Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    We'll see. At this point, my 'faith' in Marvel treating Namor right is in the sub-basement. Aaron appears to be writing each issue from the PoV of one character. I doubt he'll write from Namor's PoV, but when he writes from Zabu's PoV instead, just imagine me yelling, "I told you so!" LOL!
    I completely understand where you're coming from, but as someone unlucky enough to be a fan of many of the Marvel characters that always seem to be neglected, like Namor and Ka-Zar etc, I don't get upset when at least one of them gets a moment in the spotlight. I don't feel it's an "either or" situation, like Man-Thing getting a mini is the reason Namor isn't etc etc. That being said, I totally agree with the sentiment and frustration.

Hey, in your writing musing, have you given thought to the Atlantean connection with the Hidden Land?
    If you mean the Savage Land/Pangea, it's something I've thought about a lot, and have had many different ideas about how to tackle the problem. Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis can be connected to the Savage Land in more than one way, and should be imo. The first, biggest problem is trying to iron out how exactly the Savage Land/Pangea came about to begin with. I certainly dismiss the origin with the hideously designed aliens that were commissioned to create the Savage Land for The Beyonders with some unknown motive. This origin was tacked on the the very end of the "Ka-Zar The Savage" series in the 80s as it was cancelled and can be dismissed as a dream. Ultimately though, this issue can be ignored or left mysterious, as whatever the answer may be, it wasn't the Atlanteans that created the place. So, however the Savage Land came to be, it was eventually discovered and colonized by the Ancient Atlanteans. How and why they came to the Savage Land, and why they left Atlantis to begin with are all shrouded in mystery. All of the humans that currently live in the Savage Land, whether they live in ancient city kingdoms or have reverted to tribal and hunter-gatherer life, are all direct descendants of the Pre-Cataclysm Atlanteans. They are cousins to Namor and the oceanic Atlantean peoples. This place and it's people should be of great interest to Namor and Atlantis. How did these Pangean Atlanteans escape the Cataclysm? Why did they travel to this place? Did they know something? Did they break away from the Ancient Atlantis for some reason? What caused the Cataclysm? The Celestials? If so, why? We know Ancient Lemuria has connections to the Deviants, did Ancient Atlantis have connections to the Eternals? Did something happen between these races that brought about Celestial wrath? Once the Celestials destroyed Atlantis and Lemuria, why didn't the survivors seek out Pangea? Why did they turn to living in the sea? HOW did they do this? Was this something that was developing before the Cataclysm? These are a LOT of questions LOL, but within the questions you begin to see the endless room for creating fun and interesting stories. Namor, Atlantis, The Savage Land/Pangea, Pre-Cataclysmic Atlantis, The Eternals and Celestials are all connected and probably my favourite little underdeveloped corner of the Marvel Universe.

You want to have a fun story that connects Namor and the Savage Land and creates all kinds of interesting drama between Namor and the Marvel Universe status-quo? Have Namor declare Pangea an Atlantean Dominion and part of sovereign Empire of Atlantis. Have Namor claim Pangea, the land and it's people as property and subjects of Atlantis. Have Namor declare himself King of The Savage Land and watch heads explode all over the world.

I don't want to bore anyone with a wall of text, but yeah, there's lots of room for stories in this area, I have lots of ideas about it. Unless, of course, you didn't mean the Savage Land by "The Hidden Land", then you can just ignore this post LOL

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, no one's been able to render Dracula better than Gene Colan. Truly legendary (IMHO):
    This is completely true, but it's also true that this Dracula design just doesn't work outside Colan drawing it. It's the very reason the character has struggled ever since.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I completely understand where you're coming from, but as someone unlucky enough to be a fan of many of the Marvel characters that always seem to be neglected, like Namor and Ka-Zar etc, I don't get upset when at least one of them gets a moment in the spotlight. I don't feel it's an "either or" situation, like Man-Thing getting a mini is the reason Namor isn't etc etc. That being said, I totally agree with the sentiment and frustration.

If you mean the Savage Land/Pangea, it's something I've thought about a lot, and have had many different ideas about how to tackle the problem. Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis can be connected to the Savage Land in more than one way, and should be imo. The first, biggest problem is trying to iron out how exactly the Savage Land/Pangea came about to begin with. I certainly dismiss the origin with the hideously designed aliens that were commissioned to create the Savage Land for The Beyonders with some unknown motive. This origin was tacked on the the very end of the "Ka-Zar The Savage" series in the 80s as it was cancelled and can be dismissed as a dream. Ultimately though, this issue can be ignored or left mysterious, as whatever the answer may be, it wasn't the Atlanteans that created the place. So, however the Savage Land came to be, it was eventually discovered and colonized by the Ancient Atlanteans. How and why they came to the Savage Land, and why they left Atlantis to begin with are all shrouded in mystery. All of the humans that currently live in the Savage Land, whether they live in ancient city kingdoms or have reverted to tribal and hunter-gatherer life, are all direct descendants of the Pre-Cataclysm Atlanteans. They are cousins to Namor and the oceanic Atlantean peoples. This place and it's people should be of great interest to Namor and Atlantis. How did these Pangean Atlanteans escape the Cataclysm? Why did they travel to this place? Did they know something? Did they break away from the Ancient Atlantis for some reason? What caused the Cataclysm? The Celestials? If so, why? We know Ancient Lemuria has connections to the Deviants, did Ancient Atlantis have connections to the Eternals? Did something happen between these races that brought about Celestial wrath? Once the Celestials destroyed Atlantis and Lemuria, why didn't the survivors seek out Pangea? Why did they turn to living in the sea? HOW did they do this? Was this something that was developing before the Cataclysm? These are a LOT of questions LOL, but within the questions you begin to see the endless room for creating fun and interesting stories. Namor, Atlantis, The Savage Land/Pangea, Pre-Cataclysmic Atlantis, The Eternals and Celestials are all connected and probably my favourite little underdeveloped corner of the Marvel Universe.

You want to have a fun story that connects Namor and the Savage Land and creates all kinds of interesting drama between Namor and the Marvel Universe status-quo? Have Namor declare Pangea an Atlantean Dominion and part of sovereign Empire of Atlantis. Have Namor claim Pangea, the land and it's people as property and subjects of Atlantis. Have Namor declare himself King of The Savage Land and watch heads explode all over the world.

I don't want to bore anyone with a wall of text, but yeah, there's lots of room for stories in this area, I have lots of ideas about it. Unless, of course, you didn't mean the Savage Land by "The Hidden Land", then you can just ignore this post LOL
    I think another world/area that has been severely undeveloped that lands in Namor's realm is the Sargasso Sea, where time travel stuff happened, I often think of it as Atlantis's Savage land type of world that could use more development. So many time travel adventures and threats could be had. But going back to your whole connection theory I feel its very valid nd would be interesting to see it. I think that the Golden Age of Atlantis should come before anything on earth and should be closely tied to the earth. Atlanteans could have been an isolated society much like how Wakanda was with the rest of the continent. The Savage Land could have been born of an Atlantean science study to see how the world would be if it was trapped in time/lost to time etc. The connections between the oldest civilizations would be very interesting but I really feel like stuff with the Kree and Inhumans would have been long after Atlantis fell.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

For the most part, I'd rather leave anything to do with the Inhumans and the Kree off to the side. I know there's some loose connections there, but I don't find that area of Marvel nearly as interesting and and rather it not get tangled with the Atlantis mythos. Is the Hidden Land is another name for the Great Refuge? Did I forget that bit of info?

Although I'm not at all opposed to time travel stories and involving the Saragasso Sea would be great, for my own part, I'd rather not have the creation of the Savage Land have anything to do with time travel. It may seem like the obvious choice, but maybe too obvious. I'd much rather something more interesting and fantastic. (not that time travel isn't fantastic.)

I think that the Golden Age of Atlantis should come before anything on earth and should be closely tied to the earth - I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

For the most part, I'd rather leave anything to do with the Inhumans and the Kree off to the side. I know there's some loose connections there, but I don't find that area of Marvel nearly as interesting and and rather it not get tangled with the Atlantis mythos. Is the Hidden Land is another name for the Great Refuge? Did I forget that bit of info?

Although I'm not at all opposed to time travel stories and involving the Saragasso Sea would be great, for my own part, I'd rather not have the creation of the Savage Land have anything to do with time travel. It may seem like the obvious choice, but maybe too obvious. I'd much rather something more interesting and fantastic. (not that time travel isn't fantastic.)

I think that the Golden Age of Atlantis should come before anything on earth and should be closely tied to the earth - I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.
    I agree with that Inhuman comment, like I just wanted to throw it out there on my last comment that if Marvel wanted to connect Inhumans with Atlantis it should come way after the Fall, not before, Atlantis shouldn't be a product of the Kree or Inhumans or anything to do with the cosmic side.

That is what I kinda wanted to say with that highlighted statement, Atlantis should always be the first most advanced civilization in the Marvel Universe history, it should be closely tied to the earth and NOT with the cosmic side such as Kree, Skrulls, Eternals, etc. It should have magic and tech working side by side that comes from earth and not another planet. I love all kinds of sci fi and fantasy but I feel that making Atlantis become tied with the cosmic side diminishes its uniqueness even more.

The loss of generations of knowledge from Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis should be a never healing scar on the descendants of today's Atlantis and a reflection of the current situation of Atlantis being constantly destroyed with lives and knowledge lost.

The Saragasso Sea totally doesn't have to be tied to the savage land but I just generally want to see more of it in the comics, like you know how often people end up in the savage land? like that but foe the saragasso sea, lol. Just more time hopping adventures through eras that connect with the water/ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree with that Inhuman comment, like I just wanted to throw it out there on my last comment that if Marvel wanted to connect Inhumans with Atlantis it should come way after the Fall, not before, Atlantis shouldn't be a product of the Kree or Inhumans or anything to do with the cosmic side.

That is what I kinda wanted to say with that highlighted statement, Atlantis should always be the first most advanced civilization in the Marvel Universe history, it should be closely tied to the earth and NOT with the cosmic side such as Kree, Skrulls, Eternals, etc. It should have magic and tech working side by side that comes from earth and not another planet. I love all kinds of sci fi and fantasy but I feel that making Atlantis become tied with the cosmic side diminishes its uniqueness even more.

The loss of generations of knowledge from Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis should be a never healing scar on the descendants of today's Atlantis and a reflection of the current situation of Atlantis being constantly destroyed with lives and knowledge lost.

The Saragasso Sea totally doesn't have to be tied to the savage land but I just generally want to see more of it in the comics, like you know how often people end up in the savage land? like that but foe the saragasso sea, lol. Just more time hopping adventures through eras that connect with the water/ocean.
    Oh okay, I very much agree for the most part. The only difference being, the Cataclysm involves the Celestials, so there is at least a small cosmic connection to Atlantis. I cannot imagine the Celestials causing such a catastrophe without some involvement with the Eternals and/or Deviants. Also, that connection should not be somehow promethean at all, I do not want or like the idea of the Eternals or Celestials being the source of Atlantean civilization, just that at some point, the Atlanteans make contact with the Eternals and Deviants, which may have been kindling to an eventual Celestial fire. That has to be a reason that the world in general was spared, but Atlantis and Lemuria were destroyed by the Celestials.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

CBR's Brian Cronin just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin/sta...13167288594436

"The X-Men won't admit it, but they totally stole the Fastball Special from that famed dynamic duo, Namor and Hercules (from Sub-Mariner #29 by Roy Thomas, Sal Buscema and Joe Gaudioso)."

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

"The X-Men won't admit it, but they totally stole the Fastball Special from that famed dynamic duo, Namor and Hercules (from Sub-Mariner #29 by Roy Thomas, Sal Buscema and Joe Gaudioso)."

I'm so glad when credit is being given where credit is due.

Namor and Hercules together are hilarious, I think the Invaders is important because it ties with the Golden Age, those first Defenders issues are classic but Namor in the Avengers by Stern and Buscema is one of my favorite Avengers run because of Namor and Hercules dynamic.

Since Namor doesn't get as much merch as other characters I was very surprised to find this $5 graphic tee at 5 Below today! I definitely bought a few

Oh okay, I very much agree for the most part. The only difference being, the Cataclysm involves the Celestials, so there is at least a small cosmic connection to Atlantis. I cannot imagine the Celestials causing such a catastrophe without some involvement with the Eternals and/or Deviants. Also, that connection should not be somehow promethean at all, I do not want or like the idea of the Eternals or Celestials being the source of Atlantean civilization, just that at some point, the Atlanteans make contact with the Eternals and Deviants, which may have been kindling to an eventual Celestial fire. That has to be a reason that the world in general was spared, but Atlantis and Lemuria were destroyed by the Celestials.
    I wouldn't mind some small Celestial connection of course and the deviants are connected to Atlantis and Lemuria as well, so long as Marvel doesn't try to insist that all of Atlantis's advancement was due to cosmic interference like the Inhumans are. I generally ignore the Pak's Hercules/Atlanteans/Amazons story where it's stated Atlantis's greed and power was why Atlantis fell. I just want Marvel to focus on Atlantis's backstory as its own thing. Also another reason why I really disliked Zardarsky's Invaders/Best defense story is because it claimed that Atlanteans are aliens from a water world that came through a portal. Other plots have the Atlanteans as an evolved form of sea creatures, and the Marvel Universe comic states it was a magical change. So many writers have taken a crack at the Atlantean History pre-cataclysm and all it's left us fans with is a mish mash of stories that make no connective sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I love those two together! They are so alike they should have been friends!

Since Namor doesn't get as much merch as other characters I was very surprised to find this $5 graphic tee at 5 Below today! I definitely bought a few

Great find! Enjoy them. Besides Namor, I find it odd/interesting that Spider-Woman (Jessica) made it on and especially with Spidey there too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Awesome Namor cosplay! instagram / twitter

Mighty Member

Awesome Namor cosplay! instagram / twitter

You beat me to it, I was going to post it! That is "Namorcosplay" in instagram, we follow each other. The guy is simply great! He has been slowly unveiling his Namor with latest costume cosplay which is amazing!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Heads up!

Yes, Namor appears briefly in Avengers 41 and it is the expected crap interpretation of our sea prince. However, he also appears in X-Force 16 today, and that was pretty awesome.

SPOILERS are here:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-x-force-na...reaten-krakoa/

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/20/ma...er-x-force-16/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-04-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Boy am I hearing my ears buzzing, don't have the energy to deal with it, but has anyone also mentioned that other, older Atlantis, that Hickman had the FF discover?

After all, everything is connected. It really is, and it will probably come up again. I agree that some sloppy stuff happened with the Savage Land at the end of Ka-zar's very old series, which I mostly loved.

I've always argued for the logic that so much vast time has happened and so many colonies and other kingdoms and sub groups of all these folks have occurred that it would be a matter of fact that there are genetic mixings, some shared culture and ideas, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all