Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. #1336

    Default

    I’ll be honest, while I have this issue coming in physically due to preorder, I don’t feel an incentive to buy digital and actually read it after learning Lorna isn’t in it at all.

    The pro here is at least the issue didn’t focus on things that are nostalgic but bad for the character. Not being in it is better than that. But without the good things and a platform to show more of who she is, I don’t feel much drive to read this issue.

    Knowing she’ll be in the next issue is good though.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress. Avatar by kahlart.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  2. #1337
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,336

    Default

    Maybe because i'm currently reading inferno while at first i was really looking forward to lorna being in this issue but now i am actually relived that she wasn't. I don't think i'm ready to see Lorna afraid yet in this run. I understand that it could have been a great moment to get in her head to see what she felt about genosha i rather it come from a place of heroism rather than fear. Making a change in honor of the past rather then getting lost in the fear of it again because i feel had lorna had a nightmare in this it would have only made sense for it to become a part of the story and that's not the lorna i want to see right now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  3. #1338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The pro here is at least the issue didn’t focus on things that are nostalgic but bad for the character. Not being in it is better than that. But without the good things and a platform to show more of who she is, I don’t feel much drive to read this issue.
    In terms of previous deep dives into her psyche over the past decade or so the biggest failures did happen to be repetitive nostalgia over stories that were poor in the first place for the character so yes there is a little upside there for not pulling the trigger yet so there is time to think about it. I was trying not to get my hopes up for the issue after I saw the preview, but I didn't fully succeed.

    Anyway, Duggan has answered fan questions
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2021 at 07:21 PM.

  4. #1339
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Looks like X-men issue #5, the mistress of magnetism, will be the highlight, lol can't wait to read it.

    Screenshot_20211014-091906_Twitter.jpg

  5. #1340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Looks like X-men issue #5, the mistress of magnetism, will be the highlight, lol can't wait to read it.

    Screenshot_20211014-091906_Twitter.jpg
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  6. #1341
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    That's great to hear that Lorna will have the focus in the next issue. Has me really excited for it. I assume this will explore why she wanted to be on the X-Men team. Exciting!

  7. #1342
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    I hope we see her shine on issue #5
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  8. #1343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's great to hear that Lorna will have the focus in the next issue. Has me really excited for it. I assume this will explore why she wanted to be on the X-Men team. Exciting!
    Maybe. Its probably safer to say she will have a scene were she takes the kid gloves off at least a little bit. It is important to know who she is when its time to get serious and how she brings down the hammer. One of my top three complaints in regards to Lorna the past decade is too little edge.

    But, if you are right and it does explore why she joined the team its a fairly good issue to do it as its focus is Doctor Stasis with his seeming Orchis involvement.

    Duggan has been doing a good job with Lorna all things considered irrespective of issue 4.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-20-2021 at 11:55 AM.

  9. #1344
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Lorna makes a brief appearance in Trial of Magneto today. Nothing to write home about, but its decent. She takes charge of a group of people to fight a monster.

    She is working alongside Magneto here, despite them going at each other for the previous two issues. I'm well aware its for the greater good of Krakoa, but it still made me lol when I saw it.

  10. #1345
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    I honestly thought they were going to insult each other on those panels too , thankfully they just didn´t have any dialogue but I am still mad Magneto has just become everybody´s punching bag, like people accuse him openly and he doesn´t say anything? the same guy who got into epic verbal debates with Charles for decades?, for a story supposelly about his "trial" this is really bad. I just want him to stop being on the story or for it to end quikly.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  11. #1346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Lorna makes a brief appearance in Trial of Magneto today. Nothing to write home about, but its decent. She takes charge of a group of people to fight a monster.

    She is working alongside Magneto here, despite them going at each other for the previous two issues. I'm well aware its for the greater good of Krakoa, but it still made me lol when I saw it.
    We might not be done with Magneto and Lorna going at each other if the W Scott Forbes variant cover is a sign of things to come for issue #4. But, yes in terms of issue #3 it at least didn't compound the damage of the previous two issues.

    Anyway, a designer's Polaris custom and graphical rendering.






  12. #1347
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    All those look great, still one of the best outfits for Polaris
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  13. #1348
    Fantastic Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I honestly thought they were going to insult each other on those panels too , thankfully they just didn´t have any dialogue but I am still mad Magneto has just become everybody´s punching bag, like people accuse him openly and he doesn´t say anything? the same guy who got into epic verbal debates with Charles for decades?, for a story supposelly about his "trial" this is really bad. I just want him to stop being on the story or for it to end quikly.
    It was sad to see Magneto today. He was literally just there to be punched by Northstar, and in every issue there's people... punching him. I was super disappointed by today's issue. At least nothing bad happened to Lorna.

  14. #1349
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It was sad to see Magneto today. He was literally just there to be punched by Northstar, and in every issue there's people... punching him. I was super disappointed by today's issue. At least nothing bad happened to Lorna.
    Yes I am sad too but also mad, like they really didn´t need to call this "Trial of Magneto" at all, as Journey said on another thread, it makes this look like a cash grab, I guess I will have to annoy JDW until he gives a compensation story for Mags after this, a nice solo story or something like that , I am also happy nothing hapenned to Lorna. I hope she does great on the next X-men issue.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  15. #1350

    Default



    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A/C)
    Trading Card Variant COVER by Russell Dauterman
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER by Jim Cheung
    CAPTAIN KRAKOA & THE X-MEN!
    Doctor Stasis makes his deadliest move yet as Captain Krakoa takes charge of the X-Men! But what is the lie at the heart of the newest mutant hero?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Could Duggan be trading Scott for another Summers brother?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I hope we see her shine on issue #5
    I hope so as well. Even if we don't get to learn in the issue why she is on the X-Men as I am assuming I am hoping that we see more of Lorna's edge which has been very well hidden for a long time now.

    Duggan's personality in at least the first and second issues of X-Men made her feel different and more like an urban princess anti-hero which was a positive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    All those look great, still one of the best outfits for Polaris
    The classic look holds up, yes.

    Last edited by jmc247; 10-21-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •