Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

The election winner thanks to all the various Krakoans who voted including Emma Dumont.

If Lorna sees herself as the representative of the people perhaps this can succeed. Lorna does politics well in the few times she has been allowed to do politics.
    Awesome Polaris in X-MEN

Leah Williams pretty much told us. Im glad for her

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

The election winner thanks to all the various Krakoans who voted including Emma Dumont.

If Lorna sees herself as the representative of the people perhaps this can succeed. Lorna does politics well in the few times she has been allowed to do politics.
    Oh HULLOOOOO Sean CasiDADDY. <3

"The X-Men election was an amazing experience for the whole X-Office," X-Men line editor Jordan D. White states in the announcement. “All the creators and editors had a blast seeing the fans’ incredible response to this first-of-its-kind event and we were right there along with you rooting for our choices. It was the perfect way to kick off the new X-Men title."

That new title, relaunching X-Men #1 from writer Gerry Duggan and artist Pepe Larraz, will kick off on July 21.

"Pepe and I are thrilled to have Polaris aboard this year's X-Men team. Leah and David made her shine in X-Factor, and we're going to make sure she continues to rock in X-Men," Duggan states in the announcement.

"The outline is done and dusted, and every member of the team is going to have their issue not just to be the coolest mutant, but the most important character in the Marvel Universe for one month," he continues. "Can't wait for you to join us. Hope you survive the experience."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-resul...favorite-wins/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Leah Williams pretty much told us. Im glad for her
    So excited to see Lorna on X-men. Pretty sure Leah's book is going to be the Losers. And that is some team of misfits she has there. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What I love is that after 45 years we will FINALLY see Jean and Lorna together on an official X-men team. Its been far too long especially since we didnt get nearly enough when Lorna initially joined bc the book was cancelled soon after. I want to see their friendship explored and reinforced

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

"...this year's X-Men team" makes me think the creative team and cast will change every twelve issues or so.

What I love is that after 45 years we will FINALLY see Jean and Lorna together on an official X-men team. Its been far too long especially since we didnt get nearly enough when Lorna initially joined bc the book was cancelled soon after. I want to see their friendship explored and reinforced

Beautiful!

I wish both ladies will be looking like this and be as close (if not closer) than they were at the time they last co-starred together.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think its fitting how Lorna was the 2nd X-woman ever and now she is the 2nd X-woman announced for the Krakoan team

The 80s/90s stuff between them was weak with them being depicted too much alike and too much talking about their Summers brother dating issues. Outside of a few lines almost two decades ago now they have had no real interaction since.

I had hoped Morrison would get a chance to write something between them, but it didn't happen. There was enough worldview difference between them baked into things I felt their relationship wouldn't have to run on discussing boyfriends which is apart of life... but for the comics tends to run out of steam very quickly.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-15-2021 at 02:30 PM.

I think its fitting how Lorna was the 2nd X-woman ever and now she is the 2nd X-woman announced for the Krakoan team
    This is why there should be (and should have been) much interaction between Jean and Lorna.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm glad that Lorna won the poll! I voted for her! <3
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Very happy she won, I think she'll still make cameos in X-Factor also so I wouldn't worry too much about that book.

I've been pretty busy both with offline stuff and talking in other places today, getting to this thread now.

I'm very pleased about Lorna and Jean potentially interacting in a real, substantial way for the first time in so long. If Iceman's on the team too, even better. Those are my two top wishes for Lorna given the history Lorna has with both that hasn't been tapped in decades (particularly since Bobby came out).

Lorna as second woman to join this team in echo of same in the original run is also a great and neat observation.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)