Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I thought of you all, i.e, Polaris fans while reading X-Men: Blue. She has two nice father-daughter moments with Magneto in two of the issues.
The book started doing better by Lorna and Magneto's dynamics toward the end. Earlier on, it was far too much of defining Lorna as a supporting character for his stories to the point where past experiences and development were completely ignored.

Two points in particular stood out to me in this regard. The first, when a surprise attack happened on their HQ. The script had Lorna acting like she had no idea such a thing could happen, so Magneto could mansplain surprise attacks to her, ignoring the fact she's a survivor of a pretty damn big surprise attack (Genoshan genocide) and wouldn't soon forget it. The second, when the Mojo stuff placed Magneto and Lorna in a recreation of Mutant Massacre. Using Genosha would've been something both Lorna and Magneto could connect with, whereas Mutant Massacre was something only Magneto could. And that setting also put Lorna in the Malice outfit, with Lorna having absolutely no real reaction to it, making it pretty clear it was put in there as a "lol here's a little easter egg for long-time readers" kind of thing with Lorna's perspective not taken into consideration.

As I said, later stuff did better by her with Magneto. Earlier stuff didn't. Though later stuff still had the Havok problem of it all.