Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1571
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think pleased is the right word. More like relieved bc Lorna and her relationships werent tarnished anymore than she already had been in this mini
    I loved the issue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think some of you will be very pleased with ToM #5.
    I am one of them. I loved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I am one of them. I loved the issue.
    I love it too! Lorna and Wanda got closer during ANXF. They don't see each other often so its good they are close sisters now. Every scene together was great. Magneto love his daughters no matter what was said and vice versa.This is family. They go low and hit hard. Great issue!!!

I loved the issue!
    It honestly was the best issue of the series which i was surprised bc I really thought this mini overall was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I love it too! Lorna and Wanda got closer during ANXF. They don't see each other often so its good they are close sisters now. Every scene together was great. Magneto love his daughters no matter what was said and vice versa.This is family. They go low and hit hard. Great issue!!!
    This was their second comic interacting since HoM. They were on the same page together in AvX #7 though didn’t talk or refer to each other.

Not much time to build a relationship though the Avengers and x-books divide wasn’t going to give them much time. I still think the Axis retcon is coming down in the next five years. Though it will be after the MCU plans play out for Wanda.

Residual memories from the HoM universe (if one wants to believe they do have them) might be an out of continuity reason they are closer then their history would seeming support.

As I said before it was the best comic of the mini and cute. I would hazard to say I liked it, but I can’t take it further then that.

Fun fact this was the first time Exodus and Lorna were on the same page together since 2004. Before that it would have been Exodus’ first appearance in the 90s in X-Factor 92.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-22-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Let me get this straight, that fight between Erik and Lorna was unnecessary, the two ended up getting hurt, for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Do y'all remember which issue they bonded in?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Let me get this straight, that fight between Erik and Lorna was unnecessary, the two ended up getting hurt, for nothing...
    Agreed completely. I liked their scenes in the end and with Wanda but them made me regret even more those first scenes because now they make even less sense, I think it would have been interesting if Lorna asked Magneto what was going on and him giving her indirect information so she has to solve that mystery, instead of the fight they had.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do y'all remember which issue they bonded in?
    All New X-Factor #14. I definitely prefer Lorna’s “she’s my sister. I don’t hate her but I don’t really like her” characterization compared to being forced besties/sisters who love each other like they had been around each other a lot being shown in trial of magneto. Gonna keep the former as the my canon version of their relationship

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    All New X-Factor #14. I definitely prefer Lorna’s “she’s my sister. I don’t hate her but I don’t really like her” characterization compared to being forced besties/sisters who love each other like they had been around each other a lot being shown in trial of magneto. Gonna keep the former as the my canon version of their relationship
    Lorna was personally really angry with her about M-Day, but yes they were trying to move beyond it and have a relationship.

Both Wanda/Mags and Lorna/Wanda are dealing with the effects of the Axis retcon and the perceived need to keep them connected somehow now that blood isn't there. That isn't as easy as it sounds because Wanda before Avengers 503 couldn't give Magneto the benefit of the doubt about anything in her own words and back just two decades ago would probably have had nothing to do with him if biology didn't connect them.

Suddenly biology no longer connects them and they made the understandable choice to inject steroids into the emotional bond to give them a bond that doesn't need blood. Its not exactly how I would have gone about it, but I understand why it was made and I think their relationship when they do interact will likely feel somewhat unbalanced until the Axis retcon comes down.

Lorna and Magneto are the only family relationship who any given issue can have them beat themselves upside the head brutally and at the end of the day they are still bound in a way they can't break. These are issues that will probably be around for a few more years until the MCU is done with Wanda and the Axis retcon finally comes down.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-22-2021 at 07:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna was personally really angry with her about M-Day, but yes they were trying to move beyond it and have a relationship.

Both Wanda/Mags and Lorna/Wanda are dealing with the effects of the Axis retcon and the perceived need to keep them connected somehow now that blood isn't there. That isn't as easy as it sounds because Wanda before Avengers 503 couldn't give Magneto the benefit of the doubt about anything in her own words and would probably have had nothing to do with him if biology didn't connect them.

Suddenly biology no longer connects them and they made the understandable choice to inject steroids into the emotional bond to give them a closer connection. Its not exactly the choice I would have made, but I understand why it was made and I think their relationship when they do interact will likely feel somewhat unbalanced until the Axis retcon comes down.

Lorna and Magneto are the only family relationship who any given issue can have them beat themselves upside the head brutally and at the end of the day they are still bound in a way they can't break. These are issues that will probably be around for a few more years until the MCU is done with Wanda and the Axis retcon finally comes down.
    You’re leaving out serious context. Marvel kept mutants decimated endgame they didn’t have mutant film rights. Now that Disney bought Fox, now the comics brought back the Jura Da they nearly wiped out and formed societies.

The movie rights lead to the Axis retcon and their reacquisition means now that Marvel can create XMen movies, of course they are going ti officially make Wanda and Pietro Magneto’s children and mutants. Wanda created w mutant circle where one person needed to be the child of Magneto. Heavily implying she is a mutant and Magneto’s daughter.
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed completely. I liked their scenes in the end and with Wanda but them made me regret even more those first scenes because now they make even less sense, I think it would have been interesting if Lorna asked Magneto what was going on and him giving her indirect information so she has to solve that mystery, instead of the fight they had.
    A couple tweaks to the set up and execution could have made a big difference with that altercation. With Magneto leaving the council and perhaps Krakoa where do you think their relationship should go from here?

You’re leaving out serious context. Marvel kept mutants decimated endgame they didn’t have mutant film rights. Now that Disney bought Fox, now the comics brought back the Jura Da they nearly wiped out and formed societies.

The movie rights lead to the Axis retcon and their reacquisition means now that Marvel can create XMen movies, of course they are going ti officially make Wanda and Pietro Magneto’s children and mutants. Wanda created w mutant circle where one person needed to be the child of Magneto. Heavily implying she is a mutant and Magneto’s daughter.
    T
    Heavily implying, but not saying. If Leah could have done it now she would have. But, they are holding back the trigger perhaps for some big future crossover storyline or more likely synergy. Don't get me wrong as I said the retcon will come down and I think it will within five years, but in that time, its going to be an interesting period where they are bound by injecting some steroids into certain members emotional bond.

I can accept that for now though I understand why it ticks off some fans who are scratching their head.

The ToM produced a lot of nice art that can be used once Marvel starts hyping them again. Though on that score what X-Men 97 does with them matters a fair bit more in the near term and the MCU in the long term.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-22-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, although it's warm to see the affection they both had in this last issue, I'm frustrated to know that the relationship between Magneto and Polaris was built on the events of Wanda, Lorna was very desperate, as if she was sure that the killer was the Erik, and once again Leah doesn't hide that she's a terrible writer, not taking extra care in her stories, not thinking about the consequences and the gaps that needed to be answered with this result of "who really was the killer".
    And I didn't quite understand why Polaris was the only one left in Wanda's spell...

*Relieved that it's over.

A couple tweaks to the set up and execution could have made a big difference with that altercation. With Magneto leaving the council and perhaps Krakoa where do you think their relationship should go from here?

Heavily implying, but not saying. If Leah could have done it now she would have. But, they are holding back the trigger perhaps for some big future crossover storyline or more likely synergy. Don't get me wrong as I said the retcon will come down and I think it will within five years, but in that time, its going to be an interesting period where they are bound by injecting some steroids into certain members emotional bond.

I can accept that for now though I understand why it ticks off some fans who are scratching their head.

The ToM produced a lot of nice art that can be used once Marvel starts hyping them again. Though on that score what X-Men 97 does with them matters a fair bit more in the near term and the MCU in the long term.
    Lol, although the question was not for me, I would like to share my thoughts... Looking at Magneto since the beginning of the Krakoa Era, I feel that he is increasingly overworking himself, one of the consequences of being one of the most important Kings at this stage. . I can see that soon he will be on the verge of an emotional breakdown, but not because he can't handle the position he's in - but because maybe he's frustrated with all the goings-on. He'll either disappear for a while or he'll come back being a "villain", I can't see any other result for all these moments he's had and his QC output indicates something.

Now a fanfic that worries about Polaris and Magneto's relationship, I wanted to see a scene where Erik and Lorna are alone, somewhere quiet, maybe having a coffee ?? And then that dramatic silence, they both don't know what to say to each other, they both got hurt in that argument in TTOM, and then they just hug, Lorna apologizes and Magneto responds with "I know that, everything will be fine, I'm proud of the woman you're becoming "

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It really depends on where Magneto ends after the first issue of inmortal X-men, he looks like he´s leaving but not before creating a big power shift inside the QC by revealing their secrets which of course will have consequences for him so he may leave Krakoa behind to work with Storm on space or maybe even solo, which I hope doesn´t mean they will use to bring make him into an antagonist again, especially since Krakoa is pretty much what he wanted, just that i´ts been increasingly hard for him to support Charles and Moira´s plans and Inferno may as well be his breaking point when it comes to them and the QC.

But when it comes to Lorna and Erik, I think their basic relationship is that they love each other but also have going their own thing, Lorna with the X-men and Magneto with Krakoa, so unless something changes, like, maybe him deciding to go and rebuilt Genosha now that way more mutants are going to be back and they need the room for them, I could see Lorna going with him to help given her own links to the country, Anya coming back to life, there´s a possibility of this happening, which would or should meant a lot for their own father-daughter relationship which has been very tenuous at best, they will keep having their own stuff going on.

Now I personally would love to see them interact in a genuine way, address their past but also work together on missions or the goverment, see them trying to fit themselves into becoming an actual family, not just emotionally speaking but on their daily routine. I get the feeling marvel has plans for the family going forward but wether it means they will be similar to the ones we have or not is still left to be seen.

Yes, although it's warm to see the affection they both had in this last issue, I'm frustrated to know that the relationship between Magneto and Polaris was built on the events of Wanda, Lorna was very desperate, as if she was sure that the killer was the Erik, and once again Leah doesn't hide that she's a terrible writer, not taking extra care in her stories, not thinking about the consequences and the gaps that needed to be answered with this result of "who really was the killer".
    And I didn't quite understand why Polaris was the only one left in Wanda's spell..
    Yes, this is been bothering me since X-factor, I noticed she writes better with characters she cares more about but ToM was just all over the place, with little being acomplished and with some very bad character work all around. I am not sure all of this is her fault but yes, it definitely could have been a lot better.

*Relieved that it's over.
    I agree completely

Lol, although the question was not for me, I would like to share my thoughts... Looking at Magneto since the beginning of the Krakoa Era, I feel that he is increasingly overworking himself, one of the consequences of being one of the most important Kings at this stage. . I can see that soon he will be on the verge of an emotional breakdown, but not because he can't handle the position he's in - but because maybe he's frustrated with all the goings-on. He'll either disappear for a while or he'll come back being a "villain", I can't see any other result for all these moments he's had and his QC output indicates something.
    I agree completely, he´s the most interested in making Krakoa work but it´s obvious he´s getting tired of the QC being more interested on their own agendas, not that he didn´t have one as well but his usually involves trying to do the best for the country, I can see him just having enough with Emma deciding to help in the trap that got him and charles killed on inferno just because she´s mad at them for lying about Moira so I could see him just, having enough, reveal everything to them and other mutants so they can deal with the consequences now, instead of letting all of this bubble until it explodes on their faces and then deciding to take the fall for this action and leave for a while to space or for other matters, not leaving Krakoa definitely but being more willing to put his foot down when he doens´t agree with something even if not being in the QC takes some of his influence.

Now a fanfic that worries about Polaris and Magneto's relationship, I wanted to see a scene where Erik and Lorna are alone, somewhere quiet, maybe having a coffee ?? And then that dramatic silence, they both don't know what to say to each other, they both got hurt in that argument in TTOM, and then they just hug, Lorna apologizes and Magneto responds with "I know that, everything will be fine, I'm proud of the woman you're becoming "
    I would have loved to see this, them hugging was ok but I needed to see the damage to their relationship being addressed before going forward.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022