Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Has there been any followup interaction between Stingray and Namor since Namor almost killed him?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Now that convinces me. Namor should have blue eyes.

Yes, I'm that picky about eyes. Every time I watch the new Star Trek movies I look at "Kirk" and "McCoy" and think they have each other's eye/color. Shatner was a brown eye and DeKelly had those piercing blue eyes.

I almost always remember anyone's eye colors. And it seems important to me; if contacts can do it, why not?
    I'm always checking Doom art to see if they got the brown eyes right. lol. I like green eyes for Namor better, he's been drawn with it a few times in the comics, but blue eyes is good too.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Has there been any followup interaction between Stingray and Namor since Namor almost killed him?
    None that I'm aware of, sorry
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Now fully underway, Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman’s KING IN BLACK has taken the entire Marvel Universe by storm! And in April, the year’s most talked-about event will explode in the pages of Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS. Featuring art by Luca Maresca (MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT STRIKES), AVENGERS #45 will star Blade and a vampire army taking on Knull’s forces.
    The vampire hunter has been at the forefront of battles throughout KING IN BLACK and now the vampire hunter will pay a dark price that will change his world forever. Setting up Blade and the Avengers for what’s to come, AVENGERS #45 is a key chapter in the KING IN BLACK saga that fans won’t want to miss. Check out the cover by Cory Smith below!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-king-in-black

three of the oldest characters in the MArvel Universe. Dracula's probably much older then Namor and Blade
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

three of the oldest characters in the MArvel Universe. Dracula's probably much older then Namor and Blade
    Marvel's Dracula went from the "Classical" Dracula look, to their "super-villain" look, to now an aged and tired looking vampire!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Marvel's Dracula went from the "Classical" Dracula look, to their "super-villain" look, to now an aged and tired looking vampire!
    I originally thought that look was simply a ruse to trick the Russians into giving the vampires their own country. However, seeing as he's kept this look for a bit now, maybe Marvel just feels it's a more viable design for his inevitable live action look.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm always checking Doom art to see if they got the brown eyes right. lol. I like green eyes for Namor better, he's been drawn with it a few times in the comics, but blue eyes is good too.
    Green for Namor would do. My own eyes are a drab grey-blue, but when I wear green or bluer-blues, they seem to reflect those, so they may almost look green.

At any rate, Sue and Johnny are blue eyed. Reed is brown eyed. Ben is blue eyed (I have def seen otherwise, and it is like chalkboard screeching, arrrrrgh).

Spidey is brown eyed. Cap is blue eyed. And so on.

My guess would be most underwater types have blue/green eyes, due to the filters/membranes around them. I guess that is not science.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I recently added Namor/King to my pulls. I'd been down quite a bit, even longer than the current year; just FF mostly.

So I may buy this in TPB, - I've missed the last year or so of Dracula/Blade/others in the Avengers and those plots.

I personally don't like Namor so often being this kind of spoiler.

But I mostly enjoyed the recent Invaders story with Namor and a lot of his past, the soldier/family he befriended.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

And now as an aged (lol, 65) vampire-like guy, I really miss his original look and story line from the long ago Tomb of Dracula.

Make way for the new!
    ~ Oberon ~

And now as an aged (lol, 65) vampire-like guy, I really miss his original look and story line from the long ago Tomb of Dracula.

Make way for the new!
    Ooh, sorry, my apologies! I meant no disrespect towards the older folks anywhere! (Not even Dracula.)

It was just that his previous look was vibrant, almost alien, his skin a bluish-white with long whitish hair and very powerfully shown. I am surprised that he has changed so much.

On Blade's shoulder is Boy-Thing whom he just lets sit there because, well, he "can't touch that!"
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-15-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I recently added Namor/King to my pulls. I'd been down quite a bit, even longer than the current year; just FF mostly.

So I may buy this in TPB, - I've missed the last year or so of Dracula/Blade/others in the Avengers and those plots.

I personally don't like Namor so often being this kind of spoiler.

But I mostly enjoyed the recent Invaders story with Namor and a lot of his past, the soldier/family he befriended.
    I'd argue that Avengers vampire arc is by far the best arc of the current run. I wouldn't it's groundbreaking but its a fun story and gives some fresh new elements to Blade and the Marvel vampires. Let's face it MU vampires have been kind of stale for a while and this arc serves to spice things up a little bit. Also it introduces a new character Boy-thing, which may or may not be piggybacking off of the Baby Yoda idea.

The other arcs of Avengers are very hit or miss depending who you ask. I'll wait until Aaron's done his run to see where he takes Namor, but going by the second arc to the current arc his characterization has bee a somewhat inconsistent. There might be a story explination for this, but I won't go into details for spoiler reaosns.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Thank you Namor-friends! My wife, not quite my age, close, had a co worker (she was forced to retire recently) who had 7 or 8 relatives/friends who died. 3 friends or acquaintances have had a parent die. I so worry about my mom, 86, on the other side of the state. I haven't seen her in over a year, for these reasons. My sibling takes care of her, but I tend to feel she is a non-believer for various reasons, so I'm worried. I now qualify to get a vaccine but the phone lines are overloaded, so I may try again soon. On a brighter note

though clearly not in Thor-El's class, I've been a long time gym/weigh person. I'm mostly always worked on my back issues and just general tone and such. But I too have missed the gyms and won't be back possibly for a long time.

So we bought bikes today and intend to ride and get our exercise assisted with those.
    I feel your pain Oberon. I also have a mother I can't see because of the same reasons but thank God my sisters take care of her. I was just talking to my daughter about depression, its harder for younger people because they need their social life more. I'm a graphic artist so I'm more used to being long hours in the computer and still after almost a year I feel it more. But exercise will also help get those endorphins, dopamine and serotonin out. Congratulations on the new bikes, best investment you can do, specially in these times!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    David Lee McInnis for Namor is my latest Movie Fancast. He has it all! The acting skill, the arched brows, the widow's peak, and his last name is even Scottish like Namor's surfacer last name "McKenzie". As you all know I've been saying I wanted a biracial actor to play Namor and this actor is just so perfect for the role!

I can get behind this casting because he does looks like Namor. But I can only hope Marvel is not looking for an Asian actor to cast as Namor but an actor that besides his good acting looks the part.

Thanks for your support, and everyone.
    ~ Oberon ~

Make way for the new!
    Ooh, sorry, my apologies! I meant no disrespect towards the older folks anywhere! (Not even Dracula.)

It was just that his previous look was vibrant, almost alien, his skin a bluish-white with long whitish hair and very powerfully shown. I am surprised that he has changed so much.

On Blade's shoulder is Boy-Thing whom he just lets sit there because, well, he "can't touch that!"
    Personally, no one's been able to render Dracula better than Gene Colan. Truly legendary (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-16-2021 at 12:04 AM.