Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    No, Lorna and Joseph never meet but he did meet Pietro and yes, them being related or twins would have been a better way to solve Joseph´s mystery but the problem, I guess was that he was supposed to be amnesiac Magneto but the fans didn´t like him or his characterization so he was changed into being Erik´s clone by Astra. So him being an actual brother of Lorna and Son to Magneto would have brought in interesting possibilities.
    Imo it would be a boon for cerebro to find out he is lorna twin. I can imagine so many things if they were like the strucker version of mangeto kids given how similar their power is. Like sort of like beyond omega when they combine powers or omega given the definition when they do. It could definitely add a lot of story for all if done right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Imo it would be a boon for cerebro to find out he is lorna twin. I can imagine so many things if they were like the strucker version of mangeto kids given how similar their power is. Like sort of like beyond omega when they combine powers or omega given the definition when they do. It could definitely add a lot of story for all if done right.
    I would like to see something like this, the twelve storyline introduced the concept of Magneto and Lorna´s powers feeding back each other in a circuit, like the North and South poles of earth, so this dynamic could work very well with Josepth and Lorna as well, to see them work in tandem and achieve a better understanding of the electromagnetic field would be interesting to see.

I also would be interested in seeing them interact, Josepth, before his personality was rewritten by Astra, was someone who did a self discovery journey and explored both Charles and Erik paths and style of leadership and found they needed to be together to achieve what they wanted, he even stayed a little while with the Acolytes, an experience he would share with Lorna. He was kind, strict with himself, romantic, introspective, impulsive and well meaning, he wanted to give everybody a chance, because he was given one when he thought he was Magneto. Even Magneto said to him once that Josepth was not like him, he was not a violent person. Magneto is very much of the school of thought of: Don´t do what I would do, I will do it so you don´t have to" when it comes to the people he feels responsible for and that includes Lorna and Joseph. So all this is just my way of saying that I would love this version of Joseph interacting with Lorna a lot.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-25-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Probably it would not fit her outfit so it would need to be modified but it also depends on the design

Yes I really liked the last two summaries, very well done and to the point and yes, I know I may sound like a broken record but they just need to keep the nuance and complexity, I would understand them going for the good vs evil angle if they didn´t have any previous interaction but the fact is that their relationship on Genosha was tons much more nuanced and complex than it´s today, because they were written as people before anything else and that also leads to better storylines that suit their characters allows them their own journey. This is my main worry with Trial of Magneto and Duggan´s juvenile take on Lorna, that this will become their go to characterization for her and her interaction with Erik, erasing most of the complexity of their previous interactions in one step and you know it´s bad when stories like Dark Seduction, that indeed were written to push them back into the good vs evil trope, still has more nuanced moments between them than ToM.

I hope if we keep talking about it we can avoid this. Right now they are on very good places narratively speaking, Lorna on X-men and Magneto on Inferno and Sword so maybe marvel and Leah and Duggan do have a better plan in mind for them than they have shown so far on ToM but still I can´t help but worry because this has happened before and I definitely prefer them being written complex than as caricatures of themselves.

I think Luminous could become a good foil for Lorna, given how she symbolically took her place after the retcon and seems to have a strong relationship with her own father, if handled well it would be interesting to see how they relate to each other given their similarities and differences.

Agreed completely, lest avoid this from now on.
    I think that’s exactly why Luminous appeared her. Now the twins are going back to
    Being mutants and Magneto’s children, Dugan thought Luminous would make a great foil for Polaris.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think that’s exactly why Luminous appeared her. Now the twins are going back to
    Being mutants and Magneto’s children, Dugan thought Luminous would make a great foil for Polaris.
    I hope you are right, Luminous was created as a foil for Wanda and Pietro, the fact that she´s now acting like a foil for Lorna links them again if only in a subtle way, so I am looking forward for your idea.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well he could bring Zaladane too

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well he could bring Zaladane too
    Ooh... Zaladane would be epic fun!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Ooh... Zaladane would be epic fun!
    Yes! She is missed for her chaotic personality, I think Xoffice should set up a new Brotherhood, with Mystique, Zaladane, Selene, Sabretooth, among others

Does anyone know why most of the old super X-mens sagas are, Lorna is hardly a part of it, and when she participates she is treated like an extra, with few speech bubbles...

Does anyone know why most of the old super X-mens sagas are, Lorna is hardly a part of it, and when she participates she is treated like an extra, with few speech bubbles...
    She wasn't created by Claremont and I don't think she's a character that Claremont ever took a huge interest in. He used her some, but she wasn't really a core team member during those big stories.

Custom Polaris figure. Fans making a lot of nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    She wasn't created by Claremont and I don't think she's a character that Claremont ever took a huge interest in. He used her some, but she wasn't really a core team member during those big stories.
    Much of the reserve X-Men Lorna stories was supposedly Byrne's doing in that era. Claremont didn't want her to be an X-Man in that era which was his choice, but his decisions in terms of how she was treated as an antagonist was bad. It was clear Claremont reached back to her original story as part of his justification for his Lorna is an easily controlled villain's pawn storyline theme. But, his take was never anything close to an accurate recreation of her agency in her original Queen of Mutants storyline.

Was Lorna in her original storyline the mind controlled pawn of Mesmero? LOL. No. I mean he tried, but that didn't end well for him and it was Lorna who by in large was ordering him around in the storyline. Magneto himself was injured most of the storyline.

Writers that have done antagonist arcs with Lorna and she has had tons of them have only succeeded when they follow something akin to or greater then her original storyline's power levels for Lorna within the group. When they follow the path of Claremont they undermine the character. Why Lorna's early Genosha arc is lightyears better then any of her possessed arcs was it followed the original storyline themes in terms of Lorna's relative power all the way down to Lorna leading things in the stead of an injured Magneto.

The past two decades have been a slow move away from Claremont era power dynamics with Lorna and the world around her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-29-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Lorna's very first storyline presented her as a huge potential threat to the X-Men if she had even half of Magneto's power. It's a far cry from how stories during Claremont's time treated her like just about anyone could beat her, and her powers could only be anywhere close to a threat if someone other than her got to use them. Storylines that follow the Claremont era are at best forgettable, at worst give people reason to be dismissive of her as a character and what she has to offer.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

An Xavier and Jean feat that's just as much, if not more, a Lorna feat:

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I heard that Claremont started developing Polaris, it was too late, unfortunately he left before it started, but I think Xfactor was one of the reasons, although she had very good times (especially when she became leader), she shouldn't have left the X-mens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    An Xavier and Jean feat that's just as much, if not more, a Lorna feat:

Wait what? What issue?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Claremont's developments weren't all that great. Perhaps with time they would have gotten better, but I didn't care for what was presented. Zaladane stealing Lorna's powers, her subsequent development of super strength, and the Muir Island stuff, didn't really do much for Polaris IMO. A lot of it has been done away with, or never mentioned again.

Going from the pawn of Sinister/Malice to Shadow King/Legion wasn't that much of an upgrade.

Wait what? What issue?
    This is from the Original X-Men run, maybe issue #65?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!