Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1313
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm somewhat speechless ... but had to share this Lego Christmas Elf Namor. O_O

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXYqyszr..._web_copy_link
    Well, I like that he has the attitude and has the five o'clock shadow like my version. I can tell Santa probably designates him to bring coal and beat up the bullies when necessary.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 53 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 12 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

No of course not, lol. the part I misread seemed like the word 'sybil' don't ask why.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 54 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 13 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-13-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A side of Namor we've not seen before. Doctor Namor!

Great posts, Thor-El!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Chapter 2 Page 54 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 13 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    A side of Namor we've not seen before. Doctor Namor!

Great posts, Thor-El!
    Hahahaha.

Namor's prescription is the same as the reason for the malady: "You do not lift weights! You do not work out! You must Pump-It-Up!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 55 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 14 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

I am enjoying Dissection of King Namor.

Western provinces. so that is what it comes to. Atlantis was never just one city. It was more like a region or country/nation. Maybe there were more than one city named Atlantis even.

I mean if the Inhumans were amongst several colonies spread out around the world, than why not.

Also makes the ideas that Lemuria considered or should have considered Atlantis to be a colony - or vice a versa.
    Just musing. I get tired of Atlantis being destroyed and then another year goes by and it happens again.
    These are all other cities and some such maybe.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

There was only ever one Rome, in spite of a Roman Empire, Roman ideals, Roman citizens and "Roman" provinces, outposts and territories, all of which existed outside the city named Rome. While we do know there are, or have been, technically more than one Atlantis, it's supposed to be a singular capital City State with an expansive empire. The problem is Marvel has never pinned any of this down, so everything seems to be up for debate and any new writer seems to just do whatever they like, including destroying the place every other year.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    There was only ever one Rome, in spite of a Roman Empire, Roman ideals, Roman citizens and "Roman" provinces, outposts and territories, all of which existed outside the city named Rome. While we do know there are, or have been, technically more than one Atlantis, it's supposed to be a singular capital City State with an expansive empire. The problem is Marvel has never pinned any of this down, so everything seems to be up for debate and any new writer seems to just do whatever they like, including destroying the place every other year.
    Also wasn't the Antarctic kingdom also called Tha-Korr's city? not the actual atlantis, but it was never intended to be atlantis to begin with, but I recall an old marvel map calling it that.

Once again, until we get a good writer to work out the world building then all we have are scraps, the whole "Atlantis is a people" from that Namor series is the lazy way imo to wave off all the destroyed cities.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-15-2021 at 10:03 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

It almost seems fans are better at world building in this instance. For there are truly fragments to go on, which get differing reinterpretations, not helping any of this.
    ~ Oberon ~

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I am enjoying Dissection of King Namor.
    Thank you, Oberon. Glad you are enjoying it!

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 56 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 15 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It almost seems fans are better at world building in this instance. For there are truly fragments to go on, which get differing reinterpretations, not helping any of this.
    Fans are imo more dedicated to getting things like worldbuilding fleshed out because we care about the characters and world without any red tape holding us down, not that the writers/artists who work on the books don't care but they have their hands tied like 80% of the time with deadlines, limitations on their writing from the higher ups, etc. but fans are more free to imagine and spend all the time they want worldbuilding.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Some of our characters are popular in their beginnings, then maybe not as much, then again (Namor with Byrne) and then subject to various other editor or writer ideas, searching for a twist in their plot or whatever. Namor or the similar become a character role without a true voice. And all these other writers add to the chaos of good continuity, especially where it matters. Atlantis and underwater realms are too big and vast to not have some 'creator's bible' on them.
    ~ Oberon ~