Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1571

When the hell did Lorna get a PhD? She was forced to drop out of school when Malice took over and she went back to superheroics, never continuing her education

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    While this issue was a marginal step-up for Lorna, it doesn't undue how bad the first issue was for her, and in fact kinda doubles down on the contrived drama.

The PhD was nice, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Polaris interacting with Jean. But I hate the moments between Lorna and Magneto. Williams is doing a lot of damage to their relationship and I don't care for that. It's unneeded, and badly executed.
    That sums up my feelings on the issue as well.

The Lorna/Jean stuff presents a vague outline of a relationship that could work with their histories with Jean being more along the lines of what Xavier once was and Lorna being more on the ends justify the means scale.

The issue with the Magneto/Lorna stuff is the idea of Magneto trying to pressure Lorna to be better is a story option that could work (though Krakoa isn’t a good set up for it) without destroying their existing relationship if there was nuance to it. It’s an idea though that needed a chisel not a hammer much less a wrecking ball.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When the hell did Lorna get a PhD? She was forced to drop out of school when Malice took over and she went back to superheroics, never continuing her education
    I guess she finished it off panel. There have been a number of times where we haven't been aware of what Lorna's been up to (Like when ANX was cancelled).

It is canon now though.

I guess she finished it off panel. There have been a number of times where we haven't been aware of what Lorna's been up to (Like when ANX was cancelled).

It is canon now though.
    Finishing online is a thing today yes.

I had to look and this was the closest conversation we got on her higher education era in the past twenty years before this.

Also I noticed looking back Wanda was one of the 6 bridesmaids at Lorna’s almost wedding.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-15-2021 at 10:02 AM.

I can say that this issue now pleased me more than the previous one, although it still has the disadvantage of not having liked it very much few moments (lol, I don't think anyone liked it either) those scenes with Magneto, very unnecessary, it seems they are both desperate for the cost of what? (Although Magneto has always been a bit stubborn). I love that now Lorna has a PhD in geophysics, it feeds me to see her powerbase made by Dauterman (I hope it doesn't let me down), now the friendly relationship between Jean and Polaris, I'm finding it very fun and diverse, you can see that each of the girls has a different opinion and way of acting, with Lorna willing to do whatever it takes to protect Krakoa, I like that.

Another point I don't like is that they leave Polaris in the corner, at times when she can use her powers to protect herself, open up force fields, but they don't.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Another point I don't like is that they leave Polaris in the corner, at times when she can use her powers to protect herself, open up force fields, but they don't.
    Yeah, Leah is really downplaying Polaris' abilities. I often don't even know what Lorna's attempting do within the story. I wish the scripts made things more clearer.

Yeah, Leah is really downplaying Polaris' abilities. I often don't even know what Lorna's attempting do within the story. I wish the scripts made things more clearer.
    Exactly, it gives the impression that she is a helpless woman, but the opposite of that, she is powerful, independent, she can protect herself, in fact protect her entire team, tooth and nail!!

If Lorna wanted to, she probably could've written and submitted her dissertation in her head while living her life and fighting fights. Electromagnetics, computers, internet, etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I definitely had a hard time understanding what they were going for with the strings around lorna. I just dont get it. All i could think was using magnetism to literally puppet the debris magnetically which wasnt a very flattering idea. Love she got her phd.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If Lorna wanted to, she probably could've written and submitted her dissertation in her head while living her life and fighting fights. Electromagnetics, computers, internet, etc.
    Exactly. Perhaps she did just that.

There is an art to working battle scenes that takes time to refine between writer and artist.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-15-2021 at 07:55 PM.

baumblume

My feeling about this is that this story is suggesting he doesn´t care about Pietro OR Lorna at all and only cares about Wanda . This trope is really having a moment in pop culture, huh?

Since I’m thinking about it again: We need to come up with a name for this trope,there’s something really gross at the heart of this.

I have to say with TOM 2, Lorna looked great as she always does. For the story, the story just lags with useless battles. Leah just throws these overused plot devices like she’s getting her ideas from Michael Bay movies. Just too much bravado and not enough character development. There’s just too many characters involved for Polaris to get any real limelight. Also magneto just is all over the place here. Polaris and Erik’s relationship is way off key. It will be a miracle if it can be repaired at all. Like everyone else I enjoyed the Jean/Lorna moments. I still would like them have conversations about what they both went through over the years. That needs to happen like STAT! Anyway, one can still hope that this story goes somewhere unexpected that will be good for our Lorna.