Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I voted Tempo, as well but fully expected Polaris to win.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This is very exciting.

I'm really intrigued to see how Duggan handles Lorna, and seeing Pepe draw her consistently is a big win for us. Also love that two of my favorites are in one book now!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I voted Tempo, as well but fully expected Polaris to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This is very exciting.

I'm really intrigued to see how Duggan handles Lorna, and seeing Pepe draw her consistently is a big win for us. Also love that two of my favorites are in one book now!
    Hmmn, you and Duggan did the same thing. (You are not duggan, are you, lol?)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I wonder if Pepe will use this costume or give her a new look. (I hope he burns what she has from X-Factor)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I wonder if Pepe will use this costume or give her a new look. (I hope he burns what she has from X-Factor)
    That scene by Hickman in House of X #5 with the human skepticism is very much what I hope they kept in mind with the current run with her. She will be able to play off the other X-Men quite well if they did decide to keep the general theme.

As for the outfit its solid, but would be even better if he goes fully back to her classic 1968 outfit. We may find out tomorrow.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-15-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I would like more if he uses her first costume. With the yellow tiara and silk for the torso

Rest In Peace X-Factor costume, we hardly knew you (although she might still wear it in cameo appearances).

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Rest In Peace X-Factor costume, we hardly knew you (although she might still wear it in cameo appearances).
    Truly. That's one of the better aesthetic movements this era has adopted: The rotation availability of each mutant's historical wardrobe. If you like Magneto's ridiculous Giant M purple gettup then look no further than X-Men vs Fantastic Four! If you miss Jean's 90's Jim Lee gettup, well feast your eyes on next week's S.W.O.R.D. ! Rachel's Jean Grey Academy era spiked tattered trench look? Its in Cable for you to gush over. Its all available and in potential rotation at any given moment!

But truly, I'm hopeful we get some exciting new costumes, but since we've been so heartily fed with the Hellfire Gala already, I'm not gonna be mad if they recycle from the fashion catacombs.

Overall a great x-team cast for New X-Men.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-16-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So Lorna’s teammates are Jean, Scott, Shiro, Laura, Everett, and Rogue

The look wasn't what I was expecting. However, it's a nice way to bring some unity between Lorna, Jean and Rogue. Jean and Lorna wearing similar length dresses. Rogue and Lorna wearing similar jackets. I dig that from an design perspective.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So excited for Polaris' tenure on X-Men! What a great roster.

I'm kinda conflicted on her new look. Love the color scheme (green/black), the boots, and the jacket. Hate that they left out her headpiece. I don't know if I like the deigns on the dress. Gonna have to sit on it for awhile.

Not the worse costume or look for Lorna by far, but still not sure if I am digging it......

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Lorna and Rogue's friendship was one of the few things I liked about Austen and Milligan's runs
    I am delighted that they are again on the same team

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Lorna and Rogue's friendship was one of the few things I liked about Austen and Milligan's runs
    I am delighted that they are again on the same team
    I have not read the books with Lorna and Rogue in them, but glad they are friends. Jean and Lorna are also friends from a long time ago.

I think this is a good and different mix-up of characters.

X is on this team too, right?