Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1313
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Merry Christmas to all the Namor fans. Let's hope that 2022 brings a brighter year for Victor and Namor

I’m stoked that Namor is an Avenger now. Things have definitely picked up a notch for the Avengers future now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy FISHMAS to all! Hope everyone enjoys their holidays

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Also can't forget that Namor is the King of all Snowball throwers!

Amazing Member

Does anyone else wish that Namor be proven to be a non-mutant. His physiology is the result of him being the only human & Atlantean Hybrid. Any powers he has is a result of that and atlantean magic’s. Anyone agree

It's so complicated.

Can't he just be not as well known/considered a mutant?

LOL. And, I will always contend that with the thousands of years there have been underwater dwellers, mixing in and out with each other for various reasons or whatever, that Namor's genes could just as easily contain Inhuman or Deviant stuff too. Which could just as easily explain the hybrid and ankles.

Come on, Namor's abilities didn't really come out in puberty. He always had the ankles.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Namor's wings came out when he was a teenager in a dangerous situation, I've spoken of this before but I believe he is the prototype for the later known x-gene mutants, Everett's story in Sub-Mariner comics issue 38. In Feb. 1955 "Wings on his Feet" show this. This is exactly how x-men mutants trigger their own x-gene, by it coming out during their teen years/some life or death situation, etc. Too much of Namor's ankle wings origin is used as a base for the x-men mutants imo, which is why I feel Everett's concept was revamped by Lee and Kirby. This story is revisited in Saga of the Sub-Mariner #2 as well, so it is canon in Marvel continuity that Namor is not born with ankle wings, but of course artists often forget or have issues remembering his wings at all.

Namor being a mutant has no bearing on his character at all, he considers himself an Atlantean first and foremost, then he considers himself anything else. I like that Namor is an x-gene mutant, he would be one anyways as a Atlantean/Human hybrid and we already know Atlantean mutations exist. Imo it doesn't affect his character unless he is being written with the x-men but he spent decades as a mutant before ever joining the team. Also not to forget he was the first mentioned/known mutant in all of the silver age because of Fantastic Four Annual #1 which again is before the x-men.

I stand corrected. Sorry. But while it may have no bearing on the character's feelings about self

it makes a difference with those who want to claim him as one of their own.

still, thanks for the correction, and even that does not rule out the vast amount of dna of underwater types who could have contributed to Namor's phenotype.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Atlanteans definitely have mutations of course.

The thing I feel about others trying to claim Namor is that it happens anyways, humans/americans want to claim him when he fights on their side for the war, atlanteans claim him bc he is their king, mutants claim him when they want to have them on their side, villains claim him to be on their side, heroes claim him too, everyone wants Namor at one point or another but Namor will do as he pleases.

Yes, Namor is wanted. It is a good thing to be wanted!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

<inserts obligatory Sue joke>

actually I got nothing.
    ~ Oberon ~

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Shout out to Reviresco..... I hope you had a Merry Christmas holiday wherever you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Shout out to Reviresco..... I hope you had a Merry Christmas holiday wherever you are!
    Same, hope you are doing well Rev!

Namor art on Twitter

The Invaders have landed!

My favorite Marvel team of all time, so happy that I was able to bring together a group of other talented cosplayers so I could bring The Invaders to life in cosplay form!