Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyLorna View Post
    So, long time lurker. I've enlisted 6 votes so far for Lorna. I'm terrible with social media, but has anyone hit up Emma Dumont to see if she has voted? Or other Gifted actors, to get their followers to #votepolaris ?
    Welcome to the thread!

I haven't contacted Emma. On Twitter, one fan asked her if she voted for Lorna and another wished her good luck in it, but none there have actually explained what the vote is.

Over on instagram, one person tagged her on a post about the vote. I think Emma looks at instagram more. But overall Emma is much more active on Asian social media that I don't use, so maybe she's posted or heard about it on those services.

As long as we're talking about Emma Dumont, gonna give an off topic plug for her that the new Wrong Turn film that she's in just released in theaters a few days ago. I'd go see it if not for COVID. I'll eventually see it video on demand though (if it's on services that will let me). I also saw What Lies Ahead (free on Amazon Prime) starring her and Rumer Willis, and that movie was... okay. Emma plays a much more innocent and vulnerable character in that film, and her performance does great at selling that impression for greater tension. So on her front individually I'd say she did excellent.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Polaris & Banshee by J. Scott Campbell for X-Men Legends #1.

She's gorgeous

Now I want Lorna and Sean to team up
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 01-29-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Lorna, by Derrick Fleece.

anyone who was worried about the direction of Lorna&Alex in X-Factor, Leah confirmed that they don't love each other anymore/promised that Lorna isn't hung up on him.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    anyone who was worried about the direction of Lorna&Alex in X-Factor, Leah confirmed that they don't love each other anymore/promised that Lorna isn't hung up on him.
    Thanks for sharing, glad to hear it, though I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Statements like that only last until a new writer comes along that thinks differently, or until the writer who said it changes their mind. Lorna's been written previously saying she's never going to be controlled again, and yet here we are, most recent issue of X-Factor, with Lorna getting controlled again.

And as I've said before, I personally don't mind stories of Lorna mind controlled if they're handled right - if they're in service to her story and she's treated well. But it's still a prime example of how quickly such things change.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I voted for Tempo. I wouldn't mind if Polaris wins the election. I'm not reading X-factor (not until they get a better regular artist) so I would actually love to see her get some X-Man Cred.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I voted for Tempo. I wouldn't mind if Polaris wins the election. I'm not reading X-factor (not until they get a better regular artist) so I would actually love to see her get some X-Man Cred.
    What I would say from the history of Lorna's interaction with the X-Men is that its failed in the past by not having a broad theme or a nitch for the character to have exciting dynamics with them. Most interaction between Lorna and the X-Men in the past came with her being written as so generic and interchangeable she could have been replaced with dozens other x-characters with only changing a select few words.

The closest thing Lorna ever had to an interesting relationship with the X-Men was a brief moment in the early 00s when she really did represent a different set of views. They didn't do a great job with it and they didn't follow up on it after House of M, but it was the most interesting interaction she has had with the X-Men.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-01-2021 at 11:12 AM.

I just want to see her do hero-stuff, have feats, be beauty-fully illustrated and hope-fully well-written by HiX-Man. Which is what I wish for any of the books I buy and read.

I do not, cannot, and will not dwell on the "innumerable wrongs" done to her in the past under other writers (there are already experts here for that) because quite frankly, I don't care that much about any of that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I just want to see her do hero-stuff, have feats, be beauty-fully illustrated and hope-fully well-written by HiX-Man. Which is what I wish for any of the books I buy and read.

I do not, cannot, and will not dwell on the "innumerable wrongs" done to her in the past under other writers (there are already experts here for that) because quite frankly, I don't care that much about any of that.
    I was making a point as to what worked (at least somewhat) with Lorna and the X-Men in the past and what didn't. It wasn't a commentary on 'wrongs' done to her at all. Something that was tried and didn't work wasn't a wrong done to her.

It was a statement of belief that Lorna can fight along side her contemporaries and have some nice feats as you want, but if that is all there is to her relationship to them then her time there would end up brief and it would be another perhaps two decades before writers try again as writers and fans thirst for two things the familiar and the interesting.

Lorna is likely never going to be the familiar as she was never a core X-Men in an iconic era, but she can certainly have interesting and dynamic relationships with the X-Men.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-01-2021 at 11:36 AM.

This is what I want as well.

But to me it seems like something from the past though, as today the stories do not seem to be told with all of these elements in them, which is a shame because it strings the fans along hoping and wanting and waiting to see all of this happen.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I was making a point as to what worked (at least somewhat) with Lorna and the X-Men in the past and what didn't. It wasn't a commentary on 'wrongs' done to her at all. Something that was tried and didn't work wasn't a wrong done to her.

It was a statement of belief that Lorna can fight along side her contemporaries and have some nice feats as you want, but if that is all there is to her relationship to them then her time there would end up brief and it would be another perhaps two decades before writers try again as writers and fans thirst for two things the familiar and the interesting.

Lorna is likely never going to be the familiar as she was never a core X-Men in an iconic era, but she can certainly have interesting and dynamic relationships with the X-Men.
    I understood what you meant. Some things worked, a lot of things didn't...that could be said for every marvel character over the course of their written history. And I cannot dwell on what was written by another in the past and allow that to colour my perception and expectations for the character going forward.

That's okies if she doesn't have the "branding" as other long-established X-Men. Maybe this could be an opportunity for her to be some new reader's "iconic" X-Man the way the O5, and then the ANAD were for others and myself.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-01-2021 at 12:01 PM.

A Lorna written as she was broadly written in House of X I believe could and should be able to have an interesting relationship with the X-Men that becomes imprinted on fans and future writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is what I want as well.

But to me it seems like something from the past though, as today the stories do not seem to be told with all of these elements in them, which is a shame because it strings the fans along hoping and wanting and waiting to see all of this happen.
    I disagree, to an extent.
    Fans are ham-strung by their own overblown expectations of how they think their Favourite-above-all should be written...all the time! Even solo characters like Wolverine are never/have never been written to perfection 100% of the time. Far less for a character who is part of an ensemble cast.
    I love Polaris, I want to see her shine in-story but...I'm not going to be reading the X-Men book only for her. I also love Scott and Jean and I want them to have their moments too, as individuals and as a team.
    Yes, that's a very tall order given that today's writers aren't like yesterday's literary paragons...which is why usually I refrain from comparing one to the other. We are never going to get Claremont-type stories and I fully accept and embrace that fact.
    That said, I intend to enjoy what's presented to me now, until I don't, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-01-2021 at 12:07 PM.