Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1571

I don't want to post spoiler pics, but I'm in love with how spectacular and beautiful she was drawn today in every panel. Javier is a great artist.

Seeing the positive opinions about Polaris, my anxiety grows to see this issue, I am very happy that it is now reaching a large part of the X-mens audience.

spoilers:
    The power usage was good. It felt like Duggan put a lot of thought into how Lorna can use her powers for more than just flinging metal around, which will hopefully translate into more diversity and thought into her power use even when other writers use her. I'm glad later pages explained that Lorna really did want to join the X-Men. If those pages didn't exist, and all we had was Lorna "not" wanting to join and Jean changing her thought, I would be complaining. And to be honest, that element felt more like it was trying to go back and retroactively use how she was written on X-Factor to explain why she was on X-Factor before getting on X-Men. I wish character-relevant history like Genosha had come up, but I'll just hope that we'll see another issue in the future that covers it. About 99% sure Dr. Polaris was an intentional joke based on DC having a Doctor Polaris. I also kinda feel that Lorna saying "this wasn't covered in my doctorate" serves not just as a fun line, but also a subtle reminder that having a doctorate doesn't mean the person knows everything about everything. I liked her personality in this issue, too, which is pretty much just repeating what others have said. In general, a good issue for Lorna, and better than most of what Marvel's put out in the past decade.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    spoilers:
    The power usage was good. It felt like Duggan put a lot of thought into how Lorna can use her powers for more than just flinging metal around, which will hopefully translate into more diversity and thought into her power use even when other writers use her. I'm glad later pages explained that Lorna really did want to join the X-Men. If those pages didn't exist, and all we had was Lorna "not" wanting to join and Jean changing her thought, I would be complaining. And to be honest, that element felt more like it was trying to go back and retroactively use how she was written on X-Factor to explain why she was on X-Factor before getting on X-Men. I wish character-relevant history like Genosha had come up, but I'll just hope that we'll see another issue in the future that covers it. About 99% sure Dr. Polaris was an intentional joke based on DC having a Doctor Polaris. I also kinda feel that Lorna saying "this wasn't covered in my doctorate" serves not just as a fun line, but also a subtle reminder that having a doctorate doesn't mean the person knows everything about everything. I liked her personality in this issue, too, which is pretty much just repeating what others have said. In general, a good issue for Lorna, and better than most of what Marvel's put out in the past decade.
    end of spoilers
    oh you came back!

Paging Doctor Dane…..

Has a nice ring to it.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I would heartily agree it was better than most of what we have seen of her this decade. I would expand that out to everything post M-Day when things started going downhill for the character. I agree with your hopes in terms of the character relevant history equation. There are many stories ahead.

Anyway someone did a Polaris on the couch session.. I didn't agree with their underlying thesis on Lorna and relationships and understanding of the power and emotion element, but its clear they are going off of the Marvel definition from oh around 2006 which really didn't get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I would heartily agree it was better than most of what we have seen of her this decade. I would expand that out to everything post M-Day when things started going downhill for the character. I agree with your hopes in terms of the character relevant history equation. There are many stories ahead.
    Totally agree I think is much much better than most depictions of her these past years.

I ended up liking the issue a lot more than I thought I was going to! Polaris and her powers were fantastic and I really enjoyed the showcasing of her attitude in this as well! Polaris has always felt like the reluctant X-Men member who actually really wants to be on the X-Men to me. The X-Men are the superhero team in the Spotlight. Lorna has always felt like the type to not want to be in the spotlight but deep down, actually wanting to be a little in the spotlight (a push and pull in direction like her magnetic powers). While a mention of Genosha and protecting mutants from that happening again would have been great, I think that would been her motivations if she were in Marauders where rescue is (allegedly) the premise. On the superhero team, it should be highlighted that she told the voters she didn’t want to be really she did. Jean being annoyingly right was also great to see. Got her character correct as well imo.

Its the first time since the late Austen era spoilers:
    that she used her MRI - Infrared vision. The only other time it was used was in 2000 when Magneto taught it to her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    spoilers:
    Aside from this, it is me or it was touching subtetly her trauma with the line "Polaris saved countless of lives by containing the accident, but some days nothing could pull her from melancholy's grip"?.
    end of spoilers
    I hadn't thought of that, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    While a mention of Genosha and protecting mutants from that happening again would have been great, I think that would been her motivations if she were in Marauders where rescue is (allegedly) the premise. On the superhero team, it should be highlighted that she told the voters she didn’t want to be really she did. Jean being annoyingly right was also great to see. Got her character correct as well imo.
    The island did have hundreds of thousands of humans on it who kind of became the underclass after mutants took over, but they were there and a few were in the cabinet. It wasn't fully an Avalon situation mutants and humans existed together though under mutant rule. As Starchilde noted saving mutant and human lives by stopping a nuclear reactor from going off itself is a possible connection. The island was left a radioactive waste dump after all as the Sentinels nuked it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-24-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Only..
    spoilers:
    You need the X-Men as much as the X-Men need you, Polaris.
    end of spoilers
    Jean has never been so right, lol

spoilers:
    I love how the mutants of Krakoa voted for Lorna when all she said was three words. Iconic.
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    spoilers:
    I love how the mutants of Krakoa voted for Lorna when all she said was three words. Iconic.
    end of spoilers
    Hahahaha that’s true

Queen of brief speeches

Man, I simply loved the Lorna we saw in that issue. She was funny, unlucky, smart and competent.

I didn't know I would love funny Lorna so much!!!

I think they overdid the Dr. part. We get it; Lorna has her PHD