Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Polaris kicked ass in the latest issue of X-Men. Queen.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris continues to shine in X-Men. I love how Duggan writers her, and I feel like she really is the highlight.

Putting bugs in force fields is so something I would do lol.

Absolute star. I love his Lorna.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Last edited by juan678; 08-04-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Polaris continues to shine in X-Men. I love how Duggan writers her, and I feel like she really is the highlight.

I loved that part too. Duggan does write a great Polaris. The bug think made me feel she is that kind and gentle but then on the flip he writes that there is an undertone of her being just as dangerous as she is kind and gentle. She feels like a calm torrent in the book about to unleash at some point. I like that duality to her he is already putting in 2 issues in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Where are you reading?

There are absolutely no hints that she was the fan-vote member of the team and Duggan gets mad respect for that.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I loved that part too. Duggan does write a great Polaris. The bug think made me feel she is that kind and gentle but then on the flip he writes that there is an undertone of her being just as dangerous as she is kind and gentle. She feels like a calm torrent in the book about to unleash at some point. I like that duality to her he is already putting in 2 issues in.
    Yeah, Duggan has done great work with Lorna in just two issues. I feel like he's doing a better job writing her as an individual than most writers do. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Where are you reading?
    On ComiXology.

On ComiXology
    Oh thanks my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Polaris kicked ass in the latest issue of X-Men. Queen.
    Co-signed. Lorna was everything today! Loved it <3

Putting thoughts in spoiler tags since some people checking here may not have read it yet. I have various thoughts of the issue as a whole that I'll save for the other thread. In general, I think this is another good issue that's among the best she's been written in a long time.

spoilers:
    All the moments of Lorna and Jean teaming up and working together were excellent, and much needed after so many decades of them not getting to interact much. It's really cool that combining their powers led to making some tasks easier, and other tasks possible when they otherwise wouldn't be. I especially loved the connection to MRIs in their working together, bringing in some more modern real world uses of Lorna's power set that show it can do a lot more than just throwing cars. I believe it also sets up a good foundation for the two working together in the future in ways that are mutually beneficial.

Also, Marvel said Lorna's allowed to say the F word. That's a bonus point right there. I also liked that they used the black bubbles from X-Men #50 again (though they were kinda "filtered" green from her powers, making them look not as black this time). The art continues to give good nods to the past in that sense.

All in all, while in all honesty I think more could be done, I still think this was a great showing for her. And it's always worth remembering that we're just getting started with the book. Can't and shouldn't expect everything all at once.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

This is so friggin rad. I am a total sucker for individually styled uniforms with a unifying color theme. Great composition and beautiful colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    There are absolutely no hints that she was the fan-vote member of the team and Duggan gets mad respect for that.
    I'll also give props to the editor who made the call to ask Duggan to make a list of characters he wouldn't mind writing so he wasn't saddled with someone he didn't want, no matter how the vote went.
    Dark does not mean deep.