Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The classic look holds up, yes.
    Exquisite!!!!! Is that an official or fan made work? This is most gorgeous version of this costume I ever seen.

Review of the X-Men book Lorna is in School of X in December.

"Left on their own while the teachers attend a meeting, the students have the worst party ever in the Danger Room which is interrupted by the arrival of unexpected guests who have a plan to fix the catastrophe of M-Day when many mutants lost their powers. Soon, however, an outside threat forces the students to finally bond as a team. This is a cracking story, with blistering action and strong character moments.

https://kidferrousreviews.blogspot.c...dcfbbec6a489c1
    The unexpected guests are Danielle Moonstar and Lorna if the Marvel.com summary is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Exquisite!!!!! Is that an official or fan made work? This is most gorgeous version of this costume I ever seen.
    I wish it was official, but someone designed a bunch of them custom. It does blow away the two official Polaris statues with her classic outfit by playing up the sleek deadly beauty of it. The last official statue was if anything afraid of accentuating the darker aspects to the outfit like the skull.

For the head the designer made several different versions. Headgear, helmet, nothing.

They used graphics to plan out what they were going to make.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-22-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Could Duggan be trading Scott for another Summers brother?

The classic look holds up, yes.

Yep. I'll never understand why they didn't just use the classic version in the Brubaker X-Men run -- or why Marvel Legends went with the inferior design over the superior classic.

We might not be done with Magneto and Lorna going at each other if the W Scott Forbes variant cover is a sign of things to come for issue #4. But, yes in terms of issue #3 it at least didn't compound the damage of the previous two issues.

Anyway, a designer's Polaris custom and graphical rendering.

This is beyond terrific! Thanks for sharing!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hey guys, been awhile since I’ve been on here. I checked out TOM 3 and I have to say that this is turning out to be another Scarlet Witch mini series. I do not dislike Wanda, it’s just I’m tired of the potential of spotlighting Lorna wasted on a character like Wanda who has been fully explored character wise over the years. This could have been a major turning point examining Lorna’s core personality as well as her relationship with her father. Yet here we are. Just another Wanda story. Again, I don’t hate Wanda, I’m disappointed yet again. I also have a feeling that Polaris will be overshadowed by her step sister. It could very well end up that way. I sure hope it doesn’t go that way. Maybe Lorna will get more story time next issue. Just frustrated!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Hey guys, been awhile since I’ve been on here. I checked out TOM 3 and I have to say that this is turning out to be another Scarlet Witch mini series. I do not dislike Wanda, it’s just I’m tired of the potential of spotlighting Lorna wasted on a character like Wanda who has been fully explored character wise over the years. This could have been a major turning point examining Lorna’s core personality as well as her relationship with her father. Yet here we are. Just another Wanda story. Again, I don’t hate Wanda, I’m disappointed yet again. I also have a feeling that Polaris will be overshadowed by her step sister. It could very well end up that way. I sure hope it doesn’t go that way. Maybe Lorna will get more story time next issue. Just frustrated!
    This was supposed to be Wanda’s story and is supposed to be about the healing between her and the mutant community. Not a Lorna Dane story.

Psst. Fathers have relationships with more than one child.

I barely hope for some damage control after horrible character development for Lorna so far in TOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    The story is literally about Wanda's death. She has every right to "overshadow" every single character in there. She barely has agency in most of her major stories like Disassembled, House of M, Empyre, and you're here wishing she had even less in one that it's about her dying, as if it was ok for her to just be totally fridged in favor of other characters? Wow.

(This has nothing to do with how Lorna has been portrayed, or me trying to say that she shouldn't get good stories and specifically good stories with Magneto. But the way you're going about this is just not it...)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree that Wanda should have her time on a story about her death, the problem is that this story was not shown to be about her, I think "The Death of the Scarlet Witch" would have been a better title and fans would not expect other members of the family, like Lorna, Pietro, Billy and Tommy who were shown on art and covers, to be central or have a part on the story. I personally would have prefered that over the "Trial of Magneto" title since he´s supposed to be a protagonist and he could easily be replaced by a punching bag especially since he´s also on inferno , on the exact post he had before ToM, basically spoiling part of the story.Death of the Scarlet Witch would also have a greater syncrony with Death of Dr Strange and show a link between both characters now that they are going to appear on MCU.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree that Wanda should have her time on a story about her death, the problem is that this story was not shown to be about her, I think "The Death of the Scarlet Witch" would have been a better title and fans would not expect other members of the family, like Lorna, Pietro, Billy and Tommy who were shown on art and covers, to be central or have a part on the story. I personally would have prefered that a lot over the "Trial of Magneto titles since he´s supposed to be a protagonist and he could easily be replaced by a punching bag , especially since he´s also on inferno , on the exact post he had before ToM, basically spoiling part of the story.Death of the Scarlet Witch would also have a greater syncrony with Death of Dr Strange and show a link between both characters now that they are going to.
    True that the story was promoted as being more about Magneto. But it was still about him killing Wanda, and complaining that "Lorna is getting overshadowed by her step-sister (Wanda)" in a story about him possibly killing Wanda makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I barely hope for some damage control after horrible character development for Lorna so far in TOM.
    Trial of Magneto has been horrible for Lorna. Its effectively smashed her relationship with Magneto to bits for the cheapest of drama points and for padding of the mini in a way they are going to pretend never happened. I would imagine a number of fans out there believe the garbage out of her mouth in ToM #1 is the basis of their relationship. And lets not get into her declaring her father guilty of murdering someone she knows he cares about a ton more then she does on the flimsiest of evidence.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-23-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    True that the story was promoted as being more about Magneto. But it was still about him killing Wanda, and complaining that "Lorna is getting overshadowed by her step-sister (Wanda)" in a story about him possibly killing Wanda makes no sense.
    Given from the beggining Magneto was the only one who wanted her to be brough back to life in the QC and the only one who tought about invinting her and Pietro to the Gala it didn´t hold much water the accusation that he killed her in the first place, it´s plain stupid how the characters are reacting as if that was a real possibility in an island full of people who have hated her since M-Day and yes given Lorna is magneto´s daughter there, it makes sense for a story about his trial to involve her in some way and not just because the writer wants to show how much Magneto and Lorna hate each other despite living together for a while on Krakoa while Magneto seems to only care for Wanda, the same one, he´s accused of killing.

The story is just silly and not even well done drama, the only good part so far has been Wanda´s inner struggles on the magical realm this is why I said "Death of the Scarlet Witch" would have been a way better title and yes I would have liked if it didn´t involve Magneto and Lorna if they were going to be so badly written.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

I agree that Wanda should have her time on a story about her death, the problem is that this story was not shown to be about her, I think "The Death of the Scarlet Witch" would have been a better title and fans would not expect other members of the family, like Lorna, Pietro, Billy and Tommy who were shown on art and covers, to be central or have a part on the story. I personally would have prefered that over the "Trial of Magneto" title since he´s supposed to be a protagonist and he could easily be replaced by a punching bag especially since he´s also on inferno , on the exact post he had before ToM, basically spoiling part of the story.Death of the Scarlet Witch would also have a greater syncrony with Death of Dr Strange and show a link between both characters now that they are going to appear on MCU.
    This story is about healing Wanda’s relationship with the mutant community in general.

I know, I expected to be about that, I am just saying it should have been publicited that way as well.

BANNED

I know, I expected to be about that, I am just saying it should have been publicited that way as well.
    It was always publicized that way.