Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

The Ben Bolling one is pretty close to what Marvel did, but where it differs and enhances is by being her color green and adding in her original gold secondary color as jewelry and shoes.

The common thread between gala fan concepts I've seen is to be more extravagant and make the character connection clearer (whether by making the dress green, using metal, or incorporating her powers).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I listened to the Duggan podcast just out. The only news I heard that was new was the Hellfire Gala is a State function so Doom will be there. That news reminded me of Mags birthday in HoM.

Anyway.

Looking back at the M-Day fallout here to not knock off topic the Wanda/Decimation thread.

After Decimation mutant issues didn’t matter for Lorna at all. A lot of that was understandable she was depowered then conveniently repowered in such a way it wasn’t confirmed until 2011 she is a mutant and she was in space for most of it.

When she got back to Earth that was where Lorna’s story became too inwardly focused. Her family relationship/s developed and there was some good, but Lorna was a pretty one note character without a motivation or goals bigger then her own small life.

I have a measured degree of hope in regards to Lorna’s coming run.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-19-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Congratulations Lorna Dane! I was really surprised to see her win the slot of the X-men. Here’s to hoping we get more in-depth stories of her past, her adoptive parents (don’t know a thing about them), impressive power displays and character dialogues well written!

Polaris wins!

Can’t wait for all the new fan art we are going to get now that Polaris is on the X-Men!!

54A4134D-034F-4A2C-AE2E-9E11180A4C51.jpg

https://twitter.com/the_saintart/sta...506234369?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Can’t wait for all the new fan art we are going to get now that Polaris is on the X-Men!!

I also can’t wait to see Polaris and Scott/Jean to interact more! It will be also interesting to see if Lorna will change outfits on a regular basis and for Jean to get rid of the hideous one she’s wearing now.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Super cute!

Lorna's new look is really growing on me. Very much looking forward to seeing more of it!

said once will say it again really like her new look anything that moves away from the mini scarlet witch look is a plus.

I just noticed in the July solicits released today that the first issue of X-Men is going to be 48 pages. That seems pretty promising to me for Lorna getting a good amount of panel time in the very first issue.

If we pretended each character got whole pages dedicated just to them, that would mean 6 pages for each character. Obviously it's not going to work out that way, they're a team after all not a character showcase, but that gives an idea of how much room there is to do things in the first issue.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I just noticed in the July solicits released today that the first issue of X-Men is going to be 48 pages. That seems pretty promising to me for Lorna getting a good amount of panel time in the very first issue.

If we pretended each character got whole pages dedicated just to them, that would mean 6 pages for each character. Obviously it's not going to work out that way, they're a team after all not a character showcase, but that gives an idea of how much room there is to do things in the first issue.
    Let’s hope they get our Lorna right!

The extra pages is good news. If the book hits the ground running and doesn't pull its punches while clearly dilatating for the audience who Lorna is and what she represents it should be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    L&L reunited

The image reminded me of Emma Dumont as Laura.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Lorverine.

Lorna can tell Laura about the time she dragged Logan around while giving him a wedgie.

I’m really excited to see Jean and Polaris together. Not for them to become besties but to show the differences between them. If Jean is like a descendant for Xavier and his way of thinking, I’m interested see Lorna’s reaction to that. Not saying they wouldn’t get along but I think they’d view things differently with Lorna being more assertive and down to act. What do you all think? Who on the team do you want to see Lorna interact with and how do you think the interactions will go?

I’m really excited to see Jean and Polaris together. Not for them to become besties but to show the differences between them. If Jean is like a descendant for Xavier and his way of thinking, I’m interested see Lorna’s reaction to that. Not saying they wouldn’t get along but I think they’d view things differently with Lorna being more assertive and down to act. What do you all think? Who on the team do you want to see Lorna interact with and how do you think the interactions will go?
    Well, I've already said I'm most interested in seeing Lorna and Jean interact. I've had a fanon of them as a couple, but I also certainly don't expect Marvel to cater specifically to that. There are a lot of possibilities for dynamics between them that all could work very well as long as they're both depicted respectfully, with their histories taken into consideration.

The one thing coming to mind that I think can't, or at least shouldn't, be done is to treat Lorna like a green-haired carbon copy of Jean. They're different characters. They can be similar in many ways, but they should also have different opinions and attitudes and approaches to things even when they have common ground. If Lorna's a carbon copy of Jean, it defeats the purpose of her being there. I'm hoping the way Lorna's costume compares to Jean's is a positive sign in this regard.

I don't have a whole lot to say about any of the others. There are things that could be covered but I don't think absolutely need to be. I'm trying to remain open-minded as to what may happen, directions the writing may take, so long as Lorna's age, history, and experience are taken into account in the process in a respectful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorverine.

Lorna can tell Laura about the time she dragged Logan around while giving him a wedgie.

I loved Lorna in those pages! Her personality, using her powers and her costume which was carefully differentiated from her hair color and had the gold accents.

Plus, yeah, I loved Lorna giving Logan a heart attack before she saved him at the last minute by giving him a wedgie.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

IÂ’m really excited to see Jean and Polaris together. Not for them to become besties but to show the differences between them. If Jean is like a descendant for Xavier and his way of thinking, IÂ’m interested see LornaÂ’s reaction to that. Not saying they wouldnÂ’t get along but I think theyÂ’d view things differently with Lorna being more assertive and down to act. What do you all think? Who on the team do you want to see Lorna interact with and how do you think the interactions will go?
    Let’s have a rundown of their history. The last time both of them I would argue were close friends mini skirts were in and they were both wearing them.

But, their relationship went to the background in the 70s-90s and slowly atrophied and was replaced by other now much more developed relationships. Their 80s and 90s stuff suffered from being weak and uninteresting as watching paint dry because they were too much alike.

Lorna went off to Genosha and Jean helped Lorna off her feet at her worst.

They had a few scenes together in the Austen/Morrison era. But, never really developed anything new.

That was the last real interaction they had.

What form it might take next is entirely up to Duggan, but I would only echo not to follow the version of two friends almost completely alike formulation from the 1990s is best avoided... that was awful.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2021 at 03:38 PM.