Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

The new costume is a bit strange to me considering the other characters are wearing their iconic costumes. Bit concerned that it's too similar to Abigail Brand's costume. Brand also has a green jacket, and the black and green color scheme. Lends to casual readers potentially thinking it's Brand instead of Lorna.

But at the moment, as I said before, I'm okay with this given she's in a highly visible place following a vote and result that put a spotlight on her joining the team. I'm also glad it doesn't incorporate X-Factor elements. Still, could've at least kept her headgear.

Generally pleased with the team lineup too. There are characters like Iceman that I wish were on the team so Lorna could interact with them, but that's selfish of me. Just being alongside Jean and Cyclops with a chance to interact with them (mainly Jean) is great. Rogue on the team does allow for picking up where past interactions have gone with them. Outside of Lorna, it's great for Sunfire to get on the team too. I know fans of him have been really wanting him to get some attention. And of course, glad that Havok isn't on the team. I was honestly expecting Marvel to have Havok on the team as a "gotcha" to Lorna getting to join. Hopefully Marvel continues with this pattern of positives.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Seriously that costume is not it. Her X-Factor skirt was just fine and could’ve been transferred over. Ever since her underwhelming Gala outfit was revealed, I’m convinced her fashion prowess is waning. She needs Jumbo Carnation’s help stat!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Lorna and Rogue's friendship was one of the few things I liked about Austen and Milligan's runs
    I am delighted that they are again on the same team
    Yes same. I also love Lorna and Rogue’s friendship. Don’t forget their dynamic team up against the MLF in X-Cutioner’s Song. Lorna is very good friends with almost all this lineup. Especially Jean and Scott. I look forward to seeing her interact with Laura. I can’t think of a time they interacted on panel.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 04-16-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I do think her current X-Factor look is stronger than this X-Men design. Though I don't think the design is horrible, and it isn't distractingly bad.

Crossing my fingers that we get to see Lorna have significant interactions with Scott and Jean. They should be portrayed a lot closer than they usually are.

I like the outfit.

I liked her X-Factor outfit as well in various ways, but I think the new one has a very 60s feel that goes along with Jean’s current outfit and fits some other broad themes I see going on. I also know as the author has the cast will be wearing other outfits as well.

If Lorna will be dealing with human politicians and elites which I hope she will it’s probably slightly better then the X-Factor outfit.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-16-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Seriously that costume is not it. Her X-Factor skirt was just fine and could’ve been transferred over. Seriously ever since her underwhelming Gala outfit was revealed, I’m convinced her fashion prowess is waning. She needs Jumbo Carnation’s help stat!

Yes same. I also love Lorna and Rogue’s friendship. Don’t forget their dynamic team up against the MLF in X-Cutioner’s Song. Lorna is very good friends with almost all this lineup. Especially Jean and Scott. I look forward to seeing her interact with Laura. I can’t think of a time they interacted on panel.
    In Disassembled, Lorna and Laura did the fastball special

I think this costume is better than her current X-Factor one by virtue of it not being fashioned in a team style that makes her conform to the team.

I notice visual similarity between Lorna and Jean in these costumes. Dress. Boots. Jacket covers her arms in the places Jean's are uncovered, and no gloves vs Jean having gloves.

Also between this and current X-Factor costume, I get the impression Marvel is trying to make "wears a jacket" into part of her look.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Congrats on your girl getting top billing.

I was hoping that Lorna would get her cape back. Capes are such a rarity amongst x-men, but oh well.

The lack of the x-belt on Lorna was a good call. Lorna has worn a team x-belt before as has Magneto, but ultimately I have always felt the lack of it stronger in terms of symbolism if they are on the X-Men or not. I have long considered the x-belt very much like a brand for Xavier’s disciples highlighting the characters who in the end will always ultimately represent his original dream even if they stray from that path or like Rogue didn’t start on that path.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-16-2021 at 11:56 AM.

L&L reunited

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE her new outfit.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I was hoping that Lorna would get her cape back. Capes are such a rarity amongst x-men, but oh well.
    Ever since the Disney merger, they crossed over with Edna Mode and got her stern consulting.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The main differences are the absence of skirt-panels and the belly window (which I hated)...other than that, the silhouette is pretty much the same.

She'll be illustrated by someone who knows how to draw eyes.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Phil Noto welcoming Polaris to the X-Men in his intagram