Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

I just want to add that if Lorna were to join X-Men, then assuming she'll have good treatment and fair respect, I think I would actually be fine with some things like the idea of her with Exodus or Zaladane returning that I have been opposed to.

A lot of my opposition to certain things lately has been specifically because of Marvel holding her back, burying her from view, preventing opportunities, and ignoring key aspects of her past. Those circumstances are not conducive to risky storylines and relationship dynamics. But if Lorna's on the main flagship title where she would have a higher profile alongside other veteran X-Men (especially long-time ally Jean who she hasn't spent enough time with these past few decades), and if her history is meaningfully acknowledged and used where appropriate, that makes risky stories less risky. There's more respect for the character built into their being on the main flagship title. Plus if she wins the poll to get there, it adds awareness that this is a character fans have actively said they want to see more of, making thought and care for how to treat her more likely.

I don't know if this will affect how anyone sees things or if anyone even cares, I just felt it was worth the post to make.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna's taken the lead! I really think she's gonna win this. I think she's the most popular character there.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-28-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Polaris & Banshee by J. Scott Campbell for X-Men Legends #1.

Lorna having an elected role presents a real opportunity for her to show her political side for the first time in nearly two decades (not counting the House of M universe). Its an area I have long believed she can thrive in. As for the variant of Lorna's second classic costume it is always good to see. The skull shaped choker really gives the outfit the secondary color and edge that it needs.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Love this. I hope that X-Men Legends rocks!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This is a good cover. I like this cover. I could see a scenario of Polaris and Banshee as co-leads on an X-Men Green book.

Lorna's taken the lead! I really think she's gonna with this. I think she's the most popular character there.

My personal expectation is this just comes from the initial burst of Lorna fans and her lead will drop. Whether it drops to where someone else wins, we'll just have to see. People being able to see these projections so early will also have an impact on who they vote for and how they campaign for their fave.

Under normal circumstances, I know she would win this poll decisively, no real challengers. But as said before, there's a lot working against her.

Still, it's very pleasing and delightful to see her at the top with such a big lead at this specific moment.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Lorna's taken the lead! I really think she's gonna with this. I think she's the most popular character there.

I Vote Polaris

https://twitter.com/bianosaints/stat...33050568450055

The strength of The House of M must never be questioned

House of 2. But hey I guess they are hella powerful.

Typically, I'm not fond of Campbell's work, but he did a great job there. Lorna looks wonderful, and I love that she's with Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Ah! This is amazing! I was hoping someone would create a poster for Lorna.

One of the arguments I've seen on Twitter against voting for Lorna is the idea that she would just be background on the team if she won.

Which... makes absolutely no sense.

Why have people vote in a poll, build engagement and give them a feeling that they have a stake in the outcome, only for that outcome to mean absolutely nothing? Maybe it would've happened in the old days when Marvel was a smaller company fully in control of only itself, but the Marvel of today cares about PR. And completely disregarding what people voted for would be pretty bad PR.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    One of the arguments I've seen on Twitter against voting for Lorna is the idea that she would just be background on the team if she won.

Which... makes absolutely no sense.

Why have people vote in a poll, build engagement and give them a feeling that they have a stake in the outcome, only for that outcome to mean absolutely nothing? Maybe it would've happened in the old days when Marvel was a smaller company fully in control of only itself, but the Marvel of today cares about PR. And completely disregarding what people voted for would be pretty bad PR.
    If said member doesnt get to do much on this team, its not likely to affect Marvel in any significant way. Some fans might complain but Marvel will continue to keep doing what they are doing. It'll just be another case of another team book where 1 character gets the shaft. At least I wouldnt expect it to be like Maruarders where every one but 2 do

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Nice poster!

I had two variant covers arrive last week.

I always wondered how Lorna would interact in a political setting with the core X-Men. Ironically enough it’s something we have never really seen other then with Iceman, Havok, Xavier, and a disguised Scott.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2021 at 07:17 PM.

By the way, this showed up on my trending today. Of course, it was tailored to my personal tastes as it's under the For You section, but this is the first time I've seen the word Polaris show up there and the 10.6K tweets figure is good to see.

All-New Member

So, long time lurker. I've enlisted 6 votes so far for Lorna. I'm terrible with social media, but has anyone hit up Emma Dumont to see if she has voted? Or other Gifted actors, to get their followers to #votepolaris ?