Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Why in the world would she have to have a reduced role in X-Factor if she joins this X-Men team? So dumb! This kind of thing never matters for Wolverine or the current flavor of the month character that Marvel insists on pushing(right now, Kid Cable).

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-members-fan-vote-candidates/
    As the biological daughter of Magneto, Polaris inherited his ability to control metal with her mind. A powerful and frequent member and ally of the X-Men over the years, Polaris has settled into a major role on Krakoa as one of the founders of the new incarnation of X-Factor, which investigates the disappearances and deaths of mutants in an effort to aid the Five during their resurrection process. After briefly becoming a seer in X of Swords, Polaris used the remains of Rockslide to create the Sanctus Sacrum. Polaris could see joining the X-Men as a way to fight on in Rockslide's memory.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Voted for Polaris this morning. Lot of love out there for her on Twitter. <3

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-members-fan-vote-candidates/
    As the biological daughter of Magneto, Polaris inherited his ability to control metal with her mind. A powerful and frequent member and ally of the X-Men over the years, Polaris has settled into a major role on Krakoa as one of the founders of the new incarnation of X-Factor, which investigates the disappearances and deaths of mutants in an effort to aid the Five during their resurrection process. After briefly becoming a seer in X of Swords, Polaris used the remains of Rockslide to create the Sanctus Sacrum. Polaris could see joining the X-Men as a way to fight on in Rockslide's memory.
    Yeah, that last sentence is just *vomit*.

It would be one thing if the write-up said "Polaris could see joining the X-Men as a way to honor the memory of those who died in the Genoshan genocide, reignited by Rockslide's death." But as it stands, it's like having a guest who is a Holocaust survivor and later witnessed a Jewish man murdered as a hate crime and introducing them only as "witness to the murder of a Jewish man." I'm aware that the write-up lies in the hands of whoever wrote the page, and while that sounds like it should be a get out of jail free card, it's not. It shows how badly Marvel's buried the genocide.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-27-2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Originally assumed text was from Marvel; rewritten after correction that it's from CBR
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I voted today.

As for juan's post its a CBR summary not Marvel.com one. Hickman whose book she could end up on was the first author to even vaguely hint at the Genoshan genocide with Lorna since Milligan. Though it was not an explicit reference it was much more then we have had in a decade and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I voted today.

As for juan's post its a CBR summary not Marvel.com one. Hickman whose book she could end up on was the first author to even vaguely hint at the Genoshan genocide with Lorna since Milligan. Though it was not an explicit reference it was much more then we have had in a decade and a half.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I was in the middle of stuff and didn't look at the link like I should've.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not sure why Leah felt the need to respond unless its a done deal and Lorna actually is joining the X-men
    She did say "if" Lorna wins. So it's not a done deal.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Why in the world would she have to have a reduced role in X-Factor if she joins this X-Men team? So dumb! This kind of thing never matters for Wolverine or the current flavor of the month character that Marvel insists on pushing(right now, Kid Cable).
    She's not Wolverine nor is she a Flavour of the Month character.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Here's a tweet thread about this. I'm assuming the article is just talking about the tweet thread.

https://twitter.com/LeeFlower/status...56880123441160

Edit: I also decided to look at the Marvel.com article about this vote and here's what THAT article says for Lorna.

The (very) powerful daughter of Magneto.

Lorna Dane has had a long time to reconcile with her complicated past, but that doesn’t make things easy. A longstanding member of the X-Men and X-Factor, Polaris has jostled between Super Hero and civilian life. Just like her father, Dane can control all forms of polarity and magnetism, using both of these powers to devastating effect.

On Krakoa, she has embraced her role as a leading detective with X-FACTOR, and was even recently used as Saturnyne’s psychic puppet in X OF SWORDS.

Why cast your vote for this Mistress of Magnetism? While unpredictable, Lorna is a fierce combatant and friend. She is unquestionably loyal to the House of M, and will do anything to protect her birthright.
    I think this write-up is fine. Of course I wish it would have noted the genocide, but it acknowledges other important things about her and doesn't outright erase the genocide like CBR's does. I like that it highlights her being a longstanding member of X-Men before mentioning X-Factor. A lot of people think her whole character history is exclusively X-Factor, while this write-up acknowledges she's more than just that one title.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-27-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Ironically Polaris did have some sort of eating disorder. You think that might be worth mentioning in this article.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love this guy more and more

One positive thing coming out of this poll - regardless of outcome or intentions at Marvel - is the number of people on Twitter saying they want to see more of Lorna and Jean interacting. It's quite a few and demonstrates how that's an area Marvel needs to work on if they truly want to make good use of Lorna.