Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247

Thanks New New Jmc247

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's really cute.

I love how far those two have come. The only time I like Lorna acting like a big sister is with Rahne.
    I forgot they even had history and was wondering where that vote came from

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247
    thanks Jmc247

by Matt Harrison

by Louie Joyce

by Vero (ElArteDeVero), not linked here only because the artist has NSFW stuff on the same account; there's a nude version of this on their Patreon account
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    thanks Jmc247
    Lorna and her Expresso are now iconic and the issue hasn't even come out. LOL.

Also the first fan made custom action figure with her new outfit.

Here is my take for the past decade for Lorna. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good: Polaris in the first season of The Gifted. It was the first major depiction of Lorna since Austen or arguably Wolverine and the X-Men Lorna that didn't adopt a Xavier school worldview and it spiced up all of her interactions with her mutant allies who had the Xavierist world view as well as with her human foes. Emma Dumont brought a strong performance to the character as well.

The Bad: From the mid to late 90s through to M-Day mutant activism was Lorna's bread and butter and it’s taken a major sabbatical in her story for a lot of years. It’s find having an ongoing now and again that isn’t related to mutant activism, but Lorna more then most x-characters needs it as part of her character otherwise her character just stands around looking pretty and occasionally tosses metal at people and has a good one liner.

The Ugly: The Axis retcon. Nuff said.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-21-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Incredible Member

Is (or did) Lorna get(ting) the same amount of heat as Jean did for her upcoming X-Men outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Is (or did) Lorna get(ting) the same amount of heat as Jean did for her upcoming X-Men outfit?
    Not that I've seen. There's been some very minimal heat, where people have felt she should be wearing her headgear, or her cape, or wearing pants instead of a skirt (noting she's almost never worn a skirt and didn't in her first appearance). But there haven't been constant complaints about it.

The reasons I'm not complaining about it are a) she's on the flagship book, b) she got there from a fan vote that really emphasized it's her (vs some other random green-haired character), c) it's not a team costume, d) the pattern on it looks to me like it's very Krakoa era limited, and e) visually it's interesting for compare and contrast with what Jean's wearing.

If I had a choice, I'd vastly prefer a modernization of Lorna's iconic costume that does more to visually display her personality and powers. Or at least return the headgear. But I'm okay with the current costume given where she is and how things look so far.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

glad she ditched the head gear polaris looks so much better without it imo......save for that wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    glad she ditched the head gear polaris looks so much better without it imo......save for that wanda.
    Her headgear is effectively a symbol for her in the same way as Magneto's helmet is a symbol for him, and Wanda's headgear is a symbol for her. Making it was also one of the most popular single scenes of Lorna on Gifted (even though it was part of season 2).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-20-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree. Like Storm, Lorna could go a few years without the head-gear.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Happy Father’s Day.

Quote Originally Posted by nkohei404 View Post
    Hello!
    Japanese Polaris fan

my Instagram→XMenPolaris

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQTCPCGB...dium=copy_link

Attachment 110723
    Welcome to the Polaris thread!

I have appreciated your commissions. Do you have a favorite Polaris artist?

Her headgear is effectively a symbol for her in the same way as Magneto's helmet is a symbol for him, and Wanda's headgear is a symbol for her. Making it was also one of the most popular single scenes of Lorna on Gifted (even though it was part of season 2).
    I like her current outfit. I have some issues with her new default green number. It’s a generic and toned down version of much superior similar outfits for her when she was allowed to have more of an edge.

In terms of her headgear she has worn better versions. I agree that The Gifted even with a crap season two for the character managed to make her headgear symbolic in a way that I wouldn’t say the comics have ever done by connecting it to her past and the last gift her father gave her. The comics have never made a symbolic connection between Lorna’s headgear and anything.

Magneto’s helmet for instance was both made practical in defending against telepathy and a symbolic representation of the character and his struggle. Lorna donning a helmet in Uncanny X-Men 443 was both symbolic and practical in that issue because she had to deal with telepaths in her way.

I understand why writers don’t want to Willy Nilly give telepathic protection to more characters, but it never made any sense with Lorna who knows how to make helmets that protect from telepaths, likes wearing metal on her head and doesn’t like having her mind entered without permission. It would have no weight to wear on a EM manipulator if they didn’t want it to either.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-21-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Gah, all this fanart of Lorna's new costume is making me love it more and more. Polaris in black & green is great! <3

Hopefully we'll get some merchandise based off it one day soon.

I personally feel like all of Lorna's costumes she include her tiara/headpiece. To me its an essential piece of her look IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This art is everything the way Lorna was included with the Minimoffs, & the Maximoffs even has her hand on Billy's shoulder is giving family vibes they still tryna profit off this dynamic IDK why they don't just undue the retcon clearly theirs money to be made.

Thanks Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Attachment 110805
    Trial of magneto
    thanks Dthirds3

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Xmen 3. High evolutionary
    Attachment 110803

Onslaught revelation. Its in xavier
    Attachment 110804

All the September's solitations are out digitally
    Thanks new Dthirds3