Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Phil Noto welcoming Polaris to the X-Men in his intagram
    Great art, if her green outfit disappears for awhile I would have no problem with that as long as when a version comes back its revamped.

Glad she is on the team and I like like her new look more then I have many of her others I will never like the mini scarlet witch look personally so this is a nice change.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Love that Joshua had Polaris replicate Magneto's stance on X-Men #1. Nice call back.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Phil Noto welcoming Polaris to the X-Men in his intagram
    Noto did a great job. Love how vibrant the green is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Love that Joshua had Polaris replicate Magneto's stance on X-Men #1. Nice call back.

That's a really neat catch. At the same time, she has her other arm up and a different expression, which I think are nice subtle visual cues to individualism.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

It’s a great homage. The only thing I might have changed was going for the force field and battle imagery of his first draft he posted.

I bought X-Men #1 when I was young at the local 7/11. It came out thirty years ago this year. It still holds the world record for around 8 million copies sold with the Magneto cover still the most prized of all of them.

It’s been homaged once before for Lorna in a Marvel card game for Brotherhood team up with Emma Frost in a decade ago.

I'm still getting caught up on social media (been a busy day for me again), but there are a couple things that have come up on Tumblr.

1) Costume concerns. Some of them are what I've said - too similar to Brand, lack of headgear. But one not said here is the view that Lorna should be wearing pants. From a character standpoint, it was noted that she's never worn a skirt before (and IIRC this is true), and she's worn pants ever since her very first costume. I'm not counting civilian clothes here. From a practicality standpoint, it was noted that Lorna's going to be flying. Meaning that in-universe, she's gonna be giving a lot of upskirt views when she's in action.

2) Lorna and Jean getting to be on the same team again. A lot of people talking about how they were on the same team back in the 60s, and eagerness to see them interact as teammates again for the first time in so long. IMO this is one of the big benefits of Lorna being on this new team, recognition for her history with them in this manner. It's a golden opportunity for Marvel to build good modern dynamics with them - as long as Lorna is her own character as opposed to "Jean lite." Which, I'm hopeful will be the case given Lorna's joining the team via fan vote rather than Marvel simply deciding to add her to it.

I may have more things to add later. This is just what I've seen so far.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Congratulations for Lorna´s place with the X-men, I am very happy and I really liked her new costume
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I like to associate certain songs that I hear with certain characters. It was the reason I made the one thread about what songs make people think of X-Men.

I've been sitting on this for a year, waiting for the right moment and occasion. I think Lorna joining the new X-Men team is it, and in a good way. It's Billie Eilish's "all the good girls go to hell."

Choice lyrics from the song:

All the good girls go to hell
    'Cause even God herself has enemies
    And once the water starts to rise
    And heaven's out of sight
    She'll want the devil on her team
    Look at you needing me
    You know I'm not your friend without some greenery
    Walk in wearing fetters
    Peter should know better
    Your cover up is caving in
    Man is such a fool
    Why are we saving him?

Poisoning themselves now
    Begging for our help, wow!
    P.S. - The "devil" and "Lucifer" lines in the song serve as callbacks to this in my head:

Last edited by salarta; 04-17-2021 at 08:54 AM.

mas fan art Hellfire Gala Polaris

https://twitter.com/art_ratkins/stat...01999842603015

Last edited by jmc247; 04-18-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Some other Hellfire Gala designs created by fans that Lorna could've worn.

by isaiahbeenlost

by benbolling

by thefluffyviolin (post has another picture more detailed for her head)

Also, it turns out Entertainment Weekly wrote an article about the new team, with a very good write-up and prominence for Lorna within it. It's noticed and appreciated that Havok wasn't namedropped in the article.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That Ben Bolling IVH inspired outfit is one of the best fan-art interpretations I've seen.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!