Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1313

Good, I hope you stick around and post more. And thanks, I'm glad you liked the sketches I posed. I might post more sometime. I didn't think you saw them, as I was sure you blocked me like a year ago LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A question to everyone; What is your one MOST FAVORITE piece of Namor art, what art do you enjoy the most?

For me it is this piece by Terese Nielsen in which Prince Namor uses the Horn of Proteus to summon Giganto.

Edit to add: Why I enjoy this art is because it gives off such a great feeling of Namor being an otherworldly being, I love the motion of him breaking from the waves and the colors add to this eerie aura of mystery and strangeness. I feel this really captures how Namor is a prince from an underwater realm.
    I don't think I've ever seen this before. Was it originally trading card art? That's one serious looking Horn of Proteus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    When I used the terms "unfair" and "almost accusatory" I was not talking about you, Thor-El the person, I was talking about the argument you're making, which I've heard before. And what I meant by it is, by taking any random artist's work, and because they happen to be white, they are now part of this specific group, that represents for this specific thing, almost like they now get a flag and are told you stand here on this side of the line. Those other artists, they stand over there on that side of the line, with "black" art, or over there with "asian" art. As if Takashi Murakami would consider himself an "Oriental" artist simply because he's Japanese. Art and culture just don't work like that.
    Never meant to say artwork is exclusive of an ethnicity, but every art style does have a start with a specific group of people. I'm applying that to Namor as a character that should have inherited a DNA that belongs to his creator and the preoccupations of his time. Sometimes and idea gets passed from one person to another until it stops being what it originally was and that's what I'm afraid has happened with Namor and many other Marvel characters through their decades of publication.

Mighty Member

Good, I hope you stick around and post more. And thanks, I'm glad you liked the sketches I posed. I might post more sometime. I didn't think you saw them, as I was sure you blocked me like a year ago LOL
    LOL, I thought blocked worked better in CBR but if you don't log in you can see everything, so the only good use seems to be to prevent another user to quote you easily and it still can be done with copy and paste. But I unblocked you like a week ago, close to when I started to post again. Besides you Doombots can probably hack the system and circumvent every technology so it was really hopeless.

But yes your Namor was very good and the design of the enemy from the 90s run that I forget his name now was also very good and original. I really liked your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    LOL, I thought blocked worked better in CBR but if you don't log in you can see everything, so the only good use seems to be to prevent another user to quote you easily and it still can be done with copy and paste. But I unblocked you like a week ago, close to when I started to post again. Besides you Doombots can probably hack the system and circumvent every technology so it was really hopeless.

But yes your Namor was very good and the design of the enemy from the 90s run that I forget his name now was also very good and original. I really liked your style.
    Haha ah yes, Suma-Ket. One of my favourites. I'm one of like 3 people who love that villain, I think about him too often it's disturbing.

How's your own art going these days, Thor-El?
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-21-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Mighty Member

Haha ah yes, Suma-Ket. One of my favourites. I'm one of like 3 people who love that villain, I think about him too often it's disturbing.
    LOL

How's your own art going these days, Thor-El?
    Its going good. I've been putting too much time into special non-paying personal projects, or barely paying I should say. One such is my Namor fan fiction which I finished the 138 illustrations for it May 14th of this year. I have three main heroes I wrote about, two are original and then there is Namor which is fan-fiction and will never really be something I can do much with because he belongs to Marvel but I like the character so I sacrifice. ;P

LOL
    Its going good. I've been putting too much time into special non-paying personal projects, or barely paying I should say. One such is my Namor fan fiction which I finished the 138 illustrations for it May 14th of this year. I have three main heroes I wrote about, two are original and then there is Namor which is fan-fiction and will never really be something I can do much with because he belongs to Marvel but I like the character so I sacrifice. ;P
    Hey Thor-El. You know I love those Namor figures you create ( I do not know what to call them) fighting various Marvel characters. I think the last one I saw was Namor vs Mangog. I would love to see more of these!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Thor-El. You know I love those Namor figures you create ( I do not know what to call them) fighting various Marvel characters. I think the last one I saw was Namor vs Mangog. I would love to see more of these!
    I will see about posting some here soon. Hopefully we can also see some more art from other posters as well. we have a bunch of creative talented people in this thread.

I will see about posting some here soon. Hopefully we can also see some more art from other posters as well. we have a bunch of creative talented people in this thread.
    Thanks! I would love to see everyone's artistry too.

I wish Marvel or a company would make some things, like that Horn of Proteus that IW posted in that image. It is so detailed that it would make an amazing conversation piece!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-21-2021 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Suma-Ket was such a great choice for a villain, I often feel like if he had been made around Tiger Shark or Attuma's time he would be more remembered today but it feels like people write him off as a one off 90s villain which is so disappointing, he and Artys-Gran have the makings of layered antagonists and not to mention a great way to look into the darker elements of underwater magics. I have him, Artys and Llyra featured in my art commission and I honestly can't wait for you to see it. Hopefully the artist will be done with it in a couple of months since the art has a over 19 characters.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I don't think I've ever seen this before. Was it originally trading card art? That's one serious looking Horn of Proteus.
    Not sure, I just found it online a few years back but I'm sure Rev might know more about this art than I.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Alex Ross tweeted this image a couple of hours ago but left no text about what this is from. Do you Namor fans know if this is something new or a past work. I can't recall very many times when Ross has done interior pages. It reminds me of the epic Tales of Suspense issue with the Gene Colan cover. I think my brother should still have that one stored away that our Dad bought for us kids years ago.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-21-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Alex Ross tweeted this image a couple of hours ago but left no text about what this is from. Do you Namor fans know if this is something new or a past work. I can't recall very many times when Ross has done interior pages. It reminds me of the epic Tales of Suspense issue with the Gene Colan cover. I think my brother should still have that one stored away that our Dad bought for us kids years ago.

Iirc this was a page he had done for his Marvelocity book a couple of years back it was a redo of that issue you posted where Namor fights Iron Man. Still love the art.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, this is from Marvelocity. Its a two page spread in the book iirc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks guys! And the funny thing is a have that book but forgot about that page!