Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Forge s a regular in X-Force
    I always considered him more of a support character. I don't think he was solicited as being a part of the main cast, but his role does have more meat to it than Armor's thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I always considered him more of a support character. I don't think he was solicited as being a part of the main cast, but his role does have more meat to it than Armor's thus far.
    He's had more to do than Colossus who was solicited as being a part of the main cast. He seems on par with Sage and Black Tom. The true support characters of that book are Cecilia and Healer. I consider Forge a team member. He's been consistent enough

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...36831256891394

Leah says that if Polaris wins she'll be a part of both books (X-Factor & X-Men), but just no longer going out in the field with X-Factor. She'll still live with them, and have cameo appearances advising them, while serving fulltime as an X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...36831256891394

Leah says that if Polaris wins she'll be a part of both books (X-Factor & X-Men), but just no longer going out in the field with X-Factor. She'll still live with them, and have cameo appearances advising them, while serving fulltime as an X-Man.
    that tells me she doesnt have any concrete or significant plans for Lorna

This could be Lorna's shot to show her political side and deal with complex political issues that are rarely touched on for her. Lorna's best moments of the 90s and 2000s (on JM's XF, Genosha and Reload X-Men) were by far and away her dealing with complex political issues and mutant issues. I have kept X-Factor on my pull list, but most are aware my view there. I would still pick up X-Factor if she ends up being elected. This is a rare opportunity Polaris fans shouldn't ignore.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-26-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that tells me she doesnt have any concrete or significant plans for Lorna
    It would be easy and advantageous for me to simply agree on this... but for fairness and honesty, I can see a situation where Leah does have plans for Lorna and those plans would change if she joined X-Men.

Whether those plans are good or bad is a different matter though. Everyone knows where I stand on that count.

And of course it could still just as easily mean what you said, that Leah doesn't have any concrete or significant plans for Lorna.

Having said that, I just looked at Leah's tweet that Soulsword323 linked:

The idea of taking a reduced role on X-Factor in more of an advisor capacity is something I would support, even if Lorna didn't join X-Men. It would be more appropriate and respectful to her history and experience, without compromising Leah's vision with the book and all the other characters. I also think it could result in better treatment of Lorna on both books. We would have points of comparison between them, where each can learn from the other on what works, what fits for her, and what doesn't. Plus this scenario doesn't rule out another character joining X-Factor. Less panel time with Lorna = panel time a new character could have.

Lastly, Lorna on X-Men but reduced role on X-Factor could actually be more beneficial to X-Factor than Lorna exclusively on X-Factor. Casual reader sees her on X-Men which is higher profile, likes what they see, learns she appears on X-Factor and starts reading that too.

Anyway, new thoughts are new thoughts, we'll see if I have more new ones. I think this information might help Lorna's odds for votes but I'm still doubtful it would be significant enough for her to come out on top. Regardless, better to vote than not.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

On an entirely different topic, I came upon this video today of a suggested Marvel Puzzle Quest team that involves Polaris.

The team suggestions involve two 5 star characters so you'd have to be a long time player or willing to throw down tons of money, but it's interesting to see nonetheless. Lorna's described as one of the most annoying characters to play against, and that's actually a good thing, because it means she's so powerful that it's frustrating when you have to try and beat her. She's also described as a glass tiger (more familiar RPG terminology would be glass cannon), which I can say very much fits. Her health is low and she can die fast if she's getting hit.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Added detail.

In a separate set of tweets she basically said Lorna doing X-Factor field work would be on hold but not "her self-actualization or character work" (as Williams writes her on X-Factor), and that she would be collaborating with X-Men on that front.

Not voting Lorna or anyone else that would end up in multiple books. There are PLENTY of mutants on Krakoa to go around. No need for anyone to pull double or triple duty. (Looking at you, Wolverine and Cable)

Not sure why Leah felt the need to respond unless its a done deal and Lorna actually is joining the X-men

Aw, that's nice Leah was the one who suggested her.

Its selfish, but I personally would love to see Polaris pulling double duty on X-Men and X-Factor. Lorna getting the opportunity to be on a team focused on bigger plots on Krakoa, and still getting personal focus/development from Leah would be really awesome.

BANNED

Voted Polaris. Just so salarta gets over themselves for once.

I've considered that there could be an ulterior motive to her on the poll. If Havok is set to be on X-Men, then Lorna winning would make it easy to force Havok onto her. "Fans voted her onto the team, we can't go against what fans asked for." Would also explain why we don't know anything about who the other team members are as that could influence votes, e.g. I know I wouldn't vote for Lorna if I knew in advance that Havok will be there. Marvel's in a winning scenario for their interests then regardless of poll outcome.

Best approach with what's publicly known so far is still voting for her, though.

Also it's to Williams' credit that she put Lorna forward for the X-Men vote, showing she doesn't have the possessiveness of some writers and is willing to collaborate. My thoughts could change depending on what happens and what I learn over time, but that's how it all looks to me right this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Voted Polaris. Just so salarta gets over themselves for once.
    Impossible, I'm too sexy to get over myself.

I'm confused by the people who've said they're already voting. The only version I see says voting doesn't open until tonight.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-26-2021 at 06:33 PM.

All-New Member

Well, I voted and harassed a few friends to vote for her too. So I did my lurking duty.