that is awesome
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

An unfolding storyline in the pages of Matt Fraction's Defenders revealed that more than 100 years earlier Prince Namor's mother had banded together with an unusual array of pulp-era adventurers, including Captain Nemo. A key piece of evidence emerged in Defenders #5, when the modern heroes discovered the remains of the Nautilus submarine from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Mysterious Island, specifically a photograph of the fabled captain which led to a discussion between Namor and Red She-Hulk about a resemblance between the two prompting her to ask "Could he be your father?" Did anything come of this, and what do fans think, e.g. misguided?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    ImperiusWrecked I just followed your other Tumblr.
    Just followed back! I post a lot of random stuff on that personal blog, so it's not like the Namor one which is only for Namor stuff XD

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    An unfolding storyline in the pages of Matt Fraction's Defenders revealed that more than 100 years earlier Prince Namor's mother had banded together with an unusual array of pulp-era adventurers, including Captain Nemo. A key piece of evidence emerged in Defenders #5, when the modern heroes discovered the remains of the Nautilus submarine from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Mysterious Island, specifically a photograph of the fabled captain which led to a discussion between Namor and Red She-Hulk about a resemblance between the two prompting her to ask "Could he be your father?" Did anything come of this, and what do fans think, e.g. misguided?
    It makes no sense nor does it aid nor contribute anything to the origin of Namor for him to have Captain Nemo as his father. I honestly do not want Namor's father to change because his father isn't important to the story other than the fact he is 1) An ordinary Surface Human (yes he passed the X Gene onto Namor but it was dormant in Leonard) 2) Having Captain Nemo red herring or questioning panels is easily explained as Princess Fen perhaps in a love triangle or polyamorous relationship with the two men.

I do love the idea of Fen and McKenzie going on adventures during the short time they were together when she was supposed to have been spying on the humans. However ultimately the attempt to retcon McKenzie out and Nemo in as Namor's father failed because there is too much established canon stating Leonard McKenzie is his father and in the end it really doesn't matter because Namor's father is not an important part of his upbringing or character development so why change it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yes, that.

But even the 1920s or so would be fertile ground for steampunk, so be it. Maybe steampunk themes would make Namor more popular. I missed this version of Defenders, maybe I can look it up.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Greetings Atlanteans! Hope everyone has had a good year. I continue waiting for a Namor solo, honestly I lost my interest in the last mini series and still have to buy and read the last issues. Although it looks like a good story overall, after all is Busiek, the man cannot get below B- but I was not too interested in reading about baby Namor and how him and Attuma were best pals but I caught some spoilers getting up to date with the latest posts about a Lady Dorma return hinted in the series. If so my interest got spiked and that bit gets my two thumbs up and hoping it does happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Greetings Atlanteans! Hope everyone has had a good year. I continue waiting for a Namor solo, honestly I lost my interest in the last mini series and still have to buy and read the last issues. Although it looks like a good story overall, after all is Busiek, the man cannot get below B- but I was not too interested in reading about baby Namor and how him and Attuma were best pals but I caught some spoilers getting up to date with the latest posts about a Lady Dorma return hinted in the series. If so my interest got spiked and that bit gets my two thumbs up and hoping it does happens.

Hey! Hello there, my Atlantean Friend!

So GLAD to hear from you and to see you post here!

Not sure if you heard, but there is a Defenders Omnibus which captures all of Namor's original appearances with them, including a few of his old comic as well. There is an alternate Molino cover which is the Best!

Also, reminder, Namor's 100th Birthday will be forthcoming on 02-22-2022, just a few short months from now! Yay! Maybe Marvel will have something worthy planned for our Sea Prince?

I have been using that wonderful quote of yours that you gave me virtually 1 year ago as a signature!

Welcome back!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

THOR-EL!!! So good to see you!

YES! We many of us hope the dangling plot line isn't forgotten and we get Lady Dorma back to help fight the Black Tide. They'd make a worthy adversary for adult Namor. Love that Sal Buscema panel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey! Hello there, my Atlantean Friend!

So GLAD to hear from you and to see you post here!

Not sure if you heard, but there is a Defenders Omnibus which captures all of Namor's original appearances with them, including a few of his old comic as well. There is an alternate Molino cover which is the Best!

Also, reminder, Namor's 100th Birthday will be forthcoming on 02-22-2022, just a few short months from now! Yay! Maybe Marvel will have something worthy planned for our Sea Prince?

I have been using that wonderful quote of yours that you gave me virtually 1 year ago as a signature!

Welcome back!!
    Thank you Phoenixx9! Yes, I hope Marvel does something special for Namor for his 100th anniversary, they can start by giving him back his iconic look and a new ongoing series! And resurrecting his cast like Lady Dorma and Vashti. We can never loose hope! And I'm honored you are using my quote in your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    THOR-EL!!! So good to see you!

YES! We many of us hope the dangling plot line isn't forgotten and we get Lady Dorma back to help fight the Black Tide. They'd make a worthy adversary for adult Namor. Love that Sal Buscema panel.
    My dear Rev! Love the welcoming! Very oceanic and Namor like! Missed you guys too! Hopefully Marvel will get something special for Namor going, if as rumored he is going to be in Black Panther 2 for sure we will start seeing more Namor sooner than later. I think we are just experiencing the calm before the storm.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Gorgeous Bryne page!

Thank you Phoenixx9! Yes, I hope Marvel does something special for Namor for his 100th anniversary, they can start by giving him back his iconic look and a new ongoing series! And resurrecting his cast like Lady Dorma and Vashti. We can never loose hope! And I'm honored you are using my quote in your signature!

My dear Rev! Love the welcoming! Very oceanic and Namor like! Missed you guys too! Hopefully Marvel will get something special for Namor going, if as rumored he is going to be in Black Panther 2 for sure we will start seeing more Namor sooner than later. I think we are just experiencing the calm before the storm.
    Well we've missed you!

I'd definitely vote for a return to the speedo.

I really don't understand why Marvel doesn't do more with Namor, IF they have the movie rights. All this talk about creator estates trying to reclaim rights to Marvel characters makes me wonder if that doesn't have something to do with how editorial treats Namor. I don't understand all the legalese, but Namor is unique amongst Marvel characters, in that his creation precedes Marvel. He was NOT created for Marvel, so does he really count as work for hire? I don't think so.

Regardless, I fear it will be up to Namor's fans again, to celebrate his 100th birthday.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

If you have an extra $150 bucks to spend in November ...

Featuring an outstanding sampling of Big John Buscema’s classic stories, covers, and interior pages from the mid 1960s to the later ‘70s, all in the groundbreaking and multi-Eisner Award-winning Artist’s Edition format!

Buscema was a true “artist’s artist,” his stellar anatomy, coupled with dynamic storytelling, made him one of the most revered and respected artists in the Marvel Pantheon. This volume will contain several complete stories (including Avengers and Sub-Mariner), plus incredible examples of art from his runs on Avengers, Fantastic Four, Thor, Sub-Mariner, and more. There will be a gallery section chock full of covers. And, as with all Artist’s Editions, all the art in this book has been scanned from Buscema’s originals, enabling the reader to be able to clearly view each page as never before—clearly seeing pencils, editorial notations, ink gradients, more—all the little details and nuances that makes original art unique. Unless you were looking over John Buscema’s shoulder in his studio, you’ll never have a better opportunity than this to see his artwork as it truly looks!

BONUS—This book will feature several foldouts presenting a number of Buscema’s early, larger covers at full size—a true treat for art lovers!
    https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...tists-edition/

These IDW Artists Editions are awesome! It's like having a bound book of original art -- pages are at least 11 x 17 inches. I lucked up on a sale and have a couple of these, but this will be the first one I know of that will have Namor art! I suspect the complete Sub-Mariner story will be issue #3, IIRC. I know there was some lucky devil that had all the pages for an entire issue of Buscema's Subby, and I think he sold them together to one buyer. I haven't seen any previews, yet.

now that's America's Arse!
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    now that's America's Arse!
    LOL! I'm sure Namor feels it is Atlantis' Arse. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! I'm sure Namor feels it is Atlantis' Arse. ;p
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!